House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
erd

Cpi Back Up To 2%

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=19

A new way to fiddle the figures!

whats wrong with this? personally i have invested in a season ticket, a sleeping bag and a rucksack full of dairy products. I get on the bus, go to work, leave work, get on a bus - dont get off until 11pm, eat some dairy goods, drink a few pints of milk, get on a night bus, get in my sleeping bag and just travel around till 6am, when i get off listen to my ipod and eat some yoghurt and go to work. Life has never been cheaper ;)

A choice nugget from erd.

So, those who pay bus fares are now rejoicing because on average they are paying less?

Bus fares are not in my basket so how should I feel?

whats wrong with this? personally i have invested in a season ticket, a sleeping bag and a rucksack full of dairy products. I get on the bus, go to work, leave work, get on a bus - dont get off until 11pm, eat some dairy goods, drink a few pints of milk, get on a night bus, get in my sleeping bag and just travel around till 6am, when i get off listen to my ipod and eat some yoghurt and go to work. Life has never been cheaper ;)

Then when you retire your (mobile) home will be free.

HPI = Homeless Passengers Index.

A choice nugget from erd.

Did moneyweek read it? From their daily email:

Meanwhile, here in the UK, the Chancellor seems to have figured out a sure-fire way to keep inflation figures down – by issuing free bus passes...

... And inflation would have come in even higher – but here’s where Mr Brown comes in. According to National Statistics: “A large downward effect came from bus travel, with average fares falling following the introduction this April of free off-peak local bus travel in England for people aged 60 and over”.

So can we expect free bus travel to be rolled out across the country in the next Budget? We’re not convinced that even Mr Brown is that crafty. But even if he is hoping to use statistical sleight of hand to keep interest rates lower, he’s not likely to have much success.

Did moneyweek read it? From their daily email:

Who knows?

That was a rather subtle point though, so maybe.

Mind, that folks here bring up relevant stuff from all over, this place must be worth watching, especially as you then see debate about what's been highlighted.

Sort of free research assistants and Oxbridge Union debates without travelling.

"This House believes...............".