IF your age on 5 April 2006 is

47 and older - no change

46 - pension between 65 and 66

38-45 - pension at 66

37 - pension between 66 and 67

29-36 - pension at 67

28 - pension between 67 and 68

27 or younger - pension at 68

let's just at that to the list then, which starts with no final salary pension anyway, nuts house prices and tuition fees.

HOLA442

The wellfare state is a failed sixty year experiment.

It was meant well but sadly it is not practicle.

For thousands of years the family group collectivly looked after itself. Young looked after by old, the old looked after by those in their prime, those in their prime collected or hunted the food etc.

HOLA443

For thousands of years the family group collectivly looked after itself. Young looked after by old, the old looked after by those in their prime, those in their prime collected or hunted the food etc.

So the suggestion is that we do away with the health service, free education, unemployment benefit and return to living in forests? I'll just get my club...

HOLA444

47 and older - no change

38-45 - pension at 66

29-36 - pension at 67

let's just at that to the list then, which starts with no final salary pension anyway, nuts house prices and tuition fees.

what else did you expect, the boomers need to eat their young

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

47 and older - no change

38-45 - pension at 66

29-36 - pension at 67

No, that's what they are telling you today - when you hit 66 and 364 days, they will change it to 70, ad nauseam, but they will all still look after their own public sector jokers and they will retire at 60......

Face facts, if you are under 40 now, YOU WON'T GET A STATE PENSION if you have worked, paid tax and kept your nose clean, the only people who will get a pension will be the lifetime benefits people - the very people who are an expensive waste of oxygen in the first place.

HOLA4413

Face facts, if you are under 40 now, YOU WON'T GET A STATE PENSION if you have worked, paid tax and kept your nose clean, the only people who will get a pension will be the lifetime benefits people - the very people who are an expensive waste of oxygen in the first place.

I'm afraid you're probably right.

Got this rubbish on the Labour email list:

Since 1997, we have made real progress in tackling the appalling legacy of pensioner poverty we inherited from the Tories, so far helping a million pensioners out of poverty.

Today's reforms are for the future - they are the blueprint for the system for the next forty years.

I'd like to know what you think about these proposals. You can post your comments and queries here

http://www.labour.org.uk/pensionsreform

I'll put my response online on Thursday 8 June.

John Hutton MP

Work and Pensions Secretary

I suggest everyone fills in the above form and points out how are young people supposed to save for a pension when they are having to sink huge amounts of money into housing thanks to Labour's stewardship of the housing market.

Edited by DoubleBubbleTrouble

HOLA4414

No, that's what they are telling you today - when you hit 66 and 364 days, they will change it to 70, ad nauseam, but they will all still look after their own public sector jokers and they will retire at 60......

I am due to retire 2021, and I won't be holding my breath for a pension.

Hope my kids do OK :blink:

HOLA4415

If these idiots left me to it and let me save my own money and not try to force me to pile money into pointless pensions I can't draw, I would intend to be retiring at 40 on my own finances of what I have saved up.

Instead they are going to try to make me pay income tax till I am a lot older - I have a better idea, let's leave the country and stop being tax resident and take the money with me for a few years, then never become tax resident again - then we will see just how good an idea it is to rip my money off me. It will also mean my kids will lose UK tax status and all my assets will go into offshore management - it's got to be the way forward or else anyone that does pay will be pumped harder to fund the buying of votes for those that don't fund the system (yes, public sector people, that does mean you - yes, you may do a worthy job, but the rest of us pay for it).

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

47 and older - no change

38-45 - pension at 66

29-36 - pension at 67

Under 30s screwed ? I think that should be amended to under 47s screwed.

Its not fair anyway - not fair to those that didn't go tossing it off at Butlins University for 3 years.

To be fair, graduates should be expected to retire at least 3 years later than everyone else simply to make up for the lost 3 years when they were not contributing any NI and taxes - like everyone else of similar able bodied working age.

HOLA4418

So the suggestion is that we do away with the health service, free education, unemployment benefit and return to living in forests? I'll just get my club...

You don't quite get it, people are electing to use independent schools and private healthcare despite also paying for failing state services, this is not sustainable in the longterm. The original welfare state was based upon a quid pro quo, but now those who contribute get nothing for something and a whole underclass expects something for nothing.

HOLA4419

Its not fair anyway - not fair to those that didn't go tossing it off at Butlins University for 3 years.

To be fair, graduates should be expected to retire at least 3 years later than everyone else simply to make up for the lost 3 years when they were not contributing any NI and taxes - like everyone else of similar able bodied working age.

Yeah we dont really want or need an educated population FFS :rolleyes:

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

So if I have paid a million quid in direct PAYE and NI by the time I am 40, can I retire then ? Or should I keep on paying till I am 71 ?

Or should only the lazy buggers who mess about in minimum wage jobs who pay sod all tax and take out the income support get less than the average graduate [TIC ?]

[example only, I am not Ignorant Steve.... :) ]

HOLA4423

If an extra 4% (or more) is needed to top up our existing NI contributions for this new pension idea, lets face it, its another tax, that's another 4% off disposable income. Is that good for an HPC ?

Edited by Rigsby

HOLA4424

I was just reading the Teletext that for the under 27's, they will have to work an extra 3 years. If that isn't bad enough, they will get the equivalent of £3/week for it.

:blink:

Shame. The real culprits in this mess are the government, I'm certain pensions would probably be more affordable if they didn't tinker with the system and foist useless and expensive projeccts (eg. id cards) on the country.

HOLA4425
I suggest everyone fills in the above form and points out how are young people supposed to save for a pension when they are having to sink huge amounts of money into housing thanks to Labour's stewardship of the housing market.

The system is corrupt to the core and our MP’s are spending your money today and don’t care about what will happen in 30 years time as they will all be dead anyway.

We pay enough in direct and hidden stealth taxes that it’s impossible to save for a private pension so the we can go back to sleep, revolt or withhold as much tax as we can and try to make that cover the gap.

Want to know how bad it will get then see what it’s like in many other countries around the world, now tell yourself this could never happen to you.