House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jack123

Squaregain Account

I applied a squaregain ISA last monday, but no response has been received so far. Any body knows how long it will take to get any information from them?

Thank you very much.

I applied a squaregain ISA last monday, but no response has been received so far. Any body knows how long it will take to get any information from them?

Thank you very much.

They are normally quite quick, ie within a week.

I'm not sure what you've done, did you apply online, or request an application pack?

They are going through a rebranding soon, and will shortly be known as Selftrade, but I don't think this would hold anything up.

NDL

They are normally quite quick, ie within a week.

I'm not sure what you've done, did you apply online, or request an application pack?

They are going through a rebranding soon, and will shortly be known as Selftrade, but I don't think this would hold anything up.

NDL

Thx NDL, I applied online. Do you think I need to contact them again or just wait for another couple of days?

Cheers

Thx NDL, I applied online. Do you think I need to contact them again or just wait for another couple of days?

Cheers

Maybe better to contact them if it's been over a week. I set mine up by requesting a pack which took less than a week to be issued. I then sent my application off and got my account details back within about another week.

If I remember correctly, the cheque I sent took a little longer than I expected to clear, but I think that was my bank delaying payment until they could speak to me (wasn't even that huge a sum of money!)

If it's been over a week, maybe best to get in touch with them. If anything, it'll let you judge their customer service.

NDL

Maybe better to contact them if it's been over a week. I set mine up by requesting a pack which took less than a week to be issued. I then sent my application off and got my account details back within about another week.

If I remember correctly, the cheque I sent took a little longer than I expected to clear, but I think that was my bank delaying payment until they could speak to me (wasn't even that huge a sum of money!)

If it's been over a week, maybe best to get in touch with them. If anything, it'll let you judge their customer service.

NDL

I agree, contact them - call, they're helpful and pleasant to deal with in my experience.

Once you've got the account set up you can use a debit card if payment from your account is taking too long to arrive. If you are buying gold ETFs (GBS) you have to do this as a telephone trade.

I agree, contact them - call, they're helpful and pleasant to deal with in my experience.

Once you've got the account set up you can use a debit card if payment from your account is taking too long to arrive. If you are buying gold ETFs (GBS) you have to do this as a telephone trade.

Can you buy GBS in the ISA? I can buy it outwith the ISA in the normal dealing account (never actually completed the trade but just tried it to get a quote), but when I tried within the ISA it said that I couldn't trade this security in this type of account. I assumed that there was some restriction on ISAs that meant this was not allowed.

Why do you need to phone the trade in?

Can you buy GBS in the ISA? I can buy it outwith the ISA in the normal dealing account (never actually completed the trade but just tried it to get a quote), but when I tried within the ISA it said that I couldn't trade this security in this type of account. I assumed that there was some restriction on ISAs that meant this was not allowed.

Why do you need to phone the trade in?

You can't include it in an ISA - not sure why.

You have to phone trade - again I don't know why but it doesn't take long to do.