House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Golden Shower

Rics - Hpi Picks Up

Morning.

LONDON (Reuters) - House price growth in England and Wales rebounded in the three months to April as the number of new prospective buyers rose for the 11th month in a row, the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors said on Tuesday.

RICS

Edit: Looks like they see the market tightening a bit, stocks dropping a bit and completed sales nudging up too.

Edited by Golden Shower

Another day of perma bear denial, follwoed by a spin on how a rising market is good for their cause.

:)

Morning.

I'm certainly not in denial. It's funny how you bulls expect us to not accept a rising survey. Most bears are taking the stance that it will slow significantly later in the year...

Even the VIs are saying it will slow (Halifax, Nationwide, Rigthmove etc), Rics say "The data underpinned expectations that house prices would continue to rise, although their optimism eased somewhat from the last survey, RICS said.".

Jason,

I'm also think that the market will slow, but will we get an HPC? It's possible but I suspect that the chances are diminishing. Will it even slow to the extent that will make it worth while staying out of the market? Unless we get falls in nominal prices many may be wasting their time.

'm certainly not in denial. It's funny how you bulls expect us to not accept a rising survey.

By the fact you have stated this I would not class you as a perma bear, because it indicates that you probably have an open mind.

Another day of perma bear denial, follwoed by a spin on how a rising market is good for their cause.

:)

Not from me, my dream would be the day that prices dropped 30/40%, but i am afraid it just is not going to happen in the short or medium term, i am glad you Bulls get off on the fact that many of us are having a tough time :(

I am afraid the VI's are too commited now, they are quite happy for this Country to borrow itself into oblivion and self destruct in the future. It is still possible for the uneducated to be loaned a lot more money yet, another 10% rise in HPI is well on the cards, maybe even 20% or more.

The Crash will come, but i am starting to look to the next decade before it happens.

I remain unconvinced. Exactly where is the money coming from? Parents remortagaging to raise deposits for kids, BTLers borrowing for a tiny yield, foreign investors? It all has to be paid back. This economy is relying on borrowing just to get by. Jobseeker claimants increased by 100,000 in a year, which means real unemployment is up three to four times that.

Right that's enough.

I remain unconvinced. Exactly where is the money coming from? Parents remortagaging to raise deposits for kids, BTLers borrowing for a tiny yield, foreign investors? It all has to be paid back. This economy is relying on borrowing just to get by. Jobseeker claimants increased by 100,000 in a year, which means real unemployment is up three to four times that.

Right that's enough.

I rememeber two years ago a spate of news items on the TV where you would get a young couple looking into an estate agents window longing for the day when they might be able to afford a home.

Like many people at the time you could be forgiven for thinking that even if you belief was there would be no crash, surely it could get no worse.

Fast foward 2 years, this week alone RICS, Rightmove, ODPM, Halifax all showing that the bubble is taking off again.

To understand why this is happening you have to understand the 75% of house owners, all they know is that nobody can afford their homes which makes them think that they must be having it good that they are living in homes that we cannot afford.

Why should Labour do anything about it, the only reason would be because it is the right thing to do, but it is power that they want.

As a Country we really get off on shafting each other, you turn the news on every morning and see a society cramping on their own doorstep.

This Country will not start being creative again untill we get a crash, this Country at the moment is built on selling each other crappy houses at this present moment. The day that a house becomes somewhere just to go home after a proper days work will be the day we start putting the Great back into Britain.

Not from me, my dream would be the day that prices dropped 30/40%, but i am afraid it just is not going to happen in the short or medium term, i am glad you Bulls get off on the fact that many of us are having a tough time :(

I am afraid the VI's are too commited now, they are quite happy for this Country to borrow itself into oblivion and self destruct in the future. It is still possible for the uneducated to be loaned a lot more money yet, another 10% rise in HPI is well on the cards, maybe even 20% or more.

The Crash will come, but i am starting to look to the next decade before it happens.

I don't get off on it, I too would prefere sensible house prices but as you state, the fact is it ain't coming down at the moment.

This Country will not start being creative again untill we get a crash, this Country at the moment is built on selling each other crappy houses at this present moment. The day that a house becomes somewhere just to go home after a proper days work will be the day we start putting the Great back into Britain.

There is a point of no return where no matter what policies are introduced afterwards they cannot repair what has been broken.

We don't know where that point is, it seems our leaders / financial masters simply don't care where it is as long as it is not obvious that that point has been hit on their watch.

Jason,

I'm also think that the market will slow, but will we get an HPC? It's possible but I suspect that the chances are diminishing.

Why do you think the chances of a HPC are diminishing? I would say the chances have improved... because of debt. It seems when rates were reduced in August everyone took on more debt keeping repayments the same, plus alot more.

If anything we're far more vulnerable now than we were a year ago!

Why do you think the chances of a HPC are diminishing? I would say the chances have improved... because of debt. It seems when rates were reduced in August everyone took on more debt keeping repayments the same, plus alot more.

If anything we're far more vulnerable now than we were a year ago!

Despite the US, UK, European and Japanese economies doing well? Despite the alarming headlines, many companies are doing very nicely, my employer has just raked in whopping profits this year. I expect periods of adjustment, but not much chance of heavy nominal falls.

All I know is that the Land registry shows Detached homes down 8.2% last Q in my area so I am happy!

I would rather go by the LR data than the anectdotal comments of a few Eas such as "number of inquires rising" or the "surging interest in FTBs" etc. My local papers are full of ads with "new prices", "no upward chain" and "unexpectedly back on the market." Reality is better than a VIs wishful thinking.

Guest X-QUORK

Despite the US, UK, European and Japanese economies doing well? Despite the alarming headlines, many companies are doing very nicely, my employer has just raked in whopping profits this year. I expect periods of adjustment, but not much chance of heavy nominal falls.

Sounds like rising IRs shouldn't be too much of an issue for your employer then?

Sounds like rising IRs shouldn't be too much of an issue for your employer then?

In relation to the enormous amount of new business and profits they are making, probably not that much of an issue.

I would have to check their RNS announcements to be sure though.

Right that's enough.

I suspect that a lot of demand is coming from those who have been 'undergeared' taking a decision to gear up.

Yeah... just flying off the shelves in my area??

I've been watching 20 particular properties since Dec 05.

Total Number Sold (or SSTC): 3 (all at reduced price according to LR, for the 2 that have shown up).

Total Number Reduced: 4

Hometrack say that average time to sell in the area is 6 weeks? They should tell that to these vendors, I'm sure they'd love to know.

Don't believe the stats.