House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Time to raise the rents.

Inflation Contained. Market Erupts.

You do seem to have quite a serious gambling addiction with property and shares and I’m sure fellow gamblers will tell you that you don’t have a problem but this also happens with drunks and the likes.

If you must gamble then be sure the stay away from anything that is dollar related.

Even I have been known to have a little flutter now and then.

Do you think the smart money will move from property to shares or can we just keep printing more and more of the stuff :rolleyes:

Guest Riser

Hi,

Sure, we can hold on. I am guessing you are referring either Bernanke's comments on indices yesterday or the OECD report this week.

Ta

No,I think he is refering to this, more corupt fgures from another corupt government :ph34r:

Inflation eats up income gains in April

WASHINGTON (AFX) - Rising prices offset modest gains in personal incomes in

April, the Commerce Department said Friday.

Personal incomes rose 0.5% in the month, but consumer prices also rose 0.5%.

Real disposable incomes (inflation-adjusted, after-tax incomes) fell 0.1%.

Real per capita incomes fell 0.2%.

Consumer spending increased 0.6% in nominal terms. In real,

inflation-adjusted terms, spending increased 0.1%, starting the second quarter

off on a weak note.

Core inflation - as measured by the personal consumption expenditure price

index, excluding food and energy - rose 0.2% in April as expected after a 0.3%

gain in March. Core inflation rose 2.1% in the past 12 months, the fastest gain

since March 2005.

Consumer prices including food and energy have risen 3.1% in the past year,

down from a 3.3% pace in March.

Core inflation is now running slightly above the Federal Reserve's informal

"comfort zone" of 1% to 2%. But the Fed is more concerned about what inflation

will do than what it has done.

Fed officials have said they believe core inflation will accelerate

temporarily, then recede back once the impact of 16 rate hikes take full effect

to slow the economy and temper demand. In a letter released Thursday, Fed

Chairman Ben Bernanke told a congressman that core inflation remains well

contained.

The Fed meets at the end of June to consider further rate increases. Any

further hikes are dependent on the data that come in. Currently, a June rate

hike is rated as a tossup..........................

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060526/economy.html?.v=7

AP

Inflation Rises Above Fed Comfort Zone

Friday May 26, 10:38 am ET

By Martin Crutsinger, AP Economics Writer

Incomes and Spending Up, but Inflation Rises Above Fed Comfort Zone

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Consumer spending grew in April at the fastest pace in three months but much of that spending went to pay for higher gasoline prices.
Rising price pressures pushed a key gauge of inflation favored by the Federal Reserve up by the largest amount in 13 months
The Commerce Department reported Friday that
consumer spending jumped
0.6 percent last month, the biggest increase since a 0.8 percent rise in January.

Looks like TTRTR was right--it is higher rates on the way :o

Not a good time to own IR senistive assets.

Bloody hell Jabba can't you get a self-esteem hit anywhere else? :lol:

The index movement is always amplified at this time of year because of the low volumes - it doesn't change the fundementals....

Edited by dnd

Yep, now the pros have cleared you lot out of your investments, they will take the high ground again and let you back in at a new level - if you dare.

:lol:

Glad I started taking up long positions again, all bar one are in profit and given yesterdays rises I've been doing quite well.

Fingers crossed.

If central bank inflation control is seen as bluff then I think the commodity market is posied to call theiir bluff and we will see further rapid surges - may not be metals/oil, it may well spring a leak into some of the rest or affect the market as a whole.

Guest Alright Jack

You guys still don't get it.

The inflation data is ******. The banks have no intention of tightening money supply. What you have been seeing is the start of hyperinflation.

At least some of the bears on here have worked this out and bought gold instead of buying property (fair enough!) The rest of you are soooooo buggered it's just hilarious. Those savings of yours have already been stolen. This assault on us that have always had the sense to put our hard earnt money to good use (property owners for example) is just nonsensical.

You think house prices have risen, well, you are mistaken, it is the value of cash that has fallen. (see gold - it will show you that house prices have already corrected sharply)

go over to marc faubers site doomboomgloom report.

I also have been taken for a ride. I thought I had made a mint from HPI but, in reality, I haven't. It is worth pretty much the same now as always when you consider how paper currencies have collapsed since 2001.

You guys still don't get it.

The inflation data is ******. The banks have no intention of tightening money supply. What you have been seeing is the start of hyperinflation.

At least some of the bears on here have worked this out and bought gold instead of buying property (fair enough!) The rest of you are soooooo buggered it's just hilarious. Those savings of yours have already been stolen. This assault on us that have always had the sense to put our hard earnt money to good use (property owners for example) is just nonsensical.

You think house prices have risen, well, you are mistaken, it is the value of cash that has fallen. (see gold - it will show you that house prices have already corrected sharply)

go over to marc faubers site doomboomgloom report.

I also have been taken for a ride. I thought I had made a mint from HPI but, in reality, I haven't. It is worth pretty much the same now as always when you consider how paper currencies have collapsed since 2001.

I guess that is why the worlds most succesful investor, Warren Buffet is in cash now then. :lol:

You = BAAAAAAAAAA!

Guest Alright Jack

I guess that is why the worlds most succesful investor, Warren Buffet is in cash now then. :lol:

You = BAAAAAAAAAA!

Don't be stupid.

Number 1) Buffet admitted he sold his silver too soon.

Number 2) How can a fund management firm be in cash? What the f**k is the point in being a fund manager if you are not invested????? What do you tell your clients who pay you to invest? Go and do your homework silly boy.

Number 2) How can a fund management firm be in cash? What the f**k is the point in being a fund manager if you are not invested????? What do you tell your clients who pay you to invest? Go and do your homework silly boy.

Perhaps every asset class is in or near a bubble. Then what? Noone knows. But I'm pretty sure it's bad.

frugalista

Perhaps every asset class is in or near a bubble. Then what? Noone knows. But I'm pretty sure it's bad.

frugalista

That may well be the situation, which is the last bubble? When the banks are printing it is commodities / some equities. It certainly isn't housing - people will have LESS real income to service housing when the higher bills come flooding in not more - uness their wages rise, which they can't/won't because of global competition.