House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Redtony

Bloomberg Gold Article

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=100...PCQ&refer=japan

"`The sell-off hasn't finished yet,'' said Alan Mandel, head trader at Alan M Trading Co. in New York. ``I wouldn't be surprised to see it go under $600, and then stay there a while before there's a resumption of another dramatic move higher.''

Gold for June delivery rose 20 cents to $657.70 on the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange. Futures dropped to $636.80, shedding as much as $20.70 during the session on speculation prices have to decline further to attract new buyers.

In London, gold for immediate delivery fell $2.70 to $654.90, after earlier dropping as low as $637.55. Before today, the metal had gained 56 percent in the past year.

Gold may fall to $575, said Tom O'Brien, editor of the Gold Report. ``Gold wants to build another floor like the floor we had for two and half years, but then it will go higher,'' O'Brien said."

This is pretty much my outlook. I'll be watching for a base after August, if my outlook is correct, before buying more gold. I'm watching the downward action - to perhaps give clues to if / where / how high we will go upon a rebound.

we've still got a bit of correction to go through IMO.....I don't think $575 is on the cards,it's building up too much momentum,but $620-650 range for the next couple of months would be very healthy.The longer it consolidates,the better the chances of a BIG breakout.

same with commodities as a whole,still have a bit further down to go,copper is a good one.

long term trend suggests $6000/ton is fair value.....when we get there is anybody's guess,but it might be because of increased supply,rather than lack of demand,which is a better scenario for the commie-based stocks.

What !! Now its back up to $673 - ARRGG still not buying yet, to risky! Hope im right :unsure:

Gold is inherently risky - liquid, volatile, speculative. It'll never lose all its value (barring the development of alchemy), but you could always lose the majority - hence the rule of thumb of 5-10% of your portfolio in gold.