House Price Crash Forum

700k 3 Bed !

HOLA441
HOLA442

The reason it is so cheap is that it is semi detached.

You dont get much for that type of money these days, can you imagine introducing your boss and his wife to the sumptious back garden, standing under that glorious pergoda, I reckon you will certainly have arrived and a promotion would be on the cards for the lucky person who buys this one. You would be the envy of the Golf Club.

HOLA443
Guest Winners and Losers

'Creatively Designed' as well! Yes, I can see that it is truly a masterpiece of architectural brilliance.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Good value ?

Unbelivable greed ?

Pushing their luck ? Nice chav tastic flooring and no garden for 700k !!! ...

http://buckleysonline.webdadi.biz/details....55-855C02C123A2

Close enough to Wandsworth Common train which is 10 mins to Victoria in the so called "Nightingale Triangle" which is the pricey bit of Wandsworth. My old boss sold a nowhere near as nice 4 bed terrace in the middle of Balham last autumn for half a million, so once someone sticks a 90% offer in it'll be about right I guess.

HOLA446
HOLA447

This "house" is a prime example justifying my decision to leave the country for a year and take a breather. It's like living in an asylum of numbers.

I agree. Sh1t I have always had a largely undefined sense that things are way over priced, but to see what 700k buys you in London nowadays really has brought it home.

This whole thing is a freaking mindhump! I feel like I have entered a parallel universe.

Unbelievable.

This is going to end sooo horribly.

HOLA448

I agree. Sh1t I have always had a largely undefined sense that things are way over priced, but to see what 700k buys you in London nowadays really has brought it home.

This whole thing is a freaking mindhump! I feel like I have entered a parallel universe.

Unbelievable.

This is going to end sooo horribly.

You really haven't scratched the surface with this one. If you want to see unbelieveable 3 beds, look at this:

http://www.ayrtonwylie.com/templates/detai...=awbe_AWY050290

3 Beds, and 47 years left on the Leasehold. £1.75m

It's ALL about the area. The £700k one is in a great area in SW London, this one is Central. You can get 3beds for less, but they don't make such good posts..................

HOLA449

You really haven't scratched the surface with this one. If you want to see unbelieveable 3 beds, look at this:

It's ALL about the area. The £700k one is in a great area in SW London, this one is Central. You can get 3beds for less, but they don't make such good posts..................

For 1.75m you get "OWN FRONT DOOR". Fantastic, where's my cheque book?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Seems cheap compared to this one nearby:

Trinity Road

:lol:

:lol::lol: And what's with all the quotation marks around the brand names? Who are they quoting? Morons.

So happy to see laminate flooring referred to as chavtastic - that has fair made my weekend already!

Some idiot russian will snap this up - although communal gardens - hmm, harder to bury the bodies in!

I think we should a thread dedicated to laminate flooring. "Carry on laminating" or "the joy of laminate flooring" it will be called.

Can we, can we - that would be great - laminate flooring a-go-go! :lol::lol:

HOLA4412
Guest Bart of Darkness

There seems to be a high level of confidence in our economy - and the fact that there hasn't been any significant shift southwards of house prices suggest to me that more and more people are opting for other methods to get onto the housing market. It is probably their belief, and encouraged by their elders that house prices never go down, and it was expensive when they bought their first house. These people are going into it blind, borrowing high income multiples based on average earnings spread over 30+ years. And of course there's those going for the shared-ownership route also. The bottomline is you can't stop these people from doing it, and they're doing it daily - and all the meanwhile, a few people who studied the history of house prices are holding back in the hope of a massive crash/correction.

The crash won't happen because there's too many stupid people sadly who will keep this going - the banks are still lending copious amounts of cash. I'm almost at the point to say this is the way the world economy is going, jump on board join in - it's your only option for reward - otherwise you're be forever priced out and excluded from the party that the masses are revelling in right now. There was a thread on here about everyone being rich. I went into my local CoOp, and a can of coke was 69p! 7-up was 72p! I thought these drinks were 50p - and even i thought that was pricy!! How do people afford their £40k X5s ? It's crazy consumer driven credit frenzy - driving up inflation etc etc.

I know a lot of this has been mentioned before and this adds nothing new to the debate - but my thoughts are prices aren't going to be affordable ever! :angry:

Spacious three bedroom flat situated on the basement

One and three-quarter million quid to live in a basement?

HOLA4413

Close enough to Wandsworth Common train which is 10 mins to Victoria in the so called "Nightingale Triangle" which is the pricey bit of Wandsworth. My old boss sold a nowhere near as nice 4 bed terrace in the middle of Balham last autumn for half a million, so once someone sticks a 90% offer in it'll be about right I guess.

