House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warwickshire Lad

Personal Accident Insurance

Several months ago, a company called Personal Accident Plus cold-called me and offered 3 months of free accident insurance, so I said OK.

This offers a £25K accidental death payout, £30/night hospitalisation, and various other payouts if you suffer loss of hearing/speech/disability etc.

Now the free period is up, the premium works out at £85 per annum and I really don't know whether that's good value or not.

I was wondering if I might be better off with a company like HSA which pays out for hospitalisation and fast-tracks treatment in private hospitals etc, and then getting a separate 'accidental death' cover.

To compare, my Dad currently pays £10/month for HSA and about £2/month for accidental death cover.

Anyone got any advice ?

I had offers such as this from my insurance people, I usually give it a bit of thought and decide against.

If you think about it as I did, you will find that the odds of finishing up in hospital for several days or more is quite low (touch wood) and nobody nowadays wants to hang around in those places contracting in house diseases. If your so inclined reserce the stats and judge whether the offers are good value

Foxy

PS is that your cat?

PS is that your cat?

I wish ! :( Unfortunately my living arrangements currently don't allow pets, although that's gonna change eventually.