House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
I Told You So

Being Given Advice On Buying

Met a friend of a friend at a social gathering recently who told me of his horrific credit card and overdraft, not all his fault to fair.

Talk moves on to property and he is completely unaware of my thoughts on the UK market.

He tells me how he bought a flat last year spent £15K doing it up and was in negative equity, not sure how but his words not mine.

Next he says "you really should get on to the property market you'll miss out otherwise"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH this from a guy who has just admitted he is in negative equity. I had to bite my tongue and say I think i'll wait for a year or two and see what happens to IR's, he looked baffled.

Really nice bloke though so I just steered the conversation elsewhere, didnt want to upset him.

What is wrong with joe public?

Guest Winners and Losers

You are too nice I Told You So. Now if GAL Bear had been in the room, it would have been a different story! ;)

Met a friend of a friend at a social gathering recently who told me of his horrific credit card and overdraft, not all his fault to fair.

Talk moves on to property and he is completely unaware of my thoughts on the UK market.

He tells me how he bought a flat last year spent £15K doing it up and was in negative equity, not sure how but his words not mine.

Next he says "you really should get on to the property market you'll miss out otherwise"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH this from a guy who has just admitted he is in negative equity. I had to bite my tongue and say I think i'll wait for a year or two and see what happens to IR's, he looked baffled.

Really nice bloke though so I just steered the conversation elsewhere, didnt want to upset him.

What is wrong with joe public?

Some friend you are, I think what you did was extremly bad. At the very least you should have started a GAL BEAR diatribe to get them to sell as soon as for as sure as WAL is ram they will end up in even deeper negative equity. :rolleyes:

An example of VI media spoon feed sheep mentaility with no depth of understanding whatsoever

I take it he didn't talk about interest rates, energy prices, inflation....

Edited by dnd

They are f*cking stupid!

Stupid????

Are they....

Pah.. it's real money... it really is... all of it.. and you can afford it.. all of it...

buy now.. are you mad..

Guest Winners and Losers

Girls don't like boys, they like cars and money.

Boys don't like girls when they're not funny

I actually got exactly this sort of pish from my boss...he'd got wind I'd been interviewed for a job in Ayrshire, and came to find out if I was liable to jump ship....

Boss: "so you're not entirely happy in this job"

Me: "no, the job's great, I love it....it's just the location"

Boss: "ah, so you're homesick for Scotland?"

Me: "hmm...it's more a question of house prices - I can afford a 1 bed flat here, I could afford a 3 bed semi with sea views in Ayrshire"

Boss: "...but if you buy in an expensive area, you gain more when prices go up...XXXXX has just bought her first place in XXXXXX, she's the same grade as you....you can't lose on property" - yes, he actully quoted the last bit verbatim.

Him being the boss I didn't "Galbear" him as I'd have liked to.

incidentally, I'm still waiting to hear if there is a job for me in Ayrshire :huh:

I actually got exactly this sort of pish from my boss...he'd got wind I'd been interviewed for a job in Ayrshire, and came to find out if I was liable to jump ship....

Boss: "so you're not entirely happy in this job"

Me: "no, the job's great, I love it....it's just the location"

Boss: "ah, so you're homesick for Scotland?"

Me: "hmm...it's more a question of house prices - I can afford a 1 bed flat here, I could afford a 3 bed semi with sea views in Ayrshire"

Boss: "...but if you buy in an expensive area, you gain more when prices go up...XXXXX has just bought her first place in XXXXXX, she's the same grade as you....you can't lose on property" - yes, he actully quoted the last bit verbatim.

Him being the boss I didn't "Galbear" him as I'd have liked to.

incidentally, I'm still waiting to hear if there is a job for me in Ayrshire :huh:

are you originally scottish? do you want to return? where are you? what do you do?

Guest Bart of Darkness

Avoid discussing politics, religion and house prices with friends or collegues. Topics like that just angry up the blood.

Avoid discussing politics, religion and house prices with friends or collegues. Topics like that just angry up the blood.

You mean like :- "Did we tell you about that lovely converted chapel that we bought off a Labour politican?"