House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Smell the Fear

How We Can All Get A Nice Place To Live

Ok, we all hang out here bitching about not being able to afford suitable accommodation. Well, maybe I have the solution.

Everyone who joins HPC will pay £2k into a pot, which goes towards buying a home for a HPC member. Every new member chips in as they join, and those at the top of the queue get their, let's be generous and say £300k (maybe £4-500k for those in London).

Payout will go in membership number order, apart from me of course (I go first as a reward for my great idea).

Any members who already own a house will be excluded.

Is there any reason why this wouldn't work? People would flock to HPC and sign up, so we would all get a house. Great! B)

If anyone can see any problems with this, let me know and I'm sure we can iron them out easily.

Guest Baffled_by_it_all

Here's my money! Here's my money!

Can't miss the boat AGAIN...

Here's my money! Here's my money!

Can't miss the boat AGAIN...

There's obviously considerable enthusiasm for this idea, so I'll set up an STF paypal account to receive the monies. As Gordon would say, hopefully we will have several "millions" or maybe even "billions" in there soon.

p.s. don't worry, I am perfectly happy to handle the treasurer's role for this. If any of you are keen on the marketing aspects, go for it!

Everyone who joins HPC will pay £2k into a pot, which goes towards buying a home for a HPC member. Every new member chips in as they join, and those at the top of the queue get their, let's be generous and say £300k (maybe £4-500k for those in London).

Great idea but with current membership around 5000 and the current join up rate you should get your house in about 2060

And well all want to come to the housewarming party

CS

Edited by Cornwall Sceptic

Guest Cletus VanDamme

Great idea but with current membership around 5000 and the current join up rate you should get your house in about 2060

The way the 'crash' is going at the moment he's going to have to wait that long anyway ;)

Er what happens to STRs? I think it would be fairer if it went by order of membership number who are FTB then by order of membership number who are STR.

Er what happens to STRs? I think it would be fairer if it went by order of membership number who are FTB then by order of membership number who are STR.

It's not as simple as that. I STRed, but I've blown all the dough! :huh::(

On the marketing front I will offer a studio flat (in Peckham ) which you can buy from me for £170,000 and sell to the lucky winner for only £180000 ( which will include the offplan discount )

50 :50 split OK ?

And well all want to come to the housewarming party

CS

We have to speed things up then. Everybody chips in 2K, and every time there's enough money, we buy an official HPC BTL. We all chip in labour to renovate it, then let it. The rental income from the house is then added to the pot to buy the next house. When that one is bought, there are then two rental incomes feeding into the pot in addition to joining fees for new members. This continues, the income growing exponentially, until we all have houses.

Billy Shears

It's not as simple as that. I STRed, but I've blown all the dough! :huh::(

Tough sh*t! Get to the back of the queue. :lol::lol:

Hand in partner is not such a bad idea, but Credit Unions (not Building Societies) have been around for years, and they don't seem to get too much good attention. Maybe we just need to set up our own. With 5 quid a pop and 50,000 members (we have 5K members at the moment so that is a 900% rise in membership) it would be possible to buy 1/2 to 1 house a week

I also think that if too many of us did that we would again be chasing the market up and it doesn't deal with the trap of an unaffordable amount of money on an ongoing basis even without interest for a roof over the head (unless you are suggesting that people don't have to pay it back in which case the whole thing would fall down!)

How We Can All Get A Nice Place To Live, and forget about this crash nonsense

Hang on there might be an answer

There is a guy who has started another thread (brassfarting) who has a great idea (page 3ish)

wait for it..........................................

Why dont people simply.............................

double their salaries?

Yea B)B)

Wish id have thought of that one :( clever cloggs

7x salaries would be 3.5x salaries see? its sooooo simple

How We Can All Get A Nice Place To Live, and forget about this crash nonsense

Hang on there might be an answer

There is a guy who has started another thread (brassfarting) who has a great idea (page 3ish)

wait for it..........................................

Why dont people simply.............................

double their salaries?

Yea B)B)

Wish id have thought of that one :( clever cloggs

7x salaries would be 3.5x salaries see? its sooooo simple

FFS hes cracked it. I cannot believe it. HIP HIP HOORAY, HIP HIP HOORAY, HIP HIP HOORAY! :rolleyes: