House Price Crash Forum

Guest X-QUORK

For artistic merit I would award 5.9 to the fish attack, and 6.0 for the electrocution.

Nice one Shakerbaby :D

Edited by X-QUORK

For artistic merit I would award 5.9 to the fish attack, and 6.0 for the electrocution.

Nice one Shakerbaby :D

Kippers my favourite. :lol:

On another note will websites like clicksell really challenge EstateAgents? :unsure:

I'm a registered buyer now! Much more likely to buy cheap if there's no estate agent around to advise them properly or market the property fully.

Saying that, when I come to sell again I'll use an agent... well worth a few thousand to ensure the best price is acheived!

Edit... I have just searched for properties between £10k and £3M.

Essex - 2 properties.

London - zero!

Mmmmm, if I was a "normal" buyer how often would I look at that site? Unless a site has 20% plus of the local market you are looking in then is it worth looking at... rightmove (you have to be an EA to advertise on there) and find a property are good sites to look for properties on, but why would you look at clicksell if you were buying?

When one comes on in London sub £250k I'll go and have a look... and I'll make an offer as well!!

Edit again... actually it does advertise on other portals... it does appear to have addressed some of the problems of selling privately... it could work...

Edited by Father Fred

And if you're already using an estate agent, no problem. Click sell your home before they do and save yourself a fortune.

Hmmm. If the discussion I had yesterday is anything to go by you'd still have to pay your existing agent.

I'm a registered buyer now! Much more likely to buy cheap if there's no estate agent around to advise them properly or market the property fully.

Saying that, when I come to sell again I'll use an agent... well worth a few thousand to ensure the best price is acheived!

Edit... I have just searched for properties between £10k and £3M.

Essex - 2 properties.

London - zero!

Mmmmm, if I was a "normal" buyer how often would I look at that site? Unless a site has 20% plus of the local market you are looking in then is it worth looking at... rightmove (you have to be an EA to advertise on there) and find a property are good sites to look for properties on, but why would you look at clicksell if you were buying?

When one comes on in London sub £250k I'll go and have a look... and I'll make an offer as well!!

Edit again... actually it does advertise on other portals... it does appear to have addressed some of the problems of selling privately... it could work...

I put the town I live in with a 5 mile radius, 3 beds or more, no price limits and 118 pages @ 5 properties per the page came up on the Property Finder.com site Mind you it was a generous 5 mile radius, or I live nearer to Harrogate than I thought :D

So I reckon if you went with them for £59 it's cheap advertising, as people viewing through PropertyFinder.com will see your house.

Edited by Catch22

yeah... i see that. they might have a decent business model there. site looked good. good local agents (whether part of a corporate or an independent) will have a role for a long time yet.

in my area i look at rightmove only really for research. and obscure places for possible bargains.

I put my house on for sale with ClickSell.co.uk so I now a bit about it !! I think some of you have got the wrong end of the stick !!

The clicksell.co.uk site is a sellers tool. Sellers upload their property details onto it and then they get automatically advertised on loads of property listing sites on the web i.e. Fish4homes, propertyfinder.com and hundreds of others. Buyers then find their property on the other listing sites and clickback to the details on ClickSell to get further info and contact the seller. The ClickSell site then allows the seller to manage the sale themselves right through to the final deal.

It doesn't matter how many properties ClickSell has on their site at any one time because people don't search the ClickSell site itself for properties to buy on it. All the searching is done on the 3rd party listing sites such as Fish4homes and propertyfinder.

Try it....it works. I had an enquiry 12 hours after I signed up !!!!

I like the Fish best !!!!!!

I put the town I live in with a 5 mile radius, 3 beds or more, no price limits and 118 pages @ 5 properties per the page came up on the Property Finder.com site Mind you it was a generous 5 mile radius, or I live nearer to Harrogate than I thought :D

So I reckon if you went with them for £59 it's cheap advertising, as people viewing through PropertyFinder.com will see your house.

No guarantee the est ag can get you the best price. In fact there incentive to get an extra £10,000 is only going to mean an extra £150 when they may already have a £2,500 fee!!

I reckon the best way to incentivise an estate agent is to offer them 0.25% fee for a sale below their valuation and 10% of anything they achieve above the valuation.

Eg house valued at £300K, if sold at £300K gives the EA a fee of £750, but if sold for £350K the fee is £5750, and if £375K is achieved the EA gets £8250.