House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Orbital

Croydon - S.london

Great line into town for us City commuters, I live South of Croydon town itself a few stops down the line. What amazed me was how cheap houses are relative to other Zone 6 areas with a similar commute. I just bought my 1st house, paid a tad over £200k, and landed myself a 3 bed semi with large garden, 2 larger rooms and even the smallest easily holds a king sized double bed.

I think these kinda bargins wont be around for long, when we were looking we went round just over 20 properties in 2 weeks (eek!) and some of them were clearly over priced. However the supply has really dried up and some of the less nice places have now gone for considerably more than we paid (according to the land registry details on right move).

Sadly most of the development in the area is flats - like everywhere, but I guess that just means an increase in demand for family homes in the future. tbh I can only see the houses going up and up. With the population of London set to increase 25% by year whatever and only flats being built in numbers its gonna be pretty hard to get ya hands on a family house.

If I were me (which I am ;)) - Id be looking to find an area that still represents a bargin and buy now before prices just go further out of reach. At least now I know my kids will grow up with a garden to play in, I'll only ever be 20mins by train from one of the worlds largest job markets, and I wont be kicked out by my landlord ever again (- not a nice experience, I was well pro renting until that happened!). The best thing is my mortgage payments are about the same as my rental ones, but when you get ya mortgage statement its very rewarding to see it dropping :).

Oh and my last crappy landlord's house is still empty hahaha!

GL all!

tbh I can only see the houses going up and up.

Thats cos you're deluded!

At least now I know my kids will grow up with a garden to play in, I'll only ever be 20mins by train from one of the worlds largest job markets

GL all!

You'll also be only 20 minutes from the UK's biggest terrorist target!