House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RichM

The Horror. The Horror

I've seen horrors...horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a doom-monger. You have a right to price me out of the market. You have a right to do that... But you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror. Horror has a face...And you must make a friend of horror. Horror and financial terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies. I remember when I was a wannabe FTB... Seems a thousand centuries ago...We went into a estates agent's to look at the houses. We left the shop after we had laughed at the prices, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't buy. We went back there and they had come and sold off every overpriced flat. There they were in a pile...A pile of little "Sold subject to contract" signs. And I remember...I...I...I cried... I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out. I didn't know what I wanted to do. And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it. I never want to forget. And then I realized...like I was shot...Like I was shot with a diamond...a diamond bullet right through my forehead...And I thought: My God...the genius of that. The genius. The will to do that. Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we. Because they could stand that these were not monsters...These were men...trained sales guys...these men who sold with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love...but they had the strength...the strength...to do that. If I had ten debt advice helplines of those men our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral...and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordal instincts to sell tat without feeling...without passion... without judgement...without judgement. Because it's judgement that defeats us.

These were men...trained sales guys...these men who sold with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love...but they had the strength...the strength...to do that. If I had ten debt advice helplines of those men our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral...and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordal instincts to sell tat without feeling...without passion... without judgement...without judgement. Because it's judgement that defeats us.

I'm considering a Buy to Let investment opportunity in the Mekong River Basin area - do you have any advice?

B)

Hello RichM,

Your old nemesis here. Remember that we are all but over-evolved monkeys, instinctually driven to screw each other over. Do not fall into temptation; we shall all buy that pile of bricks someday.

Only in a couple of years, whereupon the question will be; 'have prices stopped plummetting?'

What are they going to say, we were kind men, we were wise men, we had plans, we had wisdom?

Edited by tahoma

Hello RichM,

Your old nemesis here. Remember that we are all but over-evolved monkeys, instinctually driven to screw each other over. Do not fall into temptation; we shall all buy that pile of bricks someday.

Only in a couple of years, whereupon the question will be; 'have prices stopped plummetting?'

What are they going to say, we were kind men, we were wise men, we had plans, we had wisdom?

Do you want fries with your Big Mac?

:D:o:D

"Never get out of the boat. Absolutely goddamn right. Unless you were going all the way. RightFredsDead got off the boat. He split from the whole f*cking program. How did that happen? What did he see here that first tour? 38 f*cking years old. If he joined the hpc.co.uk, there was no way you'd ever get above junior moderator. RightFredsDead knew what he was giving up. The more I read and began to understand, the more I admired him. His family and friends couldn't understand it, and they couldn't talk him out of it. He had to apply three times and he had to put up with a ton of shit, but when he threatened to resign, they gave it to him. The next youngest guy in his class was half his age. They must have thought he was some far-out old man humping it over that HTML course. I did it when I was 19 and it damn near wasted me. A tough m0therf*cker. He finished. He could have gone for Webmaster, but he went for himself instead."

Edited by RichM

I've seen horrors...horrors that you've seen.

If you listen carefully, I’m sure you can hear the rotors, but i can not see anything as i am blinded by the Sun

Run every one………. Run as fast as you can, for they are going to strike, and strike they will low and very fast, they will show no mercy, and they will take no prisoners

Is that Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries" I hear playing ?

"May 2006 on special assignment, South London province. RichM staged operation Broad Sheet with combined local forces. Raided a major success. He received no official clearence. He just thought it up and did it. What balls. They were gonna nail his ass to the floorboards for that but after the press got hold of it they promoted him to senior veteran instead. Oh man, the bullsh1t piled up so fast in a housing bubble, you needed wings to stay above it."

Edited by RichM

Guest Bart of Darkness

We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun.

You understand RichM that this thread does not exist, nor will it ever exist. ;)

"Late summer-autumn 2005: Charlie the Tramp's patrols in the lesser forums coming under frequent troll ambush. The site started falling apart... November: Charlie the Tramp orders the expulsion of four veteran posters, three men and one woman. Two of the men were regulars in the Off-Topic forum. Troll activity in his old sector dropped off to nothing. Guess he must have hit the right four people. The site tried one last time to bring him back into the fold. And if he pulled over, it all would have been forgotten. But he kept going, and he kept winning it his way, and they called me in. They lost him. He was gone. Nothing but rumors and rambling intelligence, mostly from captured EAs. The VIs knew his name by now, and they were scared of him. He and his men were playing hit and run all the way into the Council for Mortgage Lenders."

RichM,

What is the point of creating a brand new thread just to post that rubbish. What does it contribute to the housing debate? Did it increase my understanding of the housing market? Er No, actually it didn't. What a pointless post.

It just goes to show the level of frustration and bitterness experienced by the doom-mongers at not seeing any of their predictions coming true. The doom-mongers thought that correctly predicting the future was easy and straight-forward but they are finding that it is much more difficult they they had anticipated.

The doom-mongers will just have to carry on whinging because house prices will remain high indefinitely and no amount of whinging and moaning is going to change that.

RichM,

What is the point of creating a brand new thread just to post that rubbish. What does it contribute to the housing debate? Did it increase my understanding of the housing market? Er No, actually it didn't. What a pointless post.

It just goes to show the level of frustration and bitterness experienced by the doom-mongers at not seeing any of their predictions coming true. The doom-mongers thought that correctly predicting the future was easy and straight-forward but they are finding that it is much more difficult they they had anticipated.

The doom-mongers will just have to carry on whinging because house prices will remain high indefinitely and no amount of whinging and moaning is going to change that.

I've learnt far more from these posts than I will learn in a lifetime from yours.... :lol:

Hello RichM,

Sometimes I doubt the "over" or even the "evolved" part of that.

Billy Shears

RichM,

I'd say the point was to give us all a laugh. RichM's post displays some wit and invention, unlike yours which are the same old mechanical gibbering about STRs and doom mongers.

Isn't it time this troll was banned?

Edited by LTD

Yeah, lighten up, jerk, as McFly would say (that's the actual McFly, not the Godawful record company puppets). Can you believe it's been over 20 years since BttF was made?

Guest Bart of Darkness

To be lectured by Bruno (for it is he) about posting rubbish, just proves what William Shatner said in Airplane II:

"Irony can be pretty ironic at times".

To be lectured by Bruno (for it is he) about posting rubbish, just proves what William Shatner said in Airplane II:

"Irony can be pretty ironic at times".

Poor old Bruno's had most of his website closed down. He used Tesco's webpages and although "every little helps" That didn't include umbrella handles - part of the sites still there but without the offensive photo's.

http://homepages.tesco.net/bruno.powroznik/author2.htm

:lol::lol::lol::lol: