House Price Crash Forum

the decision to allow bulgaria and rumania to join eec and enter uk

"..depends on the economic situation in the uk..."

Geoff Hoon. European Minister

just to make matters even worse, the newsnight article highlighted the fact that

"...1.5 million bulgarians were prevented from leaving bulgaria last year..."

prepare for a massive influx if sorry when they are admitted in 2007

the government game plan is clear for all to see - admit as many immigrants as possible to bolster a rotten economy. they are desperate

its absolute madness

Yep, these are even more seeds of our own destruction being sown. Unfortunately, it is the poor working classes of this country that will reap the whirlwind.

The rich Labour and Tory lovies will be wealthy enough to go and buy a nice house in the foothills of the Alps somewhere. The rest of us will end up pissed off in an over crowded, polluted, gridlocked sh1thole with serious factional infighting - 10 years away but coming to a town near you.

You know what I'm talking about, but I can't mention the 3 letters i'm talking about ..... !!!

So they can work here and buy a house back home but with all the empty houses there we'll have bought 'em all up and inflated their prices.

I love Capitalism. ;)

the decision to allow bulgaria and rumania to join eec and enter uk

"..depends on the economic situation in the uk..."

Geoff Hoon. European Minister

just to make matters even worse, the newsnight article highlighted the fact that

"...1.5 million bulgarians were prevented from leaving bulgaria last year..."

prepare for a massive influx if sorry when they are admitted in 2007

the government game plan is clear for all to see - admit as many immigrants as possible to bolster a rotten economy. they are desperate

its absolute madness

I saw this interview as well. He made it pretty clear that the decision was to on the basis of what business wants (i.e. the needs of the UK economy).

When questioned by Paxman on whether his constituents wanted bulgaria and romania to join, and for free movement of workers from these countries he claimed that his constituents wanted him to do what was necessary for peace in western europe. Hard to see the connection.

I don't think that there can be any doubt that the demographic timebomb is to be defused by a mass influx of immigrants.

we are witnessing the beginning of a massive upheaval of populations that has not been seen since the 2nd world war.

driven by desperate western europeans who are so far in debt they are so desperate to maintain the pyramid scam of house prices and borrowing they will do ANYTHING AT ANY COST

even as far allowing mass immigration to save their stinking economies. they are willing to prostitute their selves. i dont want a million bulgarian/romanian corrupt criminal gypsies coming here. i am not that desperate. i am not a racist. but enough is enough.

RIP United Kingdom

Most immigrant that work on the agricultural side for my clients live on site in hostels and portacabins.

The live 6 to a room and do not contribute to the housing issue as much as you guys think.

That's in Norfolk & Cambs.

Guest muttley

So the Bulgarians are emigrating to Britain.

The British are emigrating to Bulgaria.

And house prices are rising in both countries.

:blink:

What could possibly go wrong?

i can see it now

a gang of rumanian crooks doing the 3-cup and ball con routine on every street corner / railway station / airport in the uk

just ask the brits who live in spain what they think of the romanian / eastern european gangs that are regularly releiving them of their household goods

at least the polish are civilised and here to work

"The EU insisted that Bulgaria cleaned up their act regarding corruption. Isn’t Britain and Italy in the EU?"

its getting impossible to differentiate now who is corrupt and who isnt

what a mess. caused by greed.

i fear for the near future. the next recession will be horrendous.

I love Newsnight, the upper middleclass talking shop. Take tonight for instance :-

"Yes, convicted criminals, rapists and multiple murderers are walking the streets, we don't know who they are or where they are or how they got here, and yes, we are committed to open-ended multiple overseas military engagements and we may well have a terrorist problem with nuclear technology being flashed about. Ok, so we're unable to satisfactorily house our population and we have a hidden homeless problem that is greater than the Cathy Come Home days four decades ago. Yes, your child may well be unable to spell his own name and faces more choices of drugs than sweets. Yes, the NHS is falling apart and we're firing countless doctors and nurses and shutting down numerous facilities whilst retaining every pointless administrator. Undoubtedly our criminal justice system is falling apart to the detriment of everybody. HOWEVER, the real problem is people driving 4x4's, this is simply intolerable, I cannot think of anything worse than a bunch of idiots pouring money directly into HM Treasury for the sheer muppetry of driving a three ton truck. This is the only thing wrong in this working utopia of ours!"

