House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wrongmove

More Fun In The Markets Today ?

Guest wrongmove

The Nikkei is was down 2% last night, the main Indian index is down 7% today, after dropping 7% on Thursday and 4% on Friday. Hong Kong stocks falling too. Commodities are also down this morning, even gold is under $650. The odd thing is that the dollar is up, whereas lasts weeks selling was stated to be due to a falling dollar squeezing exporters?

Any predictions for this week, and how a continuing equity and commodity sell off may affect HPs in UK ?

Edited to add: Indian stocks now down over 10% ! And it's only midday in Mumbai (Bombay)

(Indian indices)

Edited by wrongmove

The Nikkei is was down 2% last night, the main Indian index is down 7% today, after dropping 7% on Thursday and 4% on Friday. Hong Kong stocks falling too. Commodities are also down this morning, even gold is under $650. The odd thing is that the dollar is up, whereas lasts weeks selling was stated to be due to a falling dollar squeezing exporters?

Any predictions for this week, and how a continuing equity and commodity sell off may affect HPs in UK ?

Edited to add: Indian stocks now down over 10% ! And it's only midday in Mumbai (Bombay)

(Indian indices)

[/EA MODE ON] With the stengthening Dollar we can only see MASSIVE gains on the stock market for the foreseeable future. We expect rises of 40-50% over the next few weeks. You need to buy soon or you will miss the boat. [/EA MODE OFF]

They're f*cked!!! :lol:

TB

Oh alright, if I must: Up up & away!!

But seriously, my rough observations note many weaker currencies & a stronger USD & GBP last week. Could this be capital being withdrawn from international markets & pulled back to USD & GBP as another poster mentioned last week?

Guest wrongmove

Oh alright, if I must: Up up & away!!

Well, in "real money", your properties are up over 10% in the last few days !! :o

But seriously, my rough observations note many weaker currencies & a stronger USD & GBP last week. Could this be capital being withdrawn from international markets & pulled back to USD & GBP as another poster mentioned last week?

This seems to be the case. Where will that money go though? Stocks, property or cash? Cash has been unfashionable for a while now, but with rising IRs and falling earnings outlook, maybe cash is due its day in the sun.

Well, in "real money", your properties are up over 10% in the last few days !! :o

I'm planning to re-roof in gold soon & to rewire in silver!

This seems to be the case. Where will that money go though? Stocks, property or cash? Cash has been unfashionable for a while now, but with rising IRs and falling earnings outlook, maybe cash is due its day in the sun.

If I were a bear I'd say the cash was for cancelling debt.

Guest wrongmove

I'm planning to re-roof in gold soon & to rewire in silver!

The new roof is a good idea, but forget the rewiring. Copper is up much much more than silver or gold. :P

Indian stock exchanges halt trade after 10% fall:

http://news.ft.com/cms/s/03c750ce-e95f-11d...00779e2340.html

India’s main stock exchanges halted trading on Monday after shares fell more than 10 percent as brokers dumped stocks held on clients behalf to cover margin requirements.

Margin lending! There's a lot of that to repay these days.

A particularly valid reason for markets to crash when under the threat of higher IR's.

Guest wrongmove

Indian stock exchanges halt trade after 10% fall:

http://news.ft.com/cms/s/03c750ce-e95f-11d...00779e2340.html

I noticed the index had gone flat - I thought they had gone for lunch !

The SENSEX was the most overpriced emerging index, but it has now officially crashed, losing over 20% in 3 days (-10% = correction, -20% = crash, apparently).

FTSE has opened down too, and gold continues to fall.