House Price Crash Forum

I shifted most of my cash when they dropped the rates but kept a small amount in there.

just got a letter today saying from 15 may to 31 july they're paying existing account holders 6% gross on anything extra you pay in between those dates.

current balances @15th May will not get it, just new transfers in.

the "bonus" 1.59% gross will be paid on 2/august

I heard they were starting doing mortgages soon, so i guess they'll be lending it straight out ?

is that 6% just for that period or 6% for a year (or longer?). Can't see anything about it on their website. I've also got about £1 left with them, but don't see it's worth moving the money just for 1 month and a half

is that 6% just for that period or 6% for a year (or longer?). Can't see anything about it on their website. I've also got about £1 left with them, but don't see it's worth moving the money just for 1 month and a half

Got a letter from them yesterday. As far as I could tell it was just for that period (which I thought went on to mid August but I could be wrong - only skimmed the bumpf when I got in from work last night). Like yourself I left a pound in my ING account, just to keep it active in case they start paying a reasonable rate again.

Its not a very good deal at all to be honest.

6% beats first direct's 4.65% gross rate, even if it is for a couple of months.

depends how much you can put in I suppose and if its worth the effort

ING pays 4.5% with no restrictions. What better deals are there out there? ICICI have 5% or so but I'm a little wary, rightly or wrongly, of putting money into an Indian bank.

What is a better home than ING for 100K plus?

ING pays 4.5% with no restrictions. What better deals are there out there? ICICI have 5% or so but I'm a little wary, rightly or wrongly, of putting money into an Indian bank.

What is a better home than ING for 100K plus?

You could look at it this way. ICICI being an Indian Bank wont be affected by any UK HPC !

It is the 2nd biggest Indian Bank and India is on its way to becoming the 2nd biggest economy in the world.

6% for a couple of months is completely pointless if you have to transfer money back to ING. ICICI is a better option.

like I said earlier, depends how much you have to invest. I will make about £750 more than its making right now, just for moving my cash for the two months, so to me its worth the (small) effort

ICICI rate is only 5.03% gross compared to the 6% you'll get with ING

Edited by sign_of_the_times

like I said earlier, depends how much you have to invest. I will make about £750 just for moving my cash for the two months so to me its worth the (small) effort

Have you allowed for the fact that you are sacrificing some interest completely shunting your money from one account to another and back ?

Have you allowed for the fact that you are sacrificing some interest completely shunting your money from one account to another and back ?

absolutely, its a winner !

I used to have most of my cash with ING when they opened with their 5% rate, but switched most of it chasing better rates as they cut theirs.

6% will do nicely for the next couple of months. maybe we'll get a rate rise between now and then and some better products for savers ??? who knows.......

No offence, but I'd recommend you do your maths again.

To make an extra £750 during the 2 months you'd need one heck of a lot of money. Remember, you're going to lose 2 entire weeks interest moving the money in and then out of ING again.

none taken.

If I move everything to ING, I'm talking just under 400k and the "bonus" interest will be about 1.5% more than I'm getting now.

transfers usually take 2 days each way via linked accounts, so only 4 days, not 14 !

none taken.

If I move everything to ING, I'm talking just under 400k and the "bonus" interest will be about 1.5% more than I'm getting now.

transfers usually take 2 days each way via linked accounts, so only 4 days, not 14 !

If I Move £400k :lol::lol::lol:

And on a HPC site

Go buy a house - no wonder there isnt going to be a HPC if everyone here have over a £100k saved

The Government probably laughs at us!

If I Move £400k :lol::lol::lol:

And on a HPC site

Go buy a house - no wonder there isnt going to be a HPC if everyone here have over a £100k saved

The Government probably laughs at us!

rather juvenile response........

I'm here as an STR waiting to buy back in when the price is right and without a mortgage. I think you'll find there are a few of us on here in similar circumstances.

FTB's and STR's want the same thing...., prices to fall

Guest absolutezero

But people are happy to put their money into a foreign bank so long as it is ING..... They're Dutch.

Guest prudence

ING has an excellent credit rating and that is worth some peace of mind. BTW, you can use the major credit reference agences on-line and at no charge. Don't put your money anywhere without first doing a check...........