House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
delboypass

Asylum Seekers

1/ Firstly they dont know how many there are.

2/ Secondly they are NOT actively seeking to throw them out

3/ Then the people handing out passports are sleeping with the pretty people to give them passports

4/ FAILED asylum seekers are getting £3000 and flights paid - when they get back to their home countries nothing to stop them coming back to the UK the same day - this also includes asylum seekers who have commited minor offences.

HOW HARD IS IT TO SAY NO

Stick them on a plane and tell them if they come back, they will be jailed for life.

Also add some deterents to stop others doing it like a flogging or arrest and imprison them like America does.

This issue is starting to really grate as my tax money is being squandered over and over again!

Edited by delboypass

3/ Then the people handing out passports are sleeping with the pretty people to give them passports

4/ FAILED asylum seekers are getting £3000 and flights paid - when they get back to their home countries nothing to stop them coming back to the UK the same day - this also includes asylum seekers who have commited minor offences.

HOW HARD IS IT TO SAY NO

Stick them on a plane and tell them if they come back, they will be jailed for life.

Also add some deterents to stop others doing it like a flogging or arrest and imprison them like America does.

This issue is starting to really grate as my tax money is being squandered over and over again!

I'm all for letting the genuine ones in...but if you really are fleeing persecution, you should have no problem with staying in a holding camp while your claim is investigated.

And if you've passed through several other EU countries to get specifically to the UK, you can sling your hook. Anyone who doesn't stop in the first safe country they reach is clearly an economic migrant.

Yes, does kind of make you wonder whether a complete 'open door' (which we seem to have in all but name) policy but with a blanket refusal of all benefits to any non-uk born person (or maybe without x years of NI/tax contributions) might be a lot cheaper option - as well as saving benefits we could sack the home office.

Anyway, number 5 to add to the list:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5003876.stm

I'm all for letting the genuine ones in...

Same here, but we don't see too many people fleeing for their lives from France, Belgium, Holland, Norway and Iceland. It's hard to see how anyone else could be considered a genuine 'asylum seeker' if they travelled to the UK rather than to the nearest safe country... even from those countries, they had plenty of other choices.

with a blanket refusal of all benefits to any non-uk born person

Impossible: it would only take a few TV news programs showing immigrants starving in the street before 'public opinion' overturned any such laws. It's easy to be 'compassionate' with other people's money.

If you stick people in prison, they cost an average of £35-37K per annum so that's not good for taxes.

A more imaginative approach would be mandatory conscription. Let's say 5 years with Her Majesty's best, serving in Iraq or Afganistan for instance. This would be handy as many of them come from these areas so they have local knowledge and speak the language. It also enables them to sort out their own destiny without risking the lives of those people born thousands of miles away and who have no connection or moral responsibility.

Can't see this helping house prices much though as it is the legal immigrants that are increasing demand on a huge scale. The tide will turn at some point when the eastern economies grow to reasonable levels and the UK is in recession.

Edited by ciderpunk

If you stick people prison, they cost an average of £35-37K per annum so that's not good for taxes.

Barbed wire and log cabins on Salisbury Plain won't cost much... and it will give the army something to do when they're not invading third-world nations.

A more imaginative approach would be mandatory conscription. Let's say 5 years with Her Majesty's best, serving in Iraq or Afganistan for instance.

Not such a bad idea, except that we don't have much need for a larger army unless we're going to get back into the empire business.

If you stick people prison, they cost an average of £35-37K per annum so that's not good for taxes.

A more imaginative approach would be mandatory conscription. Let's say 5 years with Her Majesty's best, serving in Iraq or Afganistan for instance. This would be handy as many of them come from these areas so they have local knowledge and speak the language.

Would you not consider this to be an ideal area for terrorists to breach the defences.

Searching questions & background research are hardly strong points at the moment are they.

Were this to improve beyond reproach, earning the Queens shilling is an excellent concept IMHO.

And if you've passed through several other EU countries to get specifically to the UK, you can sling your hook. Anyone who doesn't stop in the first safe country they reach is clearly an economic migrant.

Well that's great in principle but the authorities don't seem to enforce it. Take the infamous Afghan plane hijackers. They landed in Moscow first before heading for the 'asylum' seeking paradise known as the UK. Clearly the Russians didn't offer a suitable standard of living or provide a sufficiently loop-hole ridden legal system.

HOW HARD IS IT TO SAY NO

Hi delboypass....can you please show me where you got that 3000 pounds claim from. The source that is. Also, what is the relevance of this thread / post to house prices (this specific post, not immigration in general?).

thanks, i would be very keen to see the source for your claim.

