House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
padawan

Anarchy In The Uk

Been doing the maths recently about buying myself a place so probably feeling a bit less than Buddhist calm. It came from what Cupidstunt said yesterday:

I had a leter from the Agent who handles my 2 BTL's telling me that the tennants of one have "not been looking after it" and assume the worst

For all you other renting FTBs who've been priced out of the buying a house let's all 'not look after' our houses. I'm going to start smoking (heavily) and maybe go down to the RSPCA and adopt one of their stray dogs...

:D

Guest Winners and Losers

Been doing the maths recently about buying myself a place so probably feeling a bit less than Buddhist calm. It came from what Cupidstunt said yesterday:

For all you other renting FTBs who've been priced out of the buying a house let's all 'not look after' our houses. I'm going to start smoking (heavily) and maybe go down to the RSPCA and adopt one of their stray dogs...

:D

Will they care? If I start smoking I lose my 750 quid deposit!! Pass.

Will they care? If I start smoking I lose my 750 quid deposit!! Pass.

Dya think your likely to ever see that again??? Its gone - get your money's worth!

TB

Guest Winners and Losers

Dya think your likely to ever see that again??? Its gone - get your money's worth!

TB

I had better see it again or its war. :angry:

My Landlord is very cool actually. I've got him wrapped around my little finger. ;):rolleyes:

I had better see it again or its war. :angry:

My Landlord is very cool actually. I've got him wrapped around my little finger. ;):rolleyes:

I havea friend who once told me that it's best to see the deposit more as a 'one off moving in fee'. I thought he was mad at the time, but since having a couple of rentals, taking that atitude doesn't half make your life less stressed.

Some of you may not like this, but I don't care; In the early 90's I had beef with my LL, wouldn't refund deposit. The flat was furnished, I called in a clearance company and sold the lot for a pittance.

I havea friend who once told me that it's best to see the deposit more as a 'one off moving in fee'. I thought he was mad at the time, but since having a couple of rentals, taking that atitude doesn't half make your life less stressed.

Well it's nice to know you and your landlord are friends...

Guest Winners and Losers

Some of you may not like this, but I don't care; In the early 90's I had beef with my LL, wouldn't refund deposit. The flat was furnished, I called in a clearance company and sold the lot for a pittance.

I'm liking you more and more dom. ;)

Thats another bit of power the landlord loses in August

I would pity the landlord who tried to withold our desposit - the fury of mrs greencat is not something any sane person wants to provoke.

Failing that - losing a number of front door keys (marked with the address and accompanied by a photocopy of the relevant page of the A-Z) near some homeless folk would give satisfaction.

Guest Winners and Losers

I would pity the landlord who tried to withold our desposit - the fury of mrs greencat is not something any sane person wants to provoke.

Failing that - losing a number of front door keys (marked with the address and accompanied by a photocopy of the relevant page of the A-Z) near some homeless folk would give satisfaction.

I'm get some great ideas for revenge! Having said that, I have never not received my full deposit back when I have rented. I am also a Landlord, so maybe I should think about passing the revenge onto my tenants? :unsure:

I'm get some great ideas for revenge! Having said that, I have never not received my full deposit back when I have rented. I am also a Landlord, so maybe I should think about passing the revenge onto my tenants? :unsure:

You can do what some of my mates did when students. When you are thinking of moving out, dont pay the last months deposit and tell them to take it out of your deposit.

You can do what some of my mates did when students. When you are thinking of moving out, dont pay the last months deposit and tell them to take it out of your deposit.

if theres any doubt thats what i do. never lost one so far. B)

Wow - how can you be so relaxed? The very thought of a landlord not returning every cent of a deposit makes me apoplectic! I really need to chill out. What are you smoking and where do you get it? :D

Wow - how can you be so relaxed? The very thought of a landlord not returning every cent of a deposit makes me apoplectic! I really need to chill out. What are you smoking and where do you get it? :D

Shakers Tavern, London E3. :rolleyes:

Guest Winners and Losers

Shakers Tavern, London E3. :rolleyes:

Don't make me laugh. You couldn't score if you tried. :rolleyes: