House Price Crash Forum

Looks like this one's still not flying off the shelf despite the 'free' Ferrari. :lol::lol:

Also is the "Guaranteed rental income for the next 16 months of £1477 per month and no utilities to pay" a new additional offer as I cant remember reading that last time.

I was looking at this, and decided that once he is going to throw in his services for 2 years as a butler and chef, I might, just might consider it. He is quite a cutie!

Blimey, is that still going? I'm sure I saw that for the first time before Christmas 2005? :o You're right about the rental bit not being there before ... and who would have signed up for a guaranteed 16 more months anyway? :blink:

Blimey, is that still going? I'm sure I saw that for the first time before Christmas 2005? :o You're right about the rental bit not being there before ... and who would have signed up for a guaranteed 16 more months anyway? :blink:

Perhaps someone could say that they're interested in the house, but only if they get a free Lamboghini with it instead of the Ferrari.

Billy Shears

Perhaps someone could say that they're interested in the house, but only if they get a free Lamboghini with it instead of the Ferrari.

Hrm, if you picked up a girl in a Lamboghini she'd expect to arrive somewhere a lot nicer than a squalid mock-georgian townhouse... or maybe that's just a reflection of the vapid souls I hang around with.

Can't stand these adverts btw, we make the forum, we're being farmed.

Hrm, if you picked up a girl in a Lamboghini she'd expect to arrive somewhere a lot nicer than a squalid mock-georgian townhouse...

Yeah, those kind of cars attract serious golddiggers/marry to divorce types

Nothing less than a large house in it's own grounds for them

:lol:

Guest Cletus VanDamme

I see a new three letter acronym coming on: MTD. I can see it now:

'Yeah, well I was just an FTB, he was a BTL via MEW, but he decided to STR so I couldn't MTD'

Guest Guy_Montag

If he knocked £23632 off the price he might get a bit more interest.

The car is worth around 50k.

I doubt it.

Indeed, you can't go wrong with a 2CV and some posh bints.

If he knocked £23632 off the price he might get a bit more interest.

Just goes to show no one is that stupid to think the ferrari is really for free.

Flog it on autotrader you fool <_<

And bring your house price down to £319k :D

Without wishing to be rude about the place Durham is not exactly the centre of the Universe. Over a third of a million quid for an ordinary town house???

Metinks, they are aving a larf! Raving mad! That's wot I say.

As for the bloke selling his Ferrari, is his name Mr P Nesshead?

Without wishing to be rude about the place Durham is not exactly the centre of the Universe. Over a third of a million quid for an ordinary town house???

Metinks, they are aving a larf! Raving mad! That's wot I say.

As for the bloke selling his Ferrari, is his name Mr P Nesshead?

:lol:

The car must be some sort of substitute for something. :unsure:

His coat's done up to the neck to hide the fact he's already lost his shirt!

I feel some pity for him, as at least he knows what's coming.

I wonder what really spooked him.

His coat's done up to the neck to hide the fact he's already lost his shirt!

I feel some pity for him, as at least he knows what's coming.

I wonder what really spooked him.

this? :P;)

Guest Winners and Losers

No just more subtle than you ffs :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, you are about as subtle as a f*cking brick.

Oh yeah, you are about as subtle as a f*cking brick.

That depends on what you want and use a brick for ffs. :rolleyes:

That depends on what you want and use a brick for ffs. :rolleyes:

I used to live right opposite these houses when I was a student, I remember when they were built. Took up a bit of green belt that had been protected and people used to go and sit on and get fantastic views of the city, so nobody was exactly impressed when the council or whoever decided to give the land to barrats. The houses themselves look alright when you are standing next to them, they've done a reasonable job of fitting them in with the existing stock but at the same time making them appear modern. When they first started to sell I thought they were a huge rip-off. A few months later a couple of them started to show up for rent in the students union accomodation office - rentals were obviously hugely unrealistic and showed straight away that they had been bought by idiot amatuer BTL landlords new to the game. I think most houses at that time were about 60 quid a week per room, I think one in that estate i noticed was 125 or something ridiculous like that. Never rented. Took quite a long time for barrats to sell all of them.

While they were building them, the council decided to put traffic lights on the roundabout next to the estate, which you have to look over to get your cathedral views. This meant that at night time boy racers would rev their engines sitting at the lights and race each other off the start line, whereas before they just went straight through the empty roundabout. This can't have been good for the houses at the front of the estate which were directly next to the roundabout (10 yards or so away). Looking at the pictures on that website, looks like his is the house on the corner right next to the roundabout.

He bought the house on 27th May 2005 for 300K. I think he got done... Have a look at Nethouseprices

The car is worth around 50k.

:unsure: That's a tough one.

Which is what's mad - if he's not a total p1llock, you don't sell a Ferrari like this - you can't because they need to be properly inspected etc. so anyone laying out the cash will be suspect of anyone just chucking it in as a 'freebie' on a house. I wonder whether he's bought it at trade and it needs a cambelt service, brakes and it'S got an early F1 gearbox - RUN AWAY UNLES YOU WANT YOUR WALLET RAPED (the early ones can be a disaster, some are OK, but like most of these gadgets, risky (just ask an Alfa Selespeeed or BMW early SMG driver)- in which case it's worth a lot less.

This is stupid - if he offered a free Ford Ka or VW Polo then maybe closer, but it would have to be at a cost of £5K) - chucking in a £50K Ferrari that could easily come with £15K of faults and less than 1% of people want is nuts.

Is this guy just a media whore or just a bit slow. Otherwise why ramp it - take your loss and run. Don;t humiliate yourself.

Edited by Rachman

Guest Winners and Losers

Winners and Shaker, are you two having a cyber lovers tiff?

No, he's only gone and slapped the flirting ban on me ffs. :rolleyes:

Sorry boys, looks like the party is over and you will get your way, back to boring old house prices for me I guess. :(. It was fun while it lasted. ;)