House Price Crash Forum
DoubleBubbleTrouble

Hm Treasury House Price Predictions

As you can imagine we've been actively investigating how the government percieves the housing market and it's future.

We came across this graph in the full budget report we hadn't seen before, nothing particularly scintillating...

chart88ho.jpg

UPDATE: Our site got hacked within an hour of posting this, many thanks to megaflop for restoring the image.

Edited by DoubleBubbleTrouble

It looks like they haven't a clue and are making it up to suit needs.

Remember it's all about giving an impression to the market of what they wish for - and this is normally best case scenario.

Good link DTB

As you can imagine we've been actively investigating how the government percieves the housing market and it's future.

We came across this graph in the full budget report we hadn't seen before, nothing particularly scintillating...

HMTreasury_PredictedPriceEarningsRatio.PNG

Is that HP/earnings? Looks like just HP to me... I certainly didn't notice my salary take off like that! :)

BTW, looks like your website got hacked.

Have you got a link so we can view it in context?

Well I had posted some more info on the Priced Out forums but our turkish hacker friends have closed them for the night. Here's what you're looking for although there isn't any context you're missing out on;

http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/media/225/A7..._and_tables.pdf

Edited by DoubleBubbleTrouble

If you're right, moose, given that its a hp:earnings ratio, I wonder who they expect to be going down the shops over the next 4, 10 20 years?

If we don't have a property crash, then my homeowning would-be-2nd-time-buyer friends are NEVER going to see the standard of living of their parent's generation.

I must remember to tell them this in the pub next time we meet.

If you're right, moose, given that its a hp:earnings ratio, I wonder who they expect to be going down the shops over the next 4, 10 20 years?

If we don't have a property crash, then my homeowning would-be-2nd-time-buyer friends are NEVER going to see the standard of living of their parent's generation.

I must remember to tell them this in the pub next time we meet.

Never see their pensions either.