House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sam

What Do You Guys Think About This

I not sure about ego, probably more lack of any kind of basic analysis. The article clearly indicates that it's fine for the housing market to be subject to irrational upward swings, yet market forces can't work in the opposite direction. House price inflation good - inflation of other goods and services bad. I guess all such articles are written by journalists who don’t give any great thought to received ‘wisdom’. I know the property corresponded in the Belfast Telegraph trots out much the same such stuff. Comically, it was only last week that their were two articles by the same journalist, the first stating that ftbs should throw themselves into the market as interest rates are stable (according to Mr. so-and-so from a mortgage company.) Two pages further into the newspaper was another article saying interest rates were likely to move upwards.

We're going to see many more of these stories as the bubble bursts.

To quote Galbraith:

The man who is admired for the ingenuity of his larceny is almost always rediscovering some earlier form of fraud. The basic forms are all known, have all been practiced. The manners of capitalism improve. The morals may not.

This man has used fraud to drive up prices, I'm sure many others have done the same.

When this mass fraud is detected, this bubble will be finished.

But it's amazing how it's ok for fraud to drive up the prices, that's a good thing.

But if the consequence of removing this fraud is falling prices, that has to be a bad thing.

It just shows how crazy the whole issue has become.

Surely it's time to accept that low house prices are actually a good thing, but sadly we're going to have to go through a bust to get there.

Edited by BandWagon

I think that it's spot on to say that things like this have been going on all over the place to varying degrees.

It stinks to high heaven of course, and now the EAs in this instance want to keep the prices high.

They are beneath contempt.

To quote Galbraith:

This man has used fraud to drive up prices, I'm sure many others have done the same.

But it's amazing how it's ok for fraud to drive up the prices, that's a good thing.

But if the consequence of removing this fraud is falling prices, that has to be a bad thing.

It's all well f#$ked up!

Fraud is the only way most FTB's can get on the ladder at the moment. Some people have principles, and will not commit fraud or any other type of crime to gain. Sadly most people in the UK have no principles, Maggie Thatcher saw to that. The population of Britain has become a carictature of itself. Greedy and manipulative.

Where's it got us? People are working 80hr weeks to keep that mortgage afloat and quality of life has diminished completly - but hey! We're all paper Millionaires in a few years, so why does it matter? Money is the new religeon.

Clangnuts

People on this board have discussed what we can do to combat stupid beliefs in the population as a whole that is keeping the bubble inflated. It seems to me that posting comments on stories like these, getting letters published in the paper, etc. are ways of getting the message across. When people see articles like these where it is possible to comment, if they tell the board then perhaps we can take the opportunity to express our opinion.

The "Peter Finlayson" comment is me under a false name and location. Though I perhaps should have taken more time to think about what I was going to write before I commented. Next time.

Billy Shears

To quote Galbraith:

It just shows how crazy the whole issue has become.

Surely it's time to accept that low house prices are actually a good thing, but sadly we're going to have to go through a bust to get there.

Exactly BW

Good crime is ok in the UK as long it helps out your average man, like if a guy down the pub can get you a cheap plasma(no questions asked "cough")

But bad crime as out when it effects OUR pockets.

Crime is Crime, either have a justice system or lets live in a jungle, we cannot have both

What a load of rubbish in this article...

"We want to make sure that tenants are not outed from their homes, which could have happened in the event of all the houses being up for sale at once."

ICBW, but isn't it basically impossible to get tenants out when you buy a pre-tenanted property?

The money raised from the sale of the repossessed houses is expected to be ploughed back into community policing.

Couldn't they at least give some of it to the poor people who've paid hugely over-inflated prices due to this nonce?