House Price Crash Forum
sam

We Want 0.25% Now

A simple coherent message is needed within in the media of what exactly what we want.

The Government are not going to bring house prices down on purpose, end of story.

We constantly hear these commentators on TV(even the like of Kirsty) saying how sorry they feel for those that cannot get on the ladder, WELL HERE IS WHAT Ruth Kelly can do.

WE WANT JUST A FURTHER 0.5% OF THE LAND IN THE UK

The fact is that the population in the UK is rising, it is just commonsense that we need more space to house them, and i am so sorry if a very small minority(i.e your local village vicar type) who cannot smell their roses in total peace and quite, but ther are familys desperate for a home.

Start writting, emailing, protesting to Ruth Kelly NOW, even if we only get 0.25% it would be a huge help.

A simple coherent message is needed within in the media of what exactly what we want.

The Government are not going to bring house prices down on purpose, end of story.

We constantly hear these commentators on TV(even the like of Kirsty) saying how sorry they feel for those that cannot get on the ladder, WELL HERE IS WHAT Ruth Kelly can do.

The fact is that the population in the UK is rising, it is just commonsense that we need more space to house them, and i am so sorry if a very small minority(i.e your local village vicar type) who cannot smell their roses in total peace and quite, but ther are familys desperate for a home.

Start writting, emailing, protesting to Ruth Kelly NOW, even if we only get 0.25% it would be a huge help.

Doesn't the land need to be somewhere with adequate water resources - that complicates things a bit

What we really need is a programme of population reduction followed by a limit on the number of children people can have. Building more and more houses is not a solution ultimately. All we'll end up with is everyone living on top of each other. Allowing the population to increase will also exacerbate existing problems of energy consumption, carbon emmmissions and road congestion. We should learn form China before we end up like China.

Doesn't the land need to be somewhere with adequate water resources - that complicates things a bit

Also, i would imagine that if you plotted the demand for housing by geographic area, most of the demand - and high prices - would be centred around city centres, or areas that were greenbelt around a city. It's quite easy to go and buy somewhere affordable in the middle of nowhere, whether that's a sustainable (or desired) option is what limits people placing demand on that kind of property.

Totally agree! I think the people who are set against the greenbelt being relaxed are living in the past. We are moving forwards as a country and we are expanding at a very fast rate, We need more houses, not more green fields! Don't get me wrong I am not anti countryside or anything but a lot of this greenbelt land that certain groups are desperate to save is just going to waste, Its not as if its helping wildlife flourish or anything like that, Most of it is just farming land that does not even look nice! When you fly over England you can see how much spare land there is! Its time the government stood up and did something about this rather than being scared of losing votes from the minority who just have nothing better to do than moan! :D

* I suppose the fact that I am moving into land investment would make my views slightly stronger :D Seriously though I do believe in what I said

Its not just land its also vastly complex infrastructure. With 100's of thousands of immigrants due to come to the UK (if the press are right) we need more schools, hospitals (the NHS will need to add more jobs not destroy them), water supplies, more gas/electricity/oil, roads, police and fire services etc. Taxes?

As the Island becomes more crowded changes in lifestyle will be necessary with more mass transit and less cars. Job restrictions have to be brought in to ensure that commuting is minimilized to save fuel and crowding of roads. Holidays may have to be allocated so as not to burdern resorts all at one time. It gets complicated far beyond just land I am afraid. :(

what we really need are our local authorities to begin to build council homes for rent.

thats what we pay poll tax for. thats what we employ them for.

this would take the strain out of the market.

we have a right to tell them what to do. we own them, not them us.

at the moment they do as they please. there are plenty of speed humps and cameras.

where are the bloody homes LAs ?

What we really need is a programme of population reduction followed by a limit on the number of children people can have. Building more and more houses is not a solution ultimately. All we'll end up with is everyone living on top of each other. Allowing the population to increase will also exacerbate existing problems of energy consumption, carbon emmmissions and road congestion. We should learn form China before we end up like China.

You are not alone in your thinking.

http://www.sas.org/tcs/weeklyIssues_2006/2...re1p/index.html

He then showed solutions for reducing the world's population in the form of a slide depicting the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. War and famine would not do, he explained. Instead, disease offered the most efficient and fastest way to kill the billions that must soon die if the population crisis is to be solved.