House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dog

Truth And Reconcilliation Commission

The housing market has been losing flight feathers for two years. Within the last 10 days however both wings have been shot off. In due course we will discover that many prospective house buyers withdrew their offers last weekend and many more will do so by next weekend. Stock market slides and stories of 1 million bancrupcies is bringing sanity back to the world of property.

I would now like to set up a truth and reconcilliation commission. The purpose of this to bring all the bulls back into the centre of our community. For this scheme to work however the bulls publicly acknowledge the error of their ways.

Can I ask all the bulls out there to take this opportunity to becom born again HPC members. All they have to do is post the following message:

1. I was a stupid bull for ....... years

2. I now accept that I was a complete tw*t for thinking that house prices could rise for ever.

3. I now realise that I was soft in the head for believing tripe pushed out by vested interests.

4. I now realise that beardom is the one and only true faith.

5. I apologise to the bears for doubting the wisdom of their message.

6. I now believe that house prices will fall by .......% over the next five years (a big number is recommended)

Sorry but this scheme is not open to parents who have talked their children into buying. Some crimes crimes are just too serious to forgive.

The housing market has been losing flight feathers for two years. Within the last 10 days however both wings have been shot off. In due course we will discover that many prospective house buyers withdrew their offers last weekend and many more will do so by next weekend. Stock market slides and stories of 1 million bancrupcies is bringing sanity back to the world of property.

I would now like to set up a truth and reconcilliation commission. The purpose of this to bring all the bulls back into the centre of our community. For this scheme to work however the bulls publicly acknowledge the error of their ways.

Can I ask all the bulls out there to take this opportunity to becom born again HPC members. All they have to do is post the following message:

2. I now accept that I was a complete tw*t for thinking that house prices could rise for ever.

3. I now realise that I was soft in the head for believing tripe pushed out by vested interests.

6. I now believe that house prices will fall by .......% over the next five years (a big number is recommended)

Sorry but this scheme is not open to parents who have talked their children into buying. Some crimes crimes are just too serious to forgive.

We bears also have to acknowledge some errors...we thought the market was stuffed in mid-2005, but we did not realise that Brown's stooges on the MPC would be stupid enough to vote for a rate cut, and we did not realise that the public would buy the "first of many" line hook, line and sinker. I admit I called it wrong but I'm calling it now at it's going to be bigger and stinkier than I had previously imagined.

I have been accused of being a bull but it was in a kangaroo court - here! I have never been a bull. I am able to confess to plenty of other misdemeanours but never that. Observing that house prices are rising and noting that there is nothing on the horizon to stop them does not, in my humble submission, make you a bull.

This is a bit of a contentious one. If you look at a chart of house prices going back - what would be a fair period? let's pick on 200 years for the sake of argument - it would appear that whilst the market may have short term ups and downs, generally the statement that house prices rise forever is, in fact, TRUE.

I have never believed tripe pushed out by vested interests - not on here and not in the world that exists outside here.

Refer to Item 2. Taking a long term view, beardom is clearly a false prophet.

I apologise to Dogbox. I believe he parted with his BTL portfolio partly as a result of the endless ear-bashing he got on this site. A humble apology actually - he should have stayed in the market.

I now believe that, if house prices fall, it will only be by a very nominal amount and, within 5 years, they will have recovered and be on the way up.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Edited by Marina

A bit too early to call this I'm afraid. Your war isn't over, house aren't crashing and show absolutely no indication of crashing. IRs in the Uk aren't even in danger of being raised despite all the garbage talked on here.

I'm afraid this post just shows how desperately deluded you really are. I will remind you of this post at Xmas, when IRs will still be at 4.5% and the economy continues to tick along nicely and house prices are at the same level they are now.

You are all losing the plot, just because the stockmarkets around the world have had a correction, you seem to think the day of resurrection has come. You are all in for a very, very long wait. In two years time this site will have disappeared as there will have been no house price crash and people will have realised the fallacy of the so called guru's on here.

I can hardly be bothered to debate it here any longer. I am more than happy to wait for events to prove me right or wrong.

A bit too early to call this I'm afraid. Your war isn't over, house aren't crashing and show absolutely no indication of crashing. IRs in the Uk aren't even in danger of being raised despite all the garbage talked on here.

I'm afraid this post just shows how desperately deluded you really are. I will remind you of this post at Xmas, when IRs will still be at 4.5% and the economy continues to tick along nicely and house prices are at the same level they are now.

You are all losing the plot, just because the stockmarkets around the world have had a correction, you seem to think the day of resurrection has come. You are all in for a very, very long wait. In two years time this site will have disappeared as there will have been no house price crash and people will have realised the fallacy of the so called guru's on here.

I can hardly be bothered to debate it here any longer. I am more than happy to wait for events to prove me right or wrong.

IMupNorth

Marina was the first to sign pledge. Why don't you become number two. I know it is not easy but you will feel better for it.

Note to other HPC members

This is difficult moment for IMupNorth and other bulls so please; no sniggering!

Prices arent crashing - but if you were up north where I am - there is are houses sitting for well over a year.

Its not a crash, but the bull is well and truely dead.

I believe interest rates will rise and that this will prevent "irrational exhuberance" (ie bulls/speculators).

Prices are now too high for both the BTL and FTB brigade. Add rising oil prices, local taxation and increased unemployment....

I wouldnt call a crash...but I wouldnt rule one out either.

Guest Riser

You are joking, right !! or do you really not understand what the money markets are telling you ??

The markets are already pricing in a 0.25% increase in August and a further 0.25% hike around November.

Its not hard to find news about rates going up here is one from Todays Times:

Home loan rates heading higher

Philip Williamson, chief executive of Nationwide building society, one of Britain’s biggest lenders, said that life could soon get even more difficult for homeowners if, as expected, the next move in rates is up.

Williamson said: “The money markets clearly expect the next rate move to be up. My gut feeling is that they are right and that the change could come later this summer.”..