House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cupidstunt

Todays Btl Muppet On Mse

They can't afford the 25 quid, but they're getting into the BTL game.

This is one phenomenal housing bubble.

Savour it well, it's unlikely to be repeated in our lifetime.

"The quote was £25 a month. This is really expensive for us, but we want to make sure we are properly insured"

OMFG, he's about to enter a whole new world of pain and he's worried about £25.

That is crazy. You think they have factored in rates rising?* :blink:

*dont answer that! :D

''It maybe not a good time to get into BTL - Particulary as you seem to be worried about costs? Yield - voids - non paying tennants etc.

A friend of mine who owns several Investment properties has had a number of problems with tennants.One did a runner with the central heating system, Radiators,boiler and the shower fittings. To add insult to injury he also dismantled the stairs so it wasn't until the next day they found he'd taken the Hot water tank as well - I believe you can get a good price for scrap copper at the moment.''

Best quote ever - on link provided.

''It maybe not a good time to get into BTL - Particulary as you seem to be worried about costs? Yield - voids - non paying tennants etc.

A friend of mine who owns several Investment properties has had a number of problems with tennants.One did a runner with the central heating system, Radiators,boiler and the shower fittings. To add insult to injury he also dismantled the stairs so it wasn't until the next day they found he'd taken the Hot water tank as well - I believe you can get a good price for scrap copper at the moment.''

:lol::lol:

Best quote ever - on link provided.

:o

That really takes the biscuit barrel!

Don't be so sure, people have very short memories when tales of easy money are thrust before them.

"The quote was £25 a month. This is really expensive for us, but we want to make sure we are properly insured"

OMFG, he's about to enter a whole new world of pain and he's worried about £25.

To be fair to the chap, it's 25 quid a month.

Then again, you'd have though he would have got this quote before buying...

If he's worried about 25 quid a month he'll have a coronary if he gets a months void...

He could be easily losing £25 a day on the BTL.

If he's worried about 25 quid a month he'll have a coronary if he gets a months void...

Depends on the monthly rent. If it's a wee flat, that could be 8% of the total rental... a month's yield in other words, hence his coronary.