House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
George

Lol Good Name Choice

http://www.daft.ie/index.daft

Daft. You'd be daft to buy if you asked me. They have an ideal ftb home (which resembles a dweling for a mouse) for 330,000 euros on their home page. lololol - just let me pop to bank haahah

haha just noticed they even have "Daft discussions" haha. And daft news lol:

daft Pronunciation (dft)

adj. daft·er, daft·est

1. Mad; crazy.

2. Foolish; stupid.

Are they taking the piss? Then again they're orish.+

edit< omg prices are insane there: 600k euros for a semi??

Edited by George

:D I wonder if there's a pattern of bizarre business names appearing as economies turns to bust. Perhaps as a sign of desperation or the better names having been taken up in the good times, leaving only the dodgier ones.

I had to laugh at a night club in Shoreham on Sea near Brighton called 'Recessions' in the 90s. Not suprisingly it burnt down.

Daft. You'd be daft to buy if you asked me. They have an ideal ftb home (which resembles a dweling for a mouse) for 330,000 euros on their home page. lololol - just let me pop to bank haahah

daft Pronunciation (dft)

adj. daft·er, daft·est

1. Mad; crazy.

2. Foolish; stupid.

"daft" is the Irish word for property.

Full of balding unemployed men? :lol:

:D Most probably.

The google whack review was not too promising :o

"There is [was] only one nightspot in town this is RECESSIONS Night Club at Ropetackle near the River. Don't take your partner there if you want to impress. Other than that it is an OK place.

The Recessions night club has burnt down. They are going to rebuild it unfortunately."

http://www.knowhere.co.uk/82_goingout.html

Perhaps its a pointer to open a lap dancing club called 'Busts'

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

daft Pronunciation (dft)

adj. daft·er, daft·est

1. Mad; crazy.

2. Foolish; stupid.

You can pay well over 1m Euro for modest semi in Dublin.

I was at a property market debate a couple of weeks back and one of founders of daft.ie was there. He's quite a pragmatic guy and he made no attempt to talk up the housing market, unlike the MD of Hamilton Osbourne King (EA) who sat next to him. :rolleyes:

Daft is a very good site, especially if you want to rent. What I enjoy doing is finding a property to rent and then checking to see how much a similar property in the same area is to buy. It's only when you see the vast amount of property selling at 40 or 50 times its annual rental value that the sheer jaw-dropping scale of the Irish property bubble hits you.

Is there anywhere is else in world where property is this overpriced?

I was at a property market debate a couple of weeks back and one of founders of daft.ie was there. He's quite a pragmatic guy and he made no attempt to talk up the housing market, unlike the MD of Hamilton Osbourne King (EA) who sat next to him. :rolleyes:

Daft is a very good site, especially if you want to rent. What I enjoy doing is finding a property to rent and then checking to see how much a similar property in the same area is to buy. It's only when you see the vast amount of property selling at 40 or 50 times its annual rental value that the sheer jaw-dropping scale of the Irish property bubble hits you.

Imperial Palace, Tokyo, 1989.

I think Hawaii which has income to price ratios around 1:11 but the market is supported by a strong non- resident holiday home market. The Irish market is probably the biggest property bubble since the Japanese episode. Oh and prices are now rising faster than ever in Ireland.

I was at that debate as well, It was interesting to watch peoples emotions at work as regards the housing bubble.

€9 million for a cold damp Victorian house in Ballsbridge :D

You can listen to the evening's entertainment here, some of it is very funny

When Will The Property Bubble Burst?"

http://leviathan.libsyn.org/

On the subject of DAFT.IE, its a real .com success story started by the Fallon brothers as a school project in 1997, inspired by their sisters attempts at finding rented accomodation. They sold it recently for several millions. Its brilliant if you are looking for rented accomodation in Ireland, especially in Dublin.

I even introduced my landlord to the site. Its been a real boon to him, its cheap advertising and it attracts a better class of tenant than advertising in the Evening Herald ( Local rag).