House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mancghirl

Bbc Reporting Facts Shocker

Theology student Nicola Archard, 21, who pays a weekly rent of £89 said: "My friends and I catch up in the sauna and Jacuzzi."

I used to paid £190 a month living on Chorlton Green in Manchester during my year in industry.

My rent a few months ago was only £300 in a nice area just outside London and I'm earning above average wage.

She is a student paying £359 a month in Manchester?! Either shes got a big loan or mummy and daddy are funding!

Edited by CrashBear

Well might aswell get them accustomed to luxury they won't be able to afford for the rest of their lives when they have to pay off their £30K student loan and find their degree in media studies is actually a handicap in the work place!

I went to a proppa ooniverity an it dint do us no arm livin in squalor!

Well might aswell get them accustomed to luxury they won't be able to afford for the rest of their lives when they have to pay off their £30K student loan and find their degree in media studies is actually a handicap in the work place!

I went to a proppa ooniverity an it dint do us no arm livin in squalor!

surely the squalor is part of the experience!?

The development, which also caters for key workers, is one of several built around the country by Manchester-based developers Opal Property Group.

Translation from BBC/VI-speak: "Opal Property Group hoped to sell these flats to BTLers as luxury apartments for professionals, but ended up flogging them off cheap to a university before the market collapses any further"

There are similar developments in Bradford, Huddersfield, Nottingham, Leicester, Liverpool and Wolverhampton with a new development due to open in Leeds in September

Translation from BBC/VI-speak: "There is massive oversupply of flats in these cities too. Developers hope to dump properties on housing associations, before making a quick exit"

General translation from NuLab speak: Ha you suckers! NuLabourTruLabour have just conned a generation of private 'investors' and developers to cheaply build the social housing of the future on our behalf. Think of it as property PFI.

Edited by jp1

They've done at wonderful job of highlighting the growing divide of rich and poor students

Mummy/daddy/mew vs no help from mummy/daddy and holding down 6 crap jobs