House Price Crash Forum

Gold Still Going Down

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

Not that I'm an expert but when I read a few weeks ago (on here no less..) all the investor-types shouting "Buy gold!!" I posted to the effect 'surely it's too late if it's being shouted about?'

Surely we've learnt through our experience of property that you shouldn't buy at the top! Glad I didn't listen to the Doctor..

HOLA444

Not that I'm an expert but when I read a few weeks ago (on here no less..) all the investor-types shouting "Buy gold!!" I posted to the effect 'surely it's too late if it's being shouted about?'

Surely we've learnt through our experience of property that you shouldn't buy at the top! Glad I didn't listen to the Doctor..

After watching it rise for 6 months and not having the bottle to buy I finally shifted a large ammount of cash into my Gold Bullion account a in preperation to grab a few ounces, even though I was nervous about it being at a peak. As soon as the money appeared it started heading down in price.

Says it all really!

I hope to buy in when it stops heading downwards.

:blink:

Edited by devslim

HOLA445

I hope to buy in when it stops heading downwards.

I sold last night and banked the money. Made a couple of grand on a £5K investment.

Hard to say how much of a downswing gold is having really, but it looked ominous to me so I sold.

HOLA446
HOLA447

I sold last night and banked the money. Made a couple of grand on a £5K investment.

Hard to say how much of a downswing gold is having really, but it looked ominous to me so I sold.

Warwickshire Lad - I thought you were a priced-out first-time buyer, yet here you are gambling thousands on gold. Are you really just another loaded STR? If not, wouldn't your money be better spent buying a house?

HOLA448
HOLA449

This correction has been anticipated for weeks. It is quite to be expected and is in any case normal for the summer. You have the seasonal fall and a defrothing superimposed, so it looks a lot. In fact it is only correcting back by a few weeks' of rise.

This is probably not a good time to sell. Gold's time will come and the next rise will probably take it through a thousand. You might want to listen to the latest Financial Sense Third Hour before divesting of all your gold.

I will watch it for a few more days and then maybe think of watching to buy.

HOLA4410

Warwickshire Lad - I thought you were a priced-out first-time buyer, yet here you are gambling thousands on gold. Are you really just another loaded STR? If not, wouldn't your money be better spent buying a house?

£5k doesn't get you anywhere when it comes to property. I've got £13k in gold - yet i'm still priced out.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I'm guessing the speculative money is running scared. I'm hoping to buy in at $500, but doubt it will drop that far.

I was thinking of $550 to buy in.

Until the Fed gets a real grip on inflation, and the markets are convinced of it's intent, the longterm outlook for gold is still up IMO

Edited by jp1

HOLA4414
Guest Riser

Buying a house at the moment is probably more of a gamble than buying gold, Warwickshire Lad is just playing it safe.

HOLA4415

Buying a house at the moment is probably more of a gamble than buying gold, Warwickshire Lad is just playing it safe.

So people on here aren't really priced-out first-time buyers? They could buy if they wanted to. This is interesting.

Priced out first-time buyers have no comrades here.

Edited by THE MILLION DOLLAR MAN

HOLA4416

So people on here aren't really priced-out first-time buyers. They are people who want to buy bars of gold instead of a place to live. Interesting.

If I'm wrong, I apologise in advance, but having read all the posts...

AWOOGA!

:lol:

HOLA4417

So people on here aren't really priced-out first-time buyers. They are people who want to buy bars of gold instead of a place to live. Interesting.

I, like many others here, are priced out. Price out in that I will not get a mortgage that takes up 70+% of my take home pay to live in a very poor property. I have a deposit, which I have saved very hard for, like many others, and shall invest that so it increases further - call it an 'opportunity cost'!

HOLA4418
Guest Riser

Of course they want to buy property, they are just not prepared to pay prices 40% over the odds just to feather the nests of an older generation who have allowed the government to screw the young and sacrifice the future prosperity of this country for their own short term political goals.

HOLA4419

So people on here aren't really priced-out first-time buyers? They could buy if they wanted to. This is interesting.

No, I think they are people who think that buying a house today would be financial suicide.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Until the Fed gets a real grip on inflation, and the markets are convinced of it's intent, the longterm outlook for gold is still up IMO

Agreed. But there's been a lot of speculation in the market recently.

So people on here aren't really priced-out first-time buyers.

Absolutely. I could 'afford' to take out a 200k mortgage to buy a cardboard box that sold for 50p five years ago, therefore I'm not priced out.

Yeah, right... so long as we can get a lie-to-buy 10x income mortgage to buy the crappest possible property anywhere in the country, we're not 'priced out'. Get real.

HOLA4422

I, like many others here, are priced out. Price out in that I will not get a mortgage that takes up 70+% of my take home pay to live in a very poor property. I have a deposit, which I have saved very hard for, like many others, and shall invest that so it increases further - call it an 'opportunity cost'!

So actually, none of you are priced out, are you?

Is this why some people went off and started their own "Priced Out" website?

HOLA4423
Guest The_Oldie

So actually, none of you are priced out, are you?

Is this why some people went off and started their own "Priced Out" website?

Good afternoon MONKEY <_<.

HOLA4424

Good afternoon MONKEY <_<.

Good afternoon to you OLDIE. The man who, as soon as he adopted his current username, became a moderator and has never told anybody which name he used to post under.

Being a former moderator of this site myself, I know that your outing of me is nothing clever but merely the result of clicking on "IP search" in your little moderators box of tools.

I thought I'd register under a new name as my posting rights as The Monkey were taken away, and my profile and signature edited, all without reason, despite repeated requests for a reason to be given.

And all this happened after I made a post in which I pointed out that, after 16 months of house price falls, the house price crash bottomed out in October and that prices have been rising ever since. This is both true and relevant to house prices so an explanation would be nice.

Regards

The Monkey

Edited by THE MILLION DOLLAR MAN

HOLA4425
Guest The_Oldie

Good afternoon to you OLDIE. The man who, as soon as he adopted his current username, became a moderator and has never told anybody which name he used to post under.

Being a former moderator of this site myself, I know that your outing of me is nothing clever but merely the result of clicking on "IP search" in your little moderators box of tools.

I thought I'd register under a new name as my posting rights as The Monkey were taken away, and my profile and signature edited, all without reason, despite repeated requests for a reason to be given.

And all this happened after I made a post in which I pointed out that, after 16 months of house price falls, the house price crash bottomed out in October and that prices have been rising ever since. This is both true and relevant to house prices so an explanation would be nice.

Regards

The Monkey

You said you were going to rest in peace until next fools day :rolleyes:.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...opic=27132&st=0