House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ʎqɐqɹǝʞɐɥs

The Official Hpc Poll On The Forum Changes

Looks like the new aligned banner ads are not only squashing the forum, wasting a lot of empty space, but is also more importantly disgruntaling many forum members, so how would you prefer the ads aligned? :unsure:

Looks like the new aligned banner ads are not only squashing the forum, wasting a lot of empty space, but is also more importantly disgruntaling many forum members, so how would you prefer the ads aligned? :unsure:

I've been a bit disgruntled today too. It does something weird at the bottom of the page so I overshoot when trying to get to the last post on a page.

Guest Winners and Losers

Like it needed a poll ffs. :rolleyes:

I've been a bit disgruntled today too. It does something weird at the bottom of the page so I overshoot when trying to get to the last post on a page.

Do you use the 'last unread' link? (The red button on each post)

Very usefull.

Guest Bart of Darkness

To be honest I didn't even notice!

And I neither noticed nor care.

The vertical ads are a pain in the @rse!!! Even with an add blocker it makes the main forum frame thinner. WM posted on another thread that the HPC logo is smaller to try and help those people who are using 800 x 600 - Well taking up about a 1/5 of the screen with an AD or a white space make it look pathetic.

I stuck by FUBRA and WM when CONSA had its go at the establishment and I said lets see what happens. I accept there are going to be adverts but keep them horizontal. Vertical ads make the site LOOK PATHETIC and make it a LESS USER FRIENDLY.

THESE HAVE TO GO! :angry:

TB

Whilst I am on my high horse! Why cant FUBRA set aside MAINTENANCE TIMES on a regular bases. i.e. Every Wednesday between 11.00am and 12.00pm. So when it goes Tits-up we can have the reassurance that it will be ok a little later.

Even better, try all these things on a test server first and then just update the site!

These things can be resolved - I just feel that the way things are getting done now is really annoying!

Edited by teddyboy

The side ads suck big-time. I've now given all the ads the Mozilla ad-block treatment which helps, but that leaves a massive vertical void down the right of the screen - it looks bloody ridiculous, and is a big waste of screen real estate. I find the ticker very irritating too.

My 2p worth.

TLM

Anyone noticed the irony in the changes?

They have made the forum frame 85% of width!

So we are getting 85% of screen real estate when we expected 100%!

Bit like todays housing!!! HPC Screen real estate is overstated!!

:lol:

TB