I forgot to mention, there's a pub 80 yrds away at the bottom of the road which has a 12am license, so

you can also get your plants watered for free by a few of the "locals" on the way home.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I forgot to mention, there's a pub 80 yrds away at the bottom of the road which has a 12am license, so

you can also get your plants watered for free by a few of the "locals" on the way home.

That's a real advantage - not to be sniffed at in this age of the hosepipe ban :unsure:

HOLA4416

That Estate Agency seems to be typical of a new breed of tosspot emerging. This is from their web site, whether it will paste or not, let's see.

Being a new agent we have employed a top Brand Agency to propel us forward in a competitive market and ensuring that as a seller your property is given maximum exposure and as a buyer we have the best selection of properties. We want to make both buying and selling a property a much more pleasurable experience.

The list helps explain why we have chosen to break away from the establishment and see the opportunity to provide a more up to date and professional service focusing on the needs of clients and applicants.

Buckley's is ....

Conversational,

Intelligent, In Your World,

Challenging,

Warm human and Witty,

Confident and Certain,

Concise and Pithy,

Understated Respectful to the Reader,

Rooted in Facts

Buckley's isn't ....

In Your Face,

Cold ,

Clinical,

Purely Rational,

Wordy and Embellished,

Bogged Down In Detail,

Dumbed-Down,

In the Estate Agency World,

Lecturing or Arrogant

Reminds me of the vile, self-serving puke that graphic design agencies come out with about themselves. The standard of English is, of course, appalling. There is a new generation of 20 something to 30 something business people that are truly full of the most nauseating sh*t and they can't even express themselves correctly. They find a good home in estate agency.

HOLA4417

That Estate Agency seems to be typical of a new breed of tosspot emerging. This is from their web site, whether it will paste or not, let's see.

Being a new agent we have employed a top Brand Agency to propel us forward in a competitive market and ensuring that as a seller your property is given maximum exposure and as a buyer we have the best selection of properties. We want to make both buying and selling a property a much more pleasurable experience.

The list helps explain why we have chosen to break away from the establishment and see the opportunity to provide a more up to date and professional service focusing on the needs of clients and applicants.

Buckley's is ....

Conversational,

Intelligent, In Your World,

Challenging,

Warm human and Witty,

Confident and Certain,

Concise and Pithy,

Understated Respectful to the Reader,

Rooted in Facts

Buckley's isn't ....

In Your Face,

Cold ,

Clinical,

Purely Rational,

Wordy and Embellished,

Bogged Down In Detail,

Dumbed-Down,

In the Estate Agency World,

Lecturing or Arrogant

Reminds me of the vile, self-serving puke that graphic design agencies come out with about themselves. The standard of English is, of course, appalling. There is a new generation of 20 something to 30 something business people that are truly full of the most nauseating sh*t and they can't even express themselves correctly. They find a good home in estate agency.

Lol! First rule of communication... never express in the negative. The mind can't process them. If I say don't think of an orange cat in a blue tree what do you think about? They're just asking readers to associate them with being 'in your face', 'cold', 'clinical' etc. :lol::lol:

HOLA4418
  • 1 month later...
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Guest grumpy-old-man

LAMINATE FLOORING!!! COME ON!

But a truly naff garden.

I think we should a thread dedicated to laminate flooring. "Carry on laminating" or "the joy of laminate flooring" it will be called.

laminate flooring was originally designed by the little know organisation "Council Housed Agressive Vandals" co-orporation, their design was intended to provide a quick way of getting new supplies of alchol (cans & bottles) from the kitchen into the lounge when the wife was out shopping for furry boots. This provided uninterrupted viewing of the football, whilst providing the Japanese founded JIT (Just-in-Time) concept. :ph34r:

ok, ok......I know it was cr4p, but it is sunday night after all.

HOLA4421

Asking price of £1,750,000

Spacious three bedroom flat situated on the basement (with rear paved garden), ground and first floor of a red bricked house. The flat is ideally situated in this beautiful garden square within easy walking distance of Harrods and the shops on Sloane Street.

Leasehold with approximately 47 years remaining

• OWN FRONT DOOR

Oh well, jeez, it has it's OWN front DOOR. I guess that makes the 1.75mil and 47 year lease understandable :lol:

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

'one reception room'. What's that all about? What is a reception room and surely if you've got one of those you must have at least a lounge and dining room on top of that - but not mentioned anywhere? :lol:

Open plan aint it?

There's a phrase from round these parts "You don't have a buckleys"

HOLA4424
HOLA4425