House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cupidstunt

Todays Complainers On Mse

Here's a great quote:

"We have a very large morgage now but it stops me wasting money on other things."

in the same way as having your legs amputated stops you wasting money on trousers.... :lol:

edit: sorry Magpie, you must have just nipped in before me...

Edited by Smell the Fear

Yes i agree that prices are high at the moment, but when i bought my first house (June last year) I was 20 and my girlfriend was 19. It was the earliest opportunity that we could afford to buy a house. Its just frustrating that we arn't 5 years older and hadn't bought one in 2000 and made alot more money.

But theres no point moaning about something you can't change so we bought one anyway and in November due to a better paid job we sold it and bought another one!

We have a very large morgage now but it stops me wasting money on other things

20 and he has a large mortgage :(

don't be so negative! it stops him wasting money on things like holidays, going out and all of that other stuff that makes life worth living! :lol:

ha ha, all the immaterial thing in line then

edit: sorry Magpie, you must have just nipped in before me...

No worries.

I found it rather sweet and sad at the same time. There's all this guff about how all "the young FTBs should stop wasting money on MP3 players and knuckle down to buying", but surely being young should be about wasting the odd bit of money. At least it shouldn't be a choice between having a house and having a life...

He could be angry and pissed off about it but instead he's saying it as though it's a good thing, bless...

Edited by Magpie

No worries.

I found it rather sweet and sad at the same time. There's all this guff about how all "the young FTBs should stop wasting money on MP3 players and knuckle down to buying", but surely being young should be about wasting the odd bit of money. At least it shouldn't be a choice between having a house and having a life...

He could be angry and pissed off about it but instead he's saying it as though it's a good thing, bless...

Some people are keen on delayed gratification. How will he feel if the gratification never comes, but negative equity does? :(

don't be so negative! it stops him wasting money on things like holidays, going out and all of that other stuff that makes life worth living! :lol:

Sorry, think you've missed the point. You expect to be able to go on holiday and go out and "all that other stuff"? Mate, I don't know anyone who ever (parents, grandparents, FTBs 10 years ago, FTBs now) bought their first house and could still afford holidays. Think you need to take a look at your priorities.

Some people are keen on delayed gratification. How will he feel if the gratification never comes, but negative equity does? :(

Yes, that's the sad bit. Aged 19 and 20 I'd really think there's likely to be a better time to buy than now. If prices do fall then they'll have years of hassle for no good reason.

But he's got a good positive attitude so that might help a bit... :unsure:

Mate, I don't know anyone who ever (parents, grandparents, FTBs 10 years ago, FTBs now) bought their first house and could still afford holidays. Think you need to take a look at your priorities.

Indeed: sounds like a house is a huge millstone around the buyer's neck... who'd want one when they have to give up their life to pay for it?

they weren't that bad, just said alot of people were bitter, and i would tend to agree. alot of posters on here are bitter and angry.

I'm not bitter, I'm murphys. Actually I'm Guinness ;)

I'll look out for the link on HPC back to my comments on this thread shall I?

Here it is Doozergirl!! HPC infamy is yours. Happy? :rolleyes:

What that some cupidstunt did exactly what I said happens here? Of course!

:ph34r:

Guest Winners and Losers

What that some cupidstunt did exactly what I said happens here? Of course!

:ph34r:

Gee, a whole 20 minutes. :rolleyes: Better not start posting here and destroy your illustrious reputation. Run along now, we are all just bitter and twisted here. :angry:

Edited by Winners and Losers

Indeed: sounds like a house is a huge millstone around the buyer's neck... who'd want one when they have to give up their life to pay for it?

I bought my first house at 20 and was happy to give up things to play 'home' but then again if I'd have wanted a family it would have been a real struggle plus my house did depreciate in value over the next few years.

If the then other half hadn't beaten the crap out of me I'd have been able to ride the storm and be sitting on a profit now. Perhaps he couldn't cope with the millstone :unsure: I think some can and some can't so maybe this couple will be alright but I'm sure for every couple that manage they'll be half a dozen that don't.

Yes, that's the sad bit. Aged 19 and 20 I'd really think there's likely to be a better time to buy than now. If prices do fall then they'll have years of hassle for no good reason.

But he's got a good positive attitude so that might help a bit

He is going to need a positive attitude, especially when his partner realises they are going to be screwed for 25yrs with no holidays, no children, no life. She will be off in a flash, looking for someone without the financial overheads of a mispent youth, someone who buys on the low, and sells on the highs.

He wont feel so positive when he realises that not only will he have to service the loan on his own, he will also have to service himself.

Edited by laurejon

Guest Winners and Losers

I bought my first house at 20 and was happy to give up things to play 'home' but then again if I'd have wanted a family it would have been a real struggle plus my house did depreciate in value over the next few years.

But the BBC and eveyone at MSE said house prices only ever go up. If only......................... :(

Sorry, think you've missed the point. You expect to be able to go on holiday and go out and "all that other stuff"? Mate, I don't know anyone who ever (parents, grandparents, FTBs 10 years ago, FTBs now) bought their first house and could still afford holidays. Think you need to take a look at your priorities.

In the past this was bearable as high inflation (and wage inflation) quickly eroded the debt to a manageable level, so people could then afford holidays, children, the occasional pint of beer.

This young guy has little chance of that happening. He is saddled with the large debt/no life scenario for the next 25 years, assuming he has a repayment mortgage.

But the BBC and eveyone at MSE said house prices only ever go up. If only......................... :(

I don't get it. There's rarely anyone that says that on MSE and if they do they get shot down in flames quite quickly.

It was you that quoted me and introduced my comments to this board. :wub: You're dumping me so quickly?

Gee, a whole 20 minutes. :rolleyes: Better not start posting here and destroy your illustrious reputation. Run along now, we are all just bitter and twisted here. :angry:

ooohhh Hangbags Mrs WAL