House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wouldliketobuy

Sellers Getting Restless

Reading on another forum...

http://hitched.co.uk/sbforum/topic.asp?topic_id=659084

it seems the market is slow in many areas. However, dropping the price is just not an option considered by most sellers. When a house has been up for 6, 12, 18 months isn't that a sign that it is time to ask for a more realistic price for your property? It also seems that the preferred option is changing EA's, not dropping the price.

This market is so hyped up, everyone is suffering, including sellers. I hope for everyones sake this madness comes to an end soon.

Reading on another forum...

http://hitched.co.uk/sbforum/topic.asp?topic_id=659084

it seems the market is slow in many areas. However, dropping the price is just not an option considered by most sellers. When a house has been up for 6, 12, 18 months isn't that a sign that it is time to ask for a more realistic price for your property? It also seems that the preferred option is changing EA's, not dropping the price.

This market is so hyped up, everyone is suffering, including sellers. I hope for everyones sake this madness comes to an end soon.

You can imagine them now: "No...because whilst we bought our 2 bedroom ex-council house for £30K its worth £170K now and we refuse to accept a penny less than whats its worth."

You can imagine them now: "No...because whilst we bought our 2 bedroom ex-council house for £30K its worth £170K now and we refuse to accept a penny less than whats its worth."

I'm sure many of them consider the last valuation, or even whatever price they've come up with by whatever strange means, "money in the bank" rather than an investment that can go down, as well as up.

Billy Shears

As long as the BBC continue to tell the market prices are gathering steam and headed upwards the sheeple will believe it.

The problem is that reality will soon overtake BBC propaganda and the sheeple will be forced to sell at market prices. Rising IR, unemployment and more bearish press will begin to erode confidence and that's when the selling will begin. IMO, the EAs will want to get the market moving and its better to sell for less and earn a commission than to try to sell for more and get nothing.

The gamble for the EAs is whether to "go public" with the growing Bear market or continue to ramp and hope reality catches up.

I've just had a look at the brochure, and it looks like exactly the sort of three story town house, OK this one is on the end and a "semi" but there seem to be just a few feet of gap to the next house, that are resolutely refusing to sell round my way.

Billy Shears

From the link, I love this reply.....

We were told by numerous folks that the market will pick up in the Spring....we had more people round in January than in the last couple of months!

Guest Winners and Losers

However, dropping the price is just not an option considered by most sellers.

YET.

I'm loving watching the whole thing unfold. Did someone say forced sellers? ;)

Hrm, tidy rooms, good pictures, a trimmed garden... hrm, what could it be?

From the link, I love this reply.....

We were told by numerous folks that the market will pick up in the Spring....we had more people round in January than in the last couple of months!

God damn fortune tellers.

I'm loving watching the whole thing unfold. Did someone say forced sellers? ;)

They remain unmoved, ahem.

Guest Winners and Losers

Hrm, tidy rooms, good pictures, a trimmed garden... hrm, what could it be?

God damn fortune tellers.

They remain unmoved, ahem.

Well, I did say YET. :rolleyes: Picky, picky.

this is actually very close to the truth of it.

my old ongoing anecdotal about my mates mum and here ex LA house she bought for £45k, on for £140k - no viewings. now £120k with.....no viewings. i said last year after no takers at the £140k mark -"why dont you lower the price ?"

"oh - im not giving it away"

and i thought. well good luck because im not giving my hard earned savings away either...its a standoff. thing is - they are in debt. im not. i dont HAVE to own a house. they HAVE to settle their debts.

they are now struggling on a 40k bridging loan. refusing to list for any less than £120k with no takers and a growing debt burden. plus they are older, so time is NOT on their side on this. they cant wait this out.

i think they will break first.

my current advice to her. list for £105k and get shut of it - fast. settle the debt and take the £40k profit and count yourselves lucky...

but we will see. a shame since i know her well being a friends mum, but wowsers. the greed is rife among that generation as regards house prices. she has no idea how someone in a bum northern town is going to pull a £140k mortgage out of a 17k salary. she only ever worked at asda and her husband drove a van. now youd have to be a solicitor to afoord their home. (all within the space of 36 months).

strange times.

btw: comet is due this thursday. many parts broken off....heading into our path.

not good news.

Hrm, no need to worry about climate change then, I'll go for the V6 then :D Anyway, weren't we all meant to be killed off by Bird Flu/SARS/vCJD/MTV by now?

btw: comet is due this thursday. many parts broken off....heading into our path.

not good news.

i think you misunderstood me. i meant comet had delivered a broken fridge today. they are coming back on thursday. there were many parts broken off as they dragged the castors on the front path. muppets.

i cant see why that made you so morbid.?

i mean. it was covered by their no quibble delivery policy.

Hrm, no need to worry about climate change then, I'll go for the V6 then :D Anyway, weren't we all meant to be killed off by Bird Flu/SARS/vCJD/MTV by now?

Death by post whoring is the lastest killer I hear.

Guest Winners and Losers

Death by post whoring is the lastest killer I hear.

You won't have long left then. :rolleyes:

Tut, there you go again with your anti consensus, even non PC views again.

Yup, the V6, or to really shove it in their faces the V12 Murcielago.

No good for me though, can't get the weekly shopping in.

You won't have long left then. :rolleyes:

Some of us have been vaccinated, and I should know I work in emergency frontline post whore offices ffs. :rolleyes:

Guest Winners and Losers

Some of us have been vaccinated, and I should know I work in emergency frontline post whore offices ffs. :rolleyes:

Did they recruit you on account of your signifcant experience? FFS. :rolleyes:

Tut, there you go again with your anti consensus, even non PC views again.

Do you want me to fly to Norway and club some seals or something? Would that make things better :rolleyes:

The car you mentioned has difficulties with parking :-

murcielago.JPG

Death by killing yourself stupidly is the latest killer actually. I don't know why I said that.

My notebook is roasting my nuts, that's partly killing me, stupidly.

Do you want me to fly to Norway and club some seals or something? Would that make things better :rolleyes:

The car you mentioned has difficulties with parking :-

murcielago.JPG

My notebook is roasting my nuts, that's partly killing me, stupidly.

I dunno, is Gordon putting slow grilled seal with hazelnut stuffing on the menu?

Now that driver didn't practise using a British Standard issue single garage. Mind, Mrs. Mushroom has that problem with my car.

Some would pay to have their nuts roasted. Especially by Gordon.