House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Time to raise the rents.

Fair Charges For Landlords

I say Landlords should be able to charge an hourly rate for dealing with non-issues with tenants.

When for example I have to train people on how to clean limescale, how to change lightbulbs, how to double-lock doors, how to lock windows properly, how to operate timers and thermostats, how to clean vacuum cleaners etc, it all takes time & their Mums & Dad's really should have taught them these things.

I reckon £50 per hour plus paid time for travel is appropriate. What do you lot think?

Edited by Time to raise the rents.

lol...i assume you are kidding?

at the end of the day, all that stuff comes hand in hand with being a landlord..no quibbling.

Everyone has to do things in their jobs that aren't part of their actual responsibilities/remitence.

I'm a dental hygienist, but i sometimes answer phones and deal with payments at my work places...and none of the above are part of being a hygineist or in my contract...but i do them.

problem with the net is you never can tell when people are being serious/joking

I say Landlords should be able to charge an hourly rate for dealing with non-issues with tenants.

When for example I have to train people on how to clean limescale, how to change lightbulbs, how to double-lock doors, how to lock windows properly, how to operate timers and thermostats, how to clean vacuum cleaners etc, it all takes time & their Mums & Dad's really should have taught them these things.

I reckon £50 per hour plus paid time for travel is appropriate. What do you lot think?

Hmm, you mean you're not counting the hours you spend on running your business now?

Many cottage industry owners make the mistake of thinking they make good money when in fact, after everything is taken into account, they would earn more money flipping burgers!

Hmm, you mean you're not counting the hours you spend on running your business now?

Many cottage industry owners make the mistake of thinking they make good money when in fact, after everything is taken into account, they would earn more money flipping burgers!

Per hour in this business I would estimate I earn over £1,000 an hour for actual work done, which is why I expect to be compensated £50 an hour for any additional time lazy tenants of mine want me to put aside for them.

Guest Winners and Losers

Per hour in this business I would estimate I earn over £1,000 an hour for actual work done, which is why I expect to be compensated £50 an hour for any additional time lazy tenants of mine want me to put aside for them.

Jesus, why don't you just monopolise the entire all about renting forum ffs. :rolleyes:

if you earn £1000 p/h for actual work done, why are you quibbling over having to do a few extra things? though i guess if you told your tenants they had to pay you extra if they needed to ask you a question, they probably would either never bother you or move out.

greed really is not an attractive trait in a person...

if you earn £1000 p/h for actual work done, why are you quibbling over having to do a few extra things? though i guess if you told your tenants they had to pay you extra if they needed to ask you a question, they probably would either never bother you or move out.

greed really is not an attractive trait in a person...

My spare time is valuable to me & the point of the excercise would be to get the tenants to work things out rather than ask me stupid questions.

My spare time is valuable to me & the point of the excercise would be to get the tenants to work things out rather than ask me stupid questions.

I refer you to your earlier reply on a different thread:

"Yes, we get our LL in to do menial jobs too.........."

"That willingness to get off his **** is why he's making the money & you're not."

It's your ability to work hard and give a good service to your tenants that got you this far. Don't blow it now by coming over all churlish with them just because they don't know how to flush their own toilets...

I refer you to your earlier reply on a different thread:

"Yes, we get our LL in to do menial jobs too.........."

"That willingness to get off his **** is why he's making the money & you're not."

It's your ability to work hard and give a good service to your tenants that got you this far. Don't blow it now by coming over all churlish with them just because they don't know how to flush their own toilets...

These aren't my tenants. This is an internet forum where my alter-ego can rein supreme!

:D

These aren't my tenants. This is an internet forum where my alter-ego can rein supreme!

It's probably displacement activity. You behave calmly and reasonably with your tenants, then come away frustrated that you didn't tell them to change their own frigging lightbulbs. So instead you come on here and bully a few virtual tenants to get the bile out of your system.

It's certainly cheaper than going to a therapist... :P

Edited by Magpie

Guest Winners and Losers

This is an internet forum where my alter-ego can rein supreme!

:D

You are certainly not alone there! :rolleyes:

TTRTT I agree...

However it must work both ways. Landlords must be charged the same rate. eg for attempting to recover desposits, lack of maintainence etc.

If that happened sadly the landords would be bankrupt .... no maybe not such a good idea.

TTRTT I agree...

However it must work both ways. Landlords must be charged the same rate. eg for attempting to recover desposits, lack of maintainence etc.

If that happened sadly the landords would be bankrupt .... no maybe not such a good idea.

Yes but tenants aren't professionals, so their charge would be minimum wage.