House Price Crash Forum

Which Other Animals Would Fall For The "miracle Economy" And Hpi?

HOLA441

Apart from human beings, which other animals would be dumb enough to fall for the "Miracle Economy", "House prices only ever go up", and all that claptrap? Please choose the highest level organism that you think wouldn't have the brains to avoid falling for it.

Blly Shears

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
Guest Winners and Losers

We can't have TTRTR in every thread can we?

Billy Shears

True. I'm obsessed. :(

Must get over TTRTR, must get over TTRTR........

HOLA445
HOLA446

Shouldn't weasels be in there somewhere?

Perhaps HPI will lead to more and more weasels to try and make a home in the nearest trouser-leg, when previously it was only poorer animals such as ferrets who would consider doing that.

Billy Shears

HOLA447
Guest Bart of Darkness
Agent Smith: I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area, and you multiply, and multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet, you are a plague, and we are the cure.

(The Matrix, 1999)

HOLA448

Apart from human beings, which other animals would be dumb enough to fall for the "Miracle Economy", "House prices only ever go up", and all that claptrap? Please choose the highest level organism that you think wouldn't have the brains to avoid falling for it.

Blly Shears

You missed the even more obvious option Billy, LEMMINGS. Millions of sheeple all lined-up, spouting the same mantra... every single one convinced that borrowing 4 and 5 times their salaries for a house is "normal".

Go and throw yourselves off a cliff... it'll be less painful in the long run.

AF

HOLA449
Guest Winners and Losers

You missed the even more obvious option Billy, LEMMINGS. Millions of sheeple all lined-up, spouting the same mantra... every single one convinced that borrowing 4 and 5 times their salaries for a house is "normal".

Go and throw yourselves off a cliff... it'll be less painful in the long run.

AF

And what about the MUPPETS?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Blly Shears

You could liken asset bubbles to growth of microbial colonies

Lag Phase ------------- getting to grips with things after the last recession

Log Phase ------------- exponential growth (of house prices)

Stationery Phase -------- where we have been for the last 2 years

Decline Phase ------------ the crash when it comes

This happens continously, every day in every part of the world

Funny thing nature

CS

Edited by Cornwall Sceptic

HOLA4412

I have to say I have not met anyone who would say House Prices go up forever.

But I have met loads of people who have for years told me, there will be tears, and its now!!.

You have to make your own mind up on these things, for me the writing is now on the wall, its sooner rather than later.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414