House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
munimula

Anecdotal

Talking to my uncle last night - a friend of his did up a place in a little town in Devon.

Put it on the market for £190K. No sale in months. Next door (same house) ended up reducing to £135K to get a sale! The man spent £170K buying and renovating and it's only worth £135K max.

Different areas - different picture but it's simple. Prices are too high and WILL come down.

Interetingly, had a big chat with my uncle about house prices and he was very interested in what I had to say. He agreed completely that the UK housing market is very likely to fall, he kind of had a feeling things aren't right, prices are too high but was interested to hear what might cause the crash. Inflation, unemployment and interest rates I told him were the key but don't expect either of those three to be lower in 2-3 years time.

Good to know that there are other mainstream believers out there. :)

Yep, similar experience here. House down my road was up for £137k. Not a bad price for my area, middle terrace but nice, 3 beds, v close to centre etc. I expected it to be snapped up at that price but it sat on the market for 3 months. Was recently reduced to £127k and has finally sold. Still too much in my opinion for a modest terrace, but shows that prices are heading in the right direction.

UK is simply too expensive to live in now. You look at the average salary anywhere in the country and, HPs aside, all the various taxes, charges, etc, make it a very expensive place to live. Add ridiculous HPs into the equation and I cannot see how people manage.