House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
non-FTBer

Ch4 Forum - Interesting.

I've noticed a big sentiment change over the past month, go check out money saving expert... loads of threads about house prices (although I won't link to them so I don't get accused of inviting the trashing of their threads).

Seems a few people are having quite a while on the market.

Nice to hear things are panning out as expected. :P:)

My word! Conclusive proof housing will be affordable before we retire.

YAWN!

You poor thing. I can totally sympathise as I am in exactly the same position as you. We've been for sale since October 04, priced ourselves low to start with, have reduced our price by 5% since & have had plenty of offers that have been at or around the asking price. They've all fallen through though, mostly due to FTBs loving the house & deciding later that they can't afford the mortgage & pulling out.

Soul Destroying, isn't it!

The only thing to take consolation from I suppose is that at least you're getting offers, which means it must be a well priced attractive house.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

yeah right, and they all got 100% pay rises and there IS a santa claus.

So why dredge up a 9 month old post and talk about it as if it represents difficulty in selling today?

A lot of properties around here have sold in weeks of going on the market.

Little anecdotal from Dulwich for you.

Yes, over the past few months there has been a marked pick up in activity and rising asking prices, allied with a sea of 'sale agreed' or sold-stc boards up. However, just down my road the only houses where everything has been exchanged and the buyers have moved in, are middle-aged people who have paid off their mortgages and aren't reliant on borrowing.

I just don't think the banks are willing to lend young couples monoploly money and we're seeing chains collapsing, properties being re-advertised and where are all the removal vans if things are booming? Why is DIY (homebase, B&Q) slumping if things are so great? I'm willing to accept that between about 98-03 things were buoyant but I just don't get that same feeling now.

It's all very weird! :blink:

Edited by shermanator