House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LargelyIgnorant

Buffet Buys Tesco Shares

Has anyone got any idea why Buffet is buying Tesco shares now? (In the times today & http://www.tradingmarkets.com/tm.site/news...nalysis/257037/ )

Because they have a good p/e ratio to other supermarkets? One would have thought the competition referral would particularly hit a supermarket that is one of the country's bigger landowners. Perhaps the sale/leaseback of their land will help with the enquiry, whilst returning value to shareholders?

Has anyone got any idea why Buffet is buying Tesco shares now? (In the times today & http://www.tradingmarkets.com/tm.site/news...nalysis/257037/ )

Because they have a good p/e ratio to other supermarkets? One would have thought the competition referral would particularly hit a supermarket that is one of the country's bigger landowners. Perhaps the sale/leaseback of their land will help with the enquiry, whilst returning value to shareholders?

Potential to expand outside of the UK market would be my guess. They've got a formula that works and a large part of the world, particularly Asia to conquor.

Guest boredwaiting

Death to Tescos!

I thought they were dead. I haven't seen a tesco's in ages....

Where are they?

They announced thay were setting up shop (apologies for pun) in the U.S. It was on the radio earlier, not sure if R4 or 5 live - been a long day.

Potential to expand outside of the UK market would be my guess. They've got a formula that works and a large part of the world, particularly Asia to conquor.

Thanks. Makes sense. Have decided to stop wasting time trying to follow buffet - Purchased my first BRK.B share this morning. BRK seems to move in the opposite direction to falling markets. Up to a few minutes ago, anyway :rolleyes:

Maybe he has run out of milk? Anyway, one major US hedge fund has been buying Morrison (MRW.L) shares, they usually take a punt on recovery stocks having benefited from M&S.

Death to Tescos!

Indeed, we must bring down any sucessful UK company and belittle their achievements, only that will ensure US and foreign dominance of our economy. First Tesco and then Glaxo :rolleyes:

Keep supporting Tesco - sure way to do yourselves out of a job in years to come. Or if not we'll all be working for them at minimum wage for Tescos mega-monopoly corp

I'm hoping they'll either over extend themselves, loose brand identity or maybe the sheeple will wake up to the fact they can buy food cheaper elsewhere and that Tesco's are actually evil!