House Price Crash Forum

Young People Taking To The Streets Of Spain

HOLA441
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

IYoung people are taking to the streets of Spain complaining about house prices and their right to buy,

Maybe if we did the same the govenment might actually listen.

That is like admitting you are poor. The english class system will ensure that everyone "keeps up appearances"

As my old Gran would have said, "they are all fur coat and no knickers"

HOLA443
HOLA444

That is like admitting you are poor. The english class system will ensure that everyone "keeps up appearances"

Sounds fantastic, where can I get one? :P;)

HOLA445

IYoung people are taking to the streets of Spain complaining about house prices and their right to buy,

They are listening. Have you not seen the sheds err new eco-friendly first time buyers houses, that will be selling for ~£175K???

HOLA446
Guest horace

That`s rather quaint, people having the `right to buy`. Are there any other products where there is a `right to buy`??

h. :unsure:

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

That`s rather quaint, people having the `right to buy`. Are there any other products where there is a `right to buy`??

Hi,

I know some nations attach a different importance to some special cases - things like food, clean water, medical assistance and shelter, some of the more basic necessities of existence that ensure society doesn't breakdown.

Edited by boom_and_bust

HOLA4410

If the private water companies ramped the price of water until many people couldn't afford it and were reduced to boiling water from the nearest ditch, you can bet that something would be done about it.

Billy Shears

HOLA4411

Thank you!

I have been trying to think of the key reason for this one, there in a nut shell.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Yes, they'd put a meter on the ditch.

Not as far fetched as it sounds! Has anyone seen "The Corporation"? It was a documentaty on More4 a short while ago. Think it was Venezuela where the water companies were privatised and people on an average salary of $2 a day were paying .25c a day for water. It was also made illeagal to collect rainwater so needless to say there were riots of biblical proportions......

HOLA4415

Not as far fetched as it sounds! Has anyone seen "The Corporation"? It was a documentaty on More4 a short while ago. Think it was Venezuela where the water companies were privatised and people on an average salary of $2 a day were paying .25c a day for water. It was also made illeagal to collect rainwater so needless to say there were riots of biblical proportions......

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808565671+

HOLA4416

Viva Chavez!

ABB

HOLA4417

That was Bolivia.

The result - they eventually elected a coc-growing ex-llama farmer who has just nationalised the oil and gas industry with the help of the military.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

I cannot believe that every time someone raises the idea of 'demonstrating' against lack of

affordable housing it gets no interest on here.

For gods sake, we have a website full of people who cannot afford to buy their own homes (or don't want to cos prices are too high) and none of us are prepared to stand up and be counted.

Those young frenchies have the right idea, at least it brings it to the attention of the media.

And before you all say it I know the media WANT house prices to increase cos most of them are in

buy to let but even so they would damn well report it if we all marched on Number 10 (or whatever!).

How many people look on this website every day ?

Surely one of us has the know all to organise something ?

And please don't say that 'market forces' will bring prices down, I am sick of waiting for 'market forces'.

I am too old to wait for that.

We have to stop talking and start doing something !!!

Forget the pub meet , lets all hold a peaceful demonstration instead!

HOLA4420

That was Bolivia.

The result - they eventually elected a coc-growing ex-llama farmer who has just nationalised the oil and gas industry with the help of the military.

Thanks, South American geography isn't a strong point of mine.

I guess the whole thing does prove though, that you can only push people so far.

HOLA4421

I cannot believe that every time someone raises the idea of 'demonstrating' against lack of

affordable housing it gets no interest on here.

For gods sake, we have a website full of people who cannot afford to buy their own homes (or don't want to cos prices are too high) and none of us are prepared to stand up and be counted.

Those young frenchies have the right idea, at least it brings it to the attention of the media.

And before you all say it I know the media WANT house prices to increase cos most of them are in

buy to let but even so they would damn well report it if we all marched on Number 10 (or whatever!).

How many people look on this website every day ?

Surely one of us has the know all to organise something ?

And please don't say that 'market forces' will bring prices down, I am sick of waiting for 'market forces'.

I am too old to wait for that.

We have to stop talking and start doing something !!!

Forget the pub meet , lets all hold a peaceful demonstration instead!

havent seen you organise anything yet either. ;)

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

It would go down like a lead balloon, "70% of people are homeowners, we want their homes to fall in value", doesn't sound good does it? And if you try and explain why this would help them climb the ladder their eyes will glaze over, they only see £££ and the more the better, despite the fact their next house will be £££££.

Anyway, you can get one of those shared ownership things can't you, and they're building some lovely sheds affordable homes, I saw one on the TV the otherday, at those prices you could buy two! But you'd rather just buy another iPod wouldn't you. I don't know, young people thesedays, they have their priorities all wrong. When I was a lass I was saddled with five student loans, five credit cards; three store card debts and a personal loan, not to mention eight BTL IO mortgages. When will they learn!

HOLA4424
HOLA4425