House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
FTBagain

Recent Turbulance And Boj Changing Policy

I was wondering whether anyone had any thoughts on the interesting coincidence that the first really serious falls on the world markets comes just a few weeks after the Bank of Japan started to soak up the excess liquidity in the markets.

To me it seems reasonable that there would be some kind of ripple effect because many of the markets have generally been helped to inflate by the highly accommodating policies of the BoJ, so it follows that they would deflate if and when the bank changed its policy. No mention of this possible link in any of the press. Could be that the carry trade will unwind, hiding behind other stories? Not a conspiracy just no one really understanding what is happening?

On a personal note it is odd to think my chances of buying a house, will be determined to a significant degree on the actions of a central bank in the Far East….