Hi delboypass....can you please show me where you got that 3000 pounds claim from. The source that is. Also, what is the relevance of this thread / post to house prices (this specific post, not immigration in general?).

It was written on the front of a newspaper this morning. Didnt see which one as by that time i was thoroughly disgusted

THe headline was 'immigrant crisis' - i thought it would be about sex for passports but was about 79 failed asylum seekers who then applied for the government hand out of £3000 and free plane tickets home.

The article then stated that the HO had no policy in place to stop them jumping on a plane coming back the same day and doing exactly the same thing again and again!

Already cost us £200,000 but should run into millions later this year.

Great idea - your an illegal aslyum seeker in UK fleeing from your home country but need a holiday back there, pick up the £3000 on hte way out and treat yourself ;-)) then come back once your broke and need your free house back!

Edited by delboypass

Great idea - your an illegal aslyum seeker in UK fleeing from your home country but need a holiday back there, pick up the £3000 on hte way out and treat yourself ;-)) then come back once your broke and need your free house back!

Why would they wait until they were broke to do it again? I'd be straight back if I were them!

can you please show me where you got that 3000 pounds claim from. The source that is.

You say 'claim' as if it dubious in some way. Don't you believe it ? There is indeed a Home Office scheme that pays £3000 to those asylum seekers that wish to be voluntarily repatriated (under certain terms and conditions). Similar 'assisted voluntary return' schemes have been in existance for a number of years - it is cheaper to offer the carrot than to use the stick. As for sources, this has been extensively covered in all the national media but you should probably ask the Home Office directly given your apparent depth of skepticism.

Personally, I don't think this has too much to do with house prices, although it could be argued that the money could be spent on housing stock (for instance) or that the bounty is only encouraging illegal immigration (which increases demand for housing).

:rolleyes:

(for instance) or that the cbounty is only encouraging illegal immigration (which increases demand for housing).

i would arguer that immigrants kicked off the need for BTL as it provided tennants and forget about 120k p.a as Blair tell us all, it's more like 500,000 p.a i'll tell you.

MarkG

Impossible: it would only take a few TV news programs showing immigrants starving in the street before 'public opinion' overturned any such laws. It's easy to be 'compassionate' with other people's money

But we are already seeing the effects as people are dieing in our hospitals and our own people being cold and hungry and on the streets whilst immigrants leap frog the queue.

My guess is come a good old recession people will fight to keep british jobs for the british and few will want to feed the world, get a depression and you will see blood on the streets

Edited by Justice

You say 'claim' as if it dubious in some way. Don't you believe it ? There is indeed a Home Office scheme that pays £3000 to those asylum seekers that wish to be voluntarily repatriated (under certain terms and conditions). Similar 'assisted voluntary return' schemes have been in existance for a number of years - it is cheaper to offer the carrot than to use the stick. As for sources, this has been extensively covered in all the national media but you should probably ask the Home Office directly given your apparent depth of skepticism.

Personally, I don't think this has too much to do with house prices, although it could be argued that the money could be spent on housing stock (for instance) or that the bounty is only encouraging illegal immigration (which increases demand for housing).

In relation to the use of the word claim then that seems to me to be fair enough. I can 'claim' I am a little green man from the planet thong but without proof that is all it is. I merely asked the poster to provide proof for their claim and I did not say that the claim was either (in)/correct.

They should implement some scheme where native Britons are given £3000 for every illegal immigrant they hunt down and hand over to the authorities, using whatever means necessary. There are a lot of unemployed people who would jump at the chance to do a job like this, it would cut down on the benefits claimants, and it would act as an incentive for illegals to repatriate themselves voluntarily.

They should implement some scheme where native Britons are given £3000 for every illegal immigrant they hunt down and hand over to the authorities, using whatever means necessary. There are a lot of unemployed people who would jump at the chance to do a job like this, it would cut down on the benefits claimants, and it would act as an incentive for illegals to repatriate themselves voluntarily.

There is something like this already cept for chicks in bikinis.

Asylum seekers are a red herring, they're merely a drop in the ocean of economic migrants who are granted citizenship and just sponge off the system. What we need is a political party with the balls to revoke the citizenship of 3rd world migrants who are either economically inactive or have had any involvement in illegal activities. Pigs might fly...

We should just send them home irrespective of whether they've committed a crime or been economically inactive. The simple fact is that we cannot afford for them to be here.

Even the working migrants have a negative social & economic effect. They work for very low wages displacing indiginous workers, either forcing wages in general down, or causing benefits claims to go up. If wages go down there is less tax revenue meaning there is even less money. If benefits payments go up then tax revenue is gobbled up & there is even less money (particularly when you get umpteen million NEW claimants who have never, nor will ever contribute, & umpteen million on minimum wages). Then we need to support their families with education, health, etc, etc - all needing more money.

