House Price Crash Forum

Hi

New to posting - been reading for a while now but this article on THIS IS MONEY has prompted me to post

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/mortgages/mor...0&in_page_id=58

This has got to be some of the worst, one sided advice I have read!

The only advice they dont give is to give up sleeping and get a night job!

Love the site - keep up the good work. :)

Welcome, surely, the best advice is not to listen to their advice. Not only do they want to draw the young into debt, but their parents too. So that’ll be the whole family out on the street if all goes awry.

Keep posting

Foxy

"The latest study by Abbey into first-time buyers has revealed one in two prospective homeowners feel that if they don't get on the property ladder soon they never will."

That's financial advice from the company that lost hundreds of millions of pounds making corporate loans to solid credit-worthy companies such as Enron.

Geniuses!

B)

Edited by onionpie

Basically "we" here at HPC have been advising FTB to take their advice on buying from this site.

http://www.weaseltoothpaste.co.uk/

Very funny - however it is shockingly accurate. :lol:

Thanks for making me feel welcome

I will contine to post as and when I feel qualified to speak.

As a further point about THIS IS MONEY - I have attempted to comment on other articles raising concerns about house prices etc. My comments never get posted, I may be paranoid but it appears TIM are very selective about which comments they post.

Anyone else tried to comment on articles?

Yes shocking advice!

You would think Krusty Allcrap wrote that one!!!

Welcome TWOPPER!!!

The way the media seem to say GET MONEY AT ALL COSTS is really starting to piss me off. Up until 5 years ago, if you could not afford it, you DID NOT BUY IT. Simple!

Get a friend? Have the bare faced CHEEK to ask MUM and Dad to MEW their house so we can give it to a bank instead of them DOWNSIZING and having some retirement money is absolutely SICK imho.

Why not lower the prices so people can afford them???? The less people spend on housing and utility bills the more money gets spent in the local economy. This promotes higher employment and generates money for the government in the form of taxes. WHY IS THIS SUCH A LUDICROUS STRATEGY?

HPI=No cash for high street = Job Losses = Unemployment UP = Bankruptcy UP = More people claiming benefits = HIGHER TAXES for the Employed = Less disposable income to AFFORD RUNNING A HOUSE!!!!

TB

Edited by teddyboy

Hi

New to posting - been reading for a while now but this article on THIS IS MONEY has prompted me to post

The only advice they dont give is to give up sleeping and get a night job!

Love the site - keep up the good work. :)

Welcome, the sooner we get interest rates ticking up, the sooner these 'adverts for business' will stop being effective ways of luring lemmings over the cliff!