I wonder if the Bulgarians will undercut the Poles already working here, that would be ironic? :D

Ukrainians are now doing the drudgery in Poland, there are some jobs that the natives just refuse to do!

Edited by BuyingBear

Unfortunately, it is the poor working classes of this country that will reap the whirlwind.

It is the feckless non-working classes, who should learn saleable skills and trades and who believe that they are owed a living, who will reap the whirlwind. The rest of us will benefit, not least from the well-deserved kick-up-the-**** that lazy and unskilled locals will receive from the industrious easterners.

It is the feckless non-working classes, who should learn saleable skills and trades and who believe that they are owed a living, who will reap the whirlwind. The rest of us will benefit, not least from the well-deserved kick-up-the-**** that lazy and unskilled locals will receive from the industrious easterners.

Only a Scot would relish having to work harder for less money.

The perfect opportunity to exercise that protestant work ethic and practice frugality at the same time. :P

Most immigrant that work on the agricultural side for my clients live on site in hostels and portacabins.

The live 6 to a room and do not contribute to the housing issue as much as you guys think.

That's in Norfolk & Cambs.

The current NET inward migration is in excess of 200,000 adults per annum. To be explicit, this is the difference between emmigration and immigration (so the actual immigration figures are obviously much higher). The vast majority of these people need to be housed and that affects everyone.

A former Irish PM has expressed concern on the pressure immigration is presenting to housing in Ireland;

http://www.examiner.ie/irishexaminer/pages...3542-qqqx=1.asp

16 May 2006

Working past 65 better for economy than immigration'

By Jim Morahan

FORMER Taoiseach Garret FitzGerald suggested yesterday it would be “much better” for the Irish economy if people worked until later in life rather than having immigrant workers, who need to be housed, coming in.

During a speech at the Equality Authority, the ex-Fine Gael leader spoke in the context of the large numbers of immigrant workers arriving here — all of whom need housing.

Launching Say No to Ageism Week, he said: “Given the shortage of Irish workers which, in recent years, has made necessary a very large number of immigrant workers to come into the country, all of them have to be housed.

“The economy could benefit greatly if we could retain in the workforce, well beyond the age of 65, a larger proportion of people with experience and skills who are willing and able to go on working — if they want to do so — and who don’t need additional housing, because they’ve got a house already.

:lol::lol:

Get married then. It worked in the past & still works now rent girl.

I have to say that, whilst I can't stand that smug short ar5e getting his kicks by taunting people in need (what kind of pr*t does that face to face without getting a good kicking?) I do agree that part of today's problem is the tendency for people to want to buy a house on their own, rather than as a couple. My wife and I struggled to buy on 2 incomes in 1975 - there was no way I could have done it alone.

Edited by Casual Observer

Be prepared for huge immigration by the Roma.

Look forward to accordian playing beggars and small, doe-eyed, crucifix-clutching children welded to commuters legs in station concourses, as their innocent mothers pick pocket you

Ive lived in Poland in mid-90's, and these people are a real nuisance.

Edited by jp1

I have to say that, whilst I can't stand that smug short ar5e getting his kicks by taunting people in need (what kind of pr*t does that face to face without getting a good kicking?) I do agree that part of today's problem is the tendency for people to want to buy a house on their own, rather than as a couple.

What if I get two Polish girls and send them out to work? I have to do my duty and keep this bubble alive.

Be prepared for huge immigration by the Roma.

Look forward to accordian playing beggars and small, doe-eyed, crucifix-clutching children welded to commuters legs in station concourses, as their innocent mothers pick pocket you

Ive lived in Poland in mid-90's, and these people are a real nuisance.

The Roma are all over Greece too little kids beg at your taverna table and steal the locals mopeds

:lol::lol:

Get married then. It worked in the past & still works now rent girl.

Can somebody please help this guys portfolio out by getting married and financially stuffed for the next 25 years?

Edited by dnd

I voted to join a Common Market NOT a European Union

Treaty of Rome - commitment to "ever closer union". It was all down on paper from the beginning; there is no reason for anyone to claim that they were misled.