So either taxes go up (& consequently you get fined for spurious crimes such as putting food in the cardboard bin), or services get worse, or cease to exist (the NHS for example).

Everyone tightens their belts, theres less money in circulation, the economy suffers, companies suffer, unemployment rises & we have a recession. Crime increases dramatically, there are no funds for new Police officers because all the money went to fund key worker jobs (Director of diversity in unemployed lesbian single parents at £150K pa, etc), the UK becomes a third World shithole, & the economic migrants think "sod this, this is worse than Belgrade/Tehran/Basra/Kabul/Tirana/Algiers/Baku/Dhaka/Zagreb/Banjul/Islamabad/*fill in as appropriate*, I'm off home/to some other economically viable country* (delete as appropiate)"

They're like a plague of locusts, & T Bliar has just smothered the UK in milk & honey & shouted "come & get it!"

& as an aside to point how truly crazy this Government is, you also have immigrant Doctors coming here & having to take UNPAID work as Doctors in the hope that after a few months they'll be able to get PAID for doing the job. Truly despicable & proves what a pile of tosh the whole immigration argument about "needing to import skills" is. The Doctors & other skilled workers should be the first in line, not the bloke who wants to work in the local kebab house shaving goats hoofs for the Doner meat.

Edited by Bubble Pop Electric

Guest giove

:(

I am a bit shocked by all the comments on this thread,

Do you really think that people would be better abroad that in their own country??? Do you really think that people come here to scrounge your money??!??!

well look at your nike shoes and the tank of your car and realize that this wealth comes in spite of other places and other people being enslaved to keep us confortable.

Why would these people work in very bad conditions in their home country when they can go to the promise land, where the rich ones are?

Next time you go to a restaurant look who is doing the shitty jobs... Do you think that the government would let so many people in if there was not a financial gain from it?

Now they are even f*cking the pretty ones, basically we are explotiing them to the bone and we even complain about it.

Well the story ends like this, there is no restaurant you go eat and leave without paying the bill!

anti.

Do you really think that people would be better abroad that in their own country??? Do you really think that people come here to scrounge your money??!??!

well look at your nike shoes and the tank of your car and realize that this wealth comes in spite of other places and other people being enslaved to keep us confortable.

Why would these people work in very bad conditions in their home country when they can go to the promise land, where the rich ones are?

Next time you go to a restaurant look who is doing the shitty jobs... Do you think that the government would let so many people in if there was not a financial gain from it?

Now they are even f*cking the pretty ones, basically we are explotiing them to the bone and we even complain about it.

Well the story ends like this, there is no restaurant you go eat and leave without paying the bill!

anti.

no, no and no. and maybe another no.

"Do you think that the government would let so many people in if there was not a financial gain from it?"

They will do whatever financially benefits *themselves* for the next 4 years - nothing else.

What does immigration do to help Job Bloggs?

"Do you really think that people would be better abroad that in their own country??? Do you really think that people come here to scrounge your money??!??!"

Not sure about the first bit, doesn't really make sense. On the second bit yes, I do. Seems hard to catch a train nowadays without some romanian scumbag sticking a baby in your face.

"Now they are even f*cking the pretty ones, basically we are explotiing them to the bone and we even complain about it."

Thats nonsense. A corrupt civil servant is f*cking the pretty ones. I'm not. I get no benefit from it. Why can't I complain?

Offer a country higher benefits, free housing, free nhs as well as cash in hand work, and what part of that countries population are going to arrive here?

The hard working, career minded ones - or the free-loading chancers?

If France were to offer better benefits to UK nationals than the UK, our own home grown free-loading scum would be there like a shot.

It has nothing to do with race - it has everything to do with economic migration.. The only blame for racial tensions caused by this is to be laid squarely at the feet of the labour party.

anti.

Have no idea what point you are tyring to put across here giove. Do you have a concise message?

What people on this thread are trying to express is a 2 fold situation:

1/ Firstly that our Government and accosiated offices of power have no grasp of the immigrantion problem and it is costing us all dearly in terms of taxes, social implications, housing implications, unemployment implactions, wage implications etc.

2/ Second point is that an island is segregated. We are able to increase or decrease our population within 19 years to any degree we require for growth. Because countries like China and africa prefer to pop out babies and cram their cities that is why they work for low cost. Here we have too many poeple already for our UK measured growth statistics which is why we have unemployment. Why should we take in the additional chinese and indians etc and whoever is having a fight because my god is different to your god blah blah...

Dont think so!