House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eurows

Bradford And Bingley To Start Adverse Credit Mortgages

I spoke to a friend whos wife is high up at Bradford and Bingley and they had a meeting recently about relaxing their lending criteria to allow ccj's.

Considering B&B are quite strict lenders this seems quite a move.

I think the lending is drying up.

Considering B&B are quite strict lenders this seems quite a move.

really?

i was under the impression that B&B was quite a high risk organisation with high exposure to BTL

they bought a loan book from GMAC - i bet the septics were glad to dump it on them. :P

Nationwide announced last week they are going to see if they can get more sub-prime business--and yes, also CCJs. Things are getting very desparate indeed. :D

Nationwide announced last week they are going to see if they can get more sub-prime business--and yes, also CCJs. Things are getting very desparate indeed. :D

Anyone got any figures on how many people taking on subprime mortgages get repossessed compared to the global average?

It does sound like a recipe for disaster. People who have been shown to be unable to manage their finances being given expensive mortgages.

Billy Shears

This ties in with my question the other day about whether Banks and Building Societies would tighten up their lending criteria if interest rates rise. I only had one reponse but from reading about this kind of desperate lending I now have an answer.

It beggars belief that they would look to this sector to flog mortgages. I guess they've done the maths and figure that if they charge a certain rate and cover their ass with a suitable deposit, they can exploit this sector to deliver a profit.

There's no consideration of the morality of doing this, i.e. the misery that will result from reposessions, lost deposits etc.

http://www.ifaonline.co.uk/public/showPage.html?page=329570

Nationwide considering sub-prime mortgages – 19th May Friday 19th May 2006: 09:54
By Matthew West BRITAIN’S BIGGEST building society, Nationwide, is considering offering mortgages to people with credit problems as part of a planned push aimed at regaining its position of strength in the home loans market, reports the Guardian.

:o