House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
or in excess of

The Monthly Lies Are Late

I know, usually we get some interesting non-facts to coincide with the bank holiday.

Maybe the Daily Express will drop da bomb on Monday, hrm :-

Evil still alive!
Operating as landlord to 500 BTL's in Slough
The man himself can often be seen driving around the slums in a pink cadillac on Tuesday mornings picking up rents. "I'm still alive folks and prices only ever go up! Right-cha there mother. My son Phil is big, he's on TV, often seen naked in the hot tub, ohh yeah!"

The Nationwide will be telling you how to add value to your house tomorrow!

<_<

Otherwise known as how to slow the slide in the value of your house!

I have friends who have recently bought.

Just before they found the place, the seller had a completely new kitchen fitted and the whole place repainted.

They were quite happy, a new kitchen for nothing. Otherwise known as a 10 grand discount.

Oh, but of course, prices aren't falling!

Edited by BandWagon

Just to butt in in the middle - talking of the monthly lies....................did we not have them this morning? Just read in the paper (Independent - funnily enough a bit lefty) that apparently rent rises have increased this quarter, which is supposed to be re-fuelling the buy to let market. Also, we apparently have low unemployment (I guess we do to a certain extent, but what about hundreds of redundancies going on at the moment) which is also encouraging the housing market!!!

Is it just me or is everyone sick to death of being told good news then bad news then good news then bad news. Does anyone actually know the truth?

Also really cheeses me off as the smug bastards who are getting their second homes to rent to the likes of me will think they could be raking it in.

Just to butt in in the middle - talking of the monthly lies....................did we not have them this morning? Just read in the paper (Independent - funnily enough a bit lefty) that apparently rent rises have increased this quarter, which is supposed to be re-fuelling the buy to let market. Also, we apparently have low unemployment (I guess we do to a certain extent, but what about hundreds of redundancies going on at the moment) which is also encouraging the housing market!!!

Is it just me or is everyone sick to death of being told good news then bad news then good news then bad news. Does anyone actually know the truth?

Also really cheeses me off as the smug bastards who are getting their second homes to rent to the likes of me will think they could be raking it in.

The truth is that house prices going down all over the country and suckers ralley didn't suck as many as we had thought. Sheeple has quickly come to the realisation that IRs are not going to go down any further and most likely they will go up very soon. A lot of sales agreed in last few months are being pulled back. House prices have peaked and the only direction they can go from here is DOWNWARDS. No amount of VI spin can change this axcept if Gorden comes to the rescue of it by cutting down IRs further.

Guest Riser

If the big stall has started, they will blame it on "Stock market jitters"

This morning we have had mortgage approvals down on last year due to where Easter landed this year.

Late Easter blamed for fall in new mortgages

Angela Balakrishnan Saturday May 27, 2006 The Guardian

Mortgage approvals fell 4% last month compared with April 2005, the first year-on-year decline in nine months, the British Bankers' Association said yesterday.

But figures were distorted by a late Easter. The number of new loans agreed but not yet completed was 64,683, compared with 67,290 in April 2005. However because Easter fell in April this year the number of working days was lower than in April 2005. Allowing for this, economists said demand was broadly stable and in line with recent trends.

A few weeks ago they were expecting the number of sales to be down because no one is interested in buying during the World cup.

[EDIT] This morning we also have the Times worried that the old chestnut of HPI will impact the market

Moving house? Don't be duped by a pack of lies

For Mr Gove, HIPs represent a gross intrusion of the State that is likely to damage the property market without bringing any benefit to consumers.

I suspect that they will use any excuse other than the real reasons which are the fact that houses are currently overpriced by around 45% and that interest rates are expected to rise with a 0.25% priced in for July with further increases bringing rates to around 5.25% by this time next Year.

All potential buyers should be monitoring long term 5-10 year mortgage deals on offer from lenders if they want to get a real indication of which way the wind is blowing.

Edited by Riser

Guest The_Oldie

Riser, why has your posting been chopped in half?

Have to say that this increased advertising and reduced size of posting area is rubbish imo.

Perhaps Riser's post is chopped in half as a result of the "ads" in his sig <_<.

Guest Riser

Perhaps Riser's post is chopped in half as a result of the "ads" in his sig <_<.

Maybe there would be no need for adds in my sig if they got rid of those stupid adds down the side <_<

Otherwise known as how to slow the slide in the value of your house!

I have friends who have recently bought.

Just before they found the place, the seller had a completely new kitchen fitted and the whole place repainted.

They were quite happy, a new kitchen for nothing. Otherwise known as a 10 grand discount.

Oh, but of course, prices aren't falling!

But we don't know how much the house would have been on for without the new kitchen. May well have been "10 grand" less.

All you're saying is that your friends' vendors decided that they would sell more quickly if they redecorated and put in a new kitchen. Your friends seem to have proved them right!

But we don't know how much the house would have been on for without the new kitchen. May well have been "10 grand" less.

All you're saying is that your friends' vendors decided that they would sell more quickly if they redecorated and put in a new kitchen. Your friends seem to have proved them right!

crass farting has a point

I recieved the automated e-mail from houseprices.co.uk this morning saying that figs had been updated ( April's are due), but actually they don't seem to have the new transactions at all. Perhaps no houses were sold last month :P