House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sealaw2000

House Price Falls

Don't know if anyone else has reported this, but even though the media is tripping over itself to report massive house price inflation, if you go to the BBC website at

BBC

and use their house price calculator, most regions (with the noticable exception of London) appear to be returning loses for this quarter.

I've only just noticed this, and haven't really analysed it in great detail, but just wanted to point it out to see if any of you had any thoughts?

Bearing in mind that many on this forum were slagging off the BBC price guide (myself included) when it was showing price rising 20% in areas about a year ago, I don't see much reason to believe it when it says prices are falling.

Edited by BandWagon

Bearing in mind that many on this forum were slagging off the BBC price guide (myself included) when it was showing price rising 20% in areas about a year ago, I don't see much reason to believe it when it says prices are falling.

I see your point, on the surface. But equally you could argue that previously bullish reports in the Beeb and other media which has now turned sour would indicate that reports of a deflation in prices ought to be considered actually a large fall, since in media terms it tends to be the norm to represent a static market as rising, a rising market as rapidly rising and a falling market as not feasable.

So if the BBC is reporting a downturn you can be certain there really is one!

VP