House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RichM

The First Casualty Of A Housing Boom Is Innocence

'Course Mom and Dad didn't want me to post, they wanted me to be just like them - respectable, hard-working, making 5% yield year a week, a little portfolio, a family. They drove me crazy with their goddamn world, grandma, you know Mom, I don't want to be a white boy on Buy-To-Let Street, I don't want my whole life to be predetermined by them.

I guess I have always been sheltered and special, I just want to be anonymous. Like everybody else. Do my share for my country. Live up to what Grandpa did in the First Boom and Dad the Second. I know this is going to be the asset bubble of my generation. Well here I am - anonymous all right, with guys nobody really cares about - they come from the end of the line, most of 'em, small towns you never heard of - Bolton, Southampton, Derby, Bromley, Swansea, Littlehampton, Hull, Clevedon. Two years' sixth form's about it, maybe if they're lucky a job waiting for 'em back in a call centre, but most of 'em got nothing, they're poor, they're the unwanted of our society, yet they're fighting for our pyramid scam and our "financial freedom" and what we call the UK, they're the bottom of the barrel - and they know it, maybe that's why they call themselves 'FTB' cause a 'FTB' can take it, can take anything. They're the backbone of this country, grandma, the best I've ever seen, the heart and soul - I've found it finally, way down here in the forums - maybe from down here I can start up again and be something I can be proud of, without having to fake it, maybe ... I can see something I don't yet see, learn something I don't yet know ... I miss you, I miss you very much, tell Mom I miss her too - RichM.

Edited by RichM

Are you BTLing this shit so's to escape from reality? Me, I don't need this shit. I am IO reality. There's the way it ought to be, and there's the way it is. RichM was a crusader. Now, I got no fight... with any man who does what he's told. But when he don't, the IO machine breaks down. And when the IO machine breaks down, we break down. And I ain't gonna allow that... in any of you. Not one.

(couldn't resist...)

New Year's Day, 2006. Just another day. Staying debt-free. There's been a lot of movement near the Scottish border, regiments of EAs moving across and setting up. A lot of little Rosie Millard columns, Inside Track presentations, we make a lot of critical postings, then we browse through rightmove.co.uk like ghosts in a landscape...

We had to get the next day's relevant house price news on the blog before dark so we left Webmaster with some men to keep looking and to wait for the Fubra site engineers... But it was Jason who found him ... about 1000 yards out of Slough, not far from the multiplex - It was the end of the mystery. The Monkey had bought that new build 2-bed luxury apartment with granite worktop.

The developers, which had been building rabbit hutches for maybe a thousand years, didn't know we were coming that day. If they had they would have run... RealistBear was at the eye of our rage - and through him, our Captain Ahab - we would set things right again. That day we loved him...

I think now, looking back, we did not fight the Vested Interests, we fought ourselves - and the enemy was in us... The bubble is over for me now, but it will always be there - the rest of my days. As I am sure Crashoutandburned will be - fighting with TTRTR for what New Darker Law called possession of my capital... There are times since I have felt like the estate born of those two developers... but be that as it may, those of us who did make it have an obligation to build houses again, to teach to others what we know and to try with what's left of our lives to find a goodness and meaning to this life.

You all take a good look at this lump of BTL shit. Remember what it looks like. You f*ck up in a IO negotiation... and I goddamn guarantee you a trip out of the bush - in a body bag! Out here, a*sholes, you keep your sh*t wired tight at all times! And that goes for you, sh*t-for-brains. You don't sleep on no f*ckin' BTL! And the next sum'bitch I catch coppin Z's in the HPC, I'm personally gonna take an interest in seein' him suffer. I sh*t you not. Doc, tag him and bag him! He's getting a yield of less than 3%!

Day by day I struggle to maintain not only my strength but also my sanity. It's all a blur. I have no energy to enter a fixed-rate agreement. I don't know what's right or wrong anymore. The morale of the men is low, a civil war in the platoon. Half the men with RichM, half with Tahoma. There's a lot of suspicion and hate. I can't believe we're fighting each other, when we should be fighting them.

Edited by tahoma

... we been kicking other site's asses so long I guess it's time we got our own kicked. The only decent thing I can see coming out of here are the people who bought on low income multiples - hundreds of thousands of guys like you Bart of Darkness going back to every little town in the country knowing something about what it's like to buy a BTL and what that can do to a person's soul - twist it like TTRTR and Kirstie Allsopp and make 'em sick inside and if you got any brains you gonna fight it the rest of your life cause it's cheap, buy-to-letting is cheap, the cheapest thing I know and when some drunk like John Wrigglesworth starts glorifying it, you're gonna puke all over him and when the politicians start selling you a part-buy part-rent scheme all over again, you and your generation gonna say go ****** yourself 'cause you know, you've seen it, and when you know it, deep down there [punching Megaflop in the gut] you know it till you die ... that's why the solvent ones remember. 'Cause the bankrupts don't let em forget.

Guest Bart of Darkness

Quit ya jawin' youse guys, you wanna live forever?

[falls backward after being hit by crossfire from TTRTR and Bruno]