House Price Crash Forum
Mancghirl

I Can't Take It Anymore......

http://www.millerhomes.co.uk/explore/North.../2231?pid=12731

These flat were originally advertised at 200k. In Rochdale. I posted back then about the sheer madness of it all.

But, somehow, between building commencing and completion, they've mysteriously gone up by 50k. For a 2 bed flat. IN ROCHDALE. A quarter of a million pounds????????????????

WTF is going on???????????????????

These flat were originally advertised at 200k. In Rochdale. I posted back then about the sheer madness of it all.

But, somehow, between building commencing and completion, they've mysteriously gone up by 50k. For a 2 bed flat. IN ROCHDALE. A quarter of a million pounds????????????????

Doesnt even have seperate kitchen living and dining area so dont think about watching TV when the washing machine/dishwasher/ovens on.

I'm in Rochdale a few times a year as it's where my wife is from. The rise in prices there has been pretty bizarre. Terraces that would have gone for £20K a few years back going for £89-90K and so on. There is a bit of money around in Rochdale, expecially up round Bamford (they're not all brickies up north Laurejon...), but there also seems to be BTL money coming in and you see ridiculous prices for stuff in dodgy bits of town.

Even so this seems a pretty good example of the ludicrous overpricing of new-build apartments relative to everything else. My in-laws have a decent semi with a nice garden in an OK area, now valued at around £160K. And you can get a detached house in Bamford for around the same as they are asking for these apartments. You'd surely have to be a complete idiot to pay £250K for a flat in Rochdale...

Guest Baffled_by_it_all

The layout of that place is appalling. The 2nd bedroom is sectioned off the living room. I imagine the noise would be terrible.

The layout of that place is appalling.

So what? It's not as though anyone is buying the places to live in.

It's greed, plus if they seem to show they are dropping prices then the buyer will just hold back witing for further falls

They are playing on your psychology and combined with VI media - it's working!!!

Don't you know that's how it works? Buying offplan ALWAYS makes you a huge profit. So when it's finished just slap on however much profit you want, and sell it. Bish, bash, bosh. Money for old rope.

Which would you buy:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-515...pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

or:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-953...a_n=13&tr_t=buy

Best get in quick!

Maybe not. There's a board outside the development that says "Available from May". I can't remember whether that was May 2005 or May 2004. The flats are in a fairly poor location, the house is in a very good location. It's a tough choice. The house has recently been reduced by 50k.

More like 400K after interest !!

Thats insane. Its total greed.

MancGirl,

You need to get a grip of yourself! I have noticed in Liverpool all the asking prices have gone HAYWIRE!!! It is definately SCAREMONGERING! Remember How to Be a Property Developer?

"Feerst time buyeers! Come and look at me 'ouse!"

Well they could not give that away! Christopher Way - they totally rebuilt the thing and had to sell it IN AUCTION for £132K I think. They are asking £165K for them now!!!!

FFS They could not give it away for £30+ less!!!!!

Between sellers and EA's they realise its the top and are trying their luck! I guarantee that only a SPECULATOR will buy them miller homes. No -one in their right mind will pay that money and to be honest I am hearing LOTS and LOTS of anecdotes where surveyors are MASSIVELY DOWN-PRICING properties after survey. I think the banks are wary now and have stopped being so lax. The only way someone will buy the Millers is with a 15/20% deposit.

Hold fire - I think once the rise this summer hits home. 12-24 months from then the CRASH will be in FULL SWING! Look at ALL properties and check out their ceiling price. Expect to pay less than that. If Liverpool is anything to go by, if I payed ceiling price the properties I am looking at then its an instant 15% drop. Most properties are 10>30% over the ceiling price - regardless of condition!!!

TB

There was a great recent example of a 3-bed flat in a big ugly tower in Birmingham city centre for £1.6 million, while the same money could buy you an 8-bed mansion in a nice country location just outside the city. All over the country you can find 2-bed new-builds costing more than a nice 4-bed house with garden up the road. It's madness.

Its OK. I've taken a deep breath, refocused and realised that these have all been sold to BTL muppets.

Just like those newbuilds next to the M62 slip road at Milnrow (yum) which are now plastered with 'TO LET' signs.

Mnahahahaha.

(Teddyboy- thanks for reminding me about our scally friends 'Feeeeeeeeeeeerst Tiiiiiiime Buyers, peeeeze buy me 'owse'. Happy days).

Edited by Mancghirl

More like 400K after interest !!

Thats insane. Its total greed.

exactly. actual cost over 25 years would be around 400k. rochdale: i looked on bbc prices and it had the highest priced flats in the northwest. ive been; just looked like another crap northern town, so whats so good about it?

exactly. actual cost over 25 years would be around 400k. rochdale: i looked on bbc prices and it had the highest priced flats in the northwest. ive been; just looked like another crap northern town, so whats so good about it?

Bits of it are nice, the centre is rubbish. Outlying villages are nice but pricey.

Its been overrun by builders, presumably due to slack planning regulations/councillors taking backhanders.

Terraces now too expensive (90k min), so the BTL brigade have now moved onto the truly grim places like Bacup and Burnley.

Its OK. I've taken a deep breath, refocused and realised that these have all been sold to BTL muppets.

Mnahahahaha.

Yes, let all the BTL sheep BUY BUY BUY and that means lower rents for all, even if the market does not crash.

But of course, the market will crash and that will mean cheaper properties for FTBs too going forward.

The situation will unfurl into a win-win situation for FTBs.

:)

Terraces now too expensive (90k min), so the BTL brigade have now moved onto the truly grim places like Bacup and Burnley.

Excuse me, my dad was from Burnley.... Although now I come to think of it he joined the army to get awy from it and never went back, so he can't have been very fond of it. :(

What puzzles me is that rents in those towns are rubbish. I guess the yield figures are pretty terrible even before you get messed about by benefits claimants, voids and the sheer hassle of being a milltown landlord. It's been pretty atrocious for those towns because there's not much to recommend living there, but at least the cheap cost of housing traditionally helped make the cost of living reasonable. Now there's all these idiots from down here going up there thinking "brilliant, you can still get a terrace for £80K, what a bargain" when in fact they're barely worth £20K.

I think you have all overlooked something very important.

There is thrown in on the deal a 5 burner Hob, not 4 as is found in lower class developments in addition there is also a 90cm stainless steel and glass canopy extractor. Built to a high specification these apartments are the epitome of style and comfort.

If you want these expensive luxury items, then for sure you must be prepared to pay the extra 90k for them.

I think you have all overlooked something very important.

There is thrown in on the deal a 5 burner Hob, not 4 as is found in lower class developments in addition there is also a 90cm stainless steel and glass canopy extractor. Built to a high specification these apartments are the epitome of style and comfort.

If you want these expensive luxury items, then for sure you must be prepared to pay the extra 90k for them.

Blimey yes, I'll have one today. I bet it's really shiny too...

I also like the slightly desperate sales blurb - "Entertain friends, family or just yourselves in the open plan lounge/dining area". ... or even just lie on the floor all by yourself sobbing about what a terrible error you've made in buying this flat.

Feelin your pain sister!

Manchesters going to suffer, it really is. Mind you, I live in west dids, still seems there are a lot of fools willing to enslave themselves for the next 25yrs...