House Price Crash Forum
Badger

Messed Up My Life

I STR in 2001 having bought in 1994, to go travelling and help run a holistic centre for a few years. I've still got the 50k proceeds but after getting over the initial wave of depression upon discovering the extent of price rises in 2004, I feel now 5 years later that I fully f**ed up. Upside is my partner & my career is better than ever and we have all we could wish for including a great value place to rent. Do I stop beating myself up yet or what?

I STR in 2001 having bought in 1994, to go travelling and help run a holistic centre for a few years. I've still got the 50k proceeds but after getting over the initial wave of depression upon discovering the extent of price rises in 2004, I feel now 5 years later that I fully f**ed up. Upside is my partner & my career is better than ever and we have all we could wish for including a great value place to rent. Do I stop beating myself up yet or what?

Nowt you can do for the moment but in a couple of years things may have chaged. Keep saving and enjoy where you are.

WTF???

You sold with enormous tax free profit to change your lifestyle. You won FFS. What more do you want?

You didn't sell for money so what's the f'ing problem?

Anyway why do you have Ruth from the Apprentice's name?

you could be worse off ffs :rolleyes:

Yep, in terms of the housing market, you f**ked up. Get over it. The rest of your life seems o.k. - we all can't have everything we want.

Hardly a f*** up. Bad timing yes, but you still profitted, just you could have done better.

Hardly messed up your life though. You made your choice to travel, now look forwards!

So you sold up, travelled, and (by the sound of it) realised an ambition. After all that, you still have 50k in the bank. Not sure what the problem is - if you sat tight, you would (I assume) be regretting not having lived life to the full. B)

Guest The_Oldie

IMO the best you can do is buy another place & try to trade back up through renovation & sale or a similar plan to that.

That's probably not a bad idea if he waits a few years for prices to drop ;).

Too bad. Loads of people on this forum would think 50k is a lot of money. But we know it's peanuts these days.

Don't believe TTRTR. 50k is still a lot of cash. Try saving it up from your wages and you will soon find out. You only need to go back a few years and everyone would have agreed with you. It is only today's property prices which have distorted the value of money.

frugalista

Guest Winners and Losers

Was your crystal ball not working that day? Stop beating yourself up. It's easy to do with hindsight being such a wonderful thing. It just didn't go your way, had it gone the other way.....

That's life - ya win some ya lose some. ;)

Phew - that 50K could now be 200K - would have saved you a few years of your life working for a living

commence beating up....

Would death bring some relief? :rolleyes:

Looking at the responses on this thread, one might think that property is the only path to prosperity.

Guest Winners and Losers

Looking at the responses on this thread, one might think that property is the only path to prosperity.

Wash your mouth out!! :angry:

Edited by Winners and Losers

Yeah have they tried gold digging? :unsure:

Would death bring some relief? :rolleyes:

If your not concious you don't have any worries

I wonder if a human can go into hibernation for 5 years or so?

Wake up to find the world...

...is even worse

Guest Winners and Losers

I wonder if a human can go into hibernation for 5 years or so?

Wake up to find the world...

...is even worse

Yes :unsure: