House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Killer Bunny

Phillip Hammond Mp

Tw4t ! :angry:

Seminar today where he was on panel with Prof Tim Congdon (yes he!), Chris Deakin (Govt Actuary) and some consulting actuary ponce oh and the Lib Dem DWP guy.

There were about 60 academic and business people there and of course I sttod out like their collective sore thumbs. (Like I worry about it :P )

Anyway, Tory policy is to a) have pensioners MEW to fund their ongoing retirement :angry: and b ) attract 20/30 yr olds to ... buying property :angry: :angry: :angry: Also, when I challenged him again afterwards he - are you ready for this, he's a man about 50 - DID NOT KNOW THAT HPs FELL IN NOMINAL TERMS IN THE 1990s.

Can you adam'n'eve it?

Please all email him NOW and tell him that they fell around 15% and around 35% in real terms.

Email here: http://www.locata.co.uk/commons/mail.asp?cons_id=377

The Tories may then change their policy of attracting young ignorants to Housing.

fp

Edited by Financial Planner

Yes, it's to be expected, aside from David Willets none of the Tories really have a clue... their solutions are just more of the same NuLabour guff, they wouldn't know a free market or reform if it bite them on their well paid ar$e. By using Krusty Allsop and opposing HIP's they really come across as appealing!

Oh well, nevermind.

do you think he is a vacuous puppet and the recipient of some aggressive lobbying?

Philip was born in 1955 in Essex. He was married in 1991 and he and his wife, Susan, have two daughters and a son: Amy, Sophie and William.
He was educated at the Shenfield School, Brentwood, Essex, and won an Open Scholarship to University College, Oxford, where he gained a 1st Class Honours degree in PPE in 1977. His personal interests include reading, cinema, and hill-walking in Scotland.
As well as a
wide-ranging business career
over twenty years, including director-level roles in medical equipment manufacturing,
property
and oil & gas companies in the UK and in Europe

'nuff said

The tory party has mass immigration as thier central economic policy. All mainstream parties are agreed on mass immigration as the way to effortless economic growth and rising houseprices.

As well as a wide-ranging business career over twenty years, including director-level roles in medical equipment manufacturing, property and oil & gas companies in the UK and in Europe

[/indent]

'nuff said

So he's been at director-level in a property company and doesn't know that house prices fell in the 90s...

The cream really does rise to the top, doesn't it. <_<

So he's been at director-level in a property company and doesn't know that house prices fell in the 90s...

The cream really does rise to the top, doesn't it. <_<

In the tory party, yes... yes it does :rolleyes:

The tory party has mass immigration as thier central economic policy. All mainstream parties are agreed on mass immigration as the way to effortless economic growth and rising houseprices.

Is that the same Tory party that ran an election campaign in 2005 with the slogan: "it isn't racist to impose limits on immigration", and which proposed amongst other things for parliament to set these limits annually?

http://www.conservatives.com/tile.do?def=m...mmigration.page

Surely brainclamp's only reason for claiming "the tory party has mass immigration as thier central economic policy" is that brainclamp is a desperate BNP activist and therefore has to convince people that the BNP is the only anti-immigration party, which plainly, it isn't.

frugalista

OT this thread please, another one ruined by the same old BS.

Quite. Can we get back to the point in hand and has anyone yet emailed him?

I know everyone likes to slate Brainclamp, but this is true. The tories may have run a campaign on the basis of limiting immigration, but that doesn't mean they oppose it. Do they state what level they would cap it at? I imagine the answer is a very high level. It was just an attempt to harness what they obviously perceived to be a large scale xenophobia/racism in the general population. Their lack of success perhaps suggests that most people are not xenophobic/racist.

Immigration is widely regarded as the solution to the demographic timebomb we face. Without immigration we face a (more rapid) economic decline and an inability to meet future pension and healthcare obligations. Our birthrate is declining, so what is the alternative? Obviously we could encourage breeding, but there seems to be little appetite for it.

Whether you hate immigrants is a separate issue, and obviously the one that Brainclamp is really trying to recruit people to the BNP under.

What's the point, they're not in power, never will be.

As I said before, if the no 2 political party takes buying houses off the agenda then that will be another pro House voice taken away.

So, let me get this right, hasn't a single HPCer emailed Hammond using the email address I provided?

Must say I'm disappointed in my noisy but couldn't really care less co-HPCers. Is HPC turning into yet another talking shop which diesn;t actually do anything but bleat and discuss endlessly. Oh, great Python, where are you now? We obviously don;t need you as this could be a Ministry for Silly Comments without you. If you feel like bleating about me, do whatever you want but could you also spend 15 seconds copying this out and sending it to The Shadow DWP Secretary:

"Dear Mr Hammond

You recently commented that you had not realised house prices fell in nominal terms during the 1990s. In fact they fell 15% nominally and 35% in real terms. The falls will be much greater this time.

Yours sincerely,

"

As I said before, if the no 2 political party takes buying houses off the agenda then that will be another pro House voice taken away.

So, let me get this right, hasn't a single HPCer emailed Hammond using the email address I provided?

Must say I'm disappointed in my noisy but couldn't really care less co-HPCers. Is HPC turning into yet another talking shop which diesn;t actually do anything but bleat and discuss endlessly. Oh, great Python, where are you now? We obviously don;t need you as this could be a Ministry for Silly Comments without you. If you feel like bleating about me, do whatever you want but could you also spend 15 seconds copying this out and sending it to The Shadow DWP Secretary:

"Dear Mr Hammond

You recently commented that you had not realised house prices fell in nominal terms during the 1990s. In fact they fell 15% nominally and 35% in real terms. The falls will be much greater this time.

Yours sincerely,

"

FP,

I think it would be more useful to send something making a good argument against their policies, young people buying with such large mortgages, how bad MEWing for retirement would be rather than just send an email saying 'you said something that was wrong'. That isn't very productive, probably why nobody has sent anything.

I'm going to write a letter to Vincent Cable (Lib Dem MP) shortly to get a view of Lib Dem housing policies. I don't think there is anything between Conservative and Labour, if anything Conservative policies are probably even worse.

That isn't very productive, probably why nobody has sent anything.

In your opinion. Please do not assume for others however I'm grateful for your comments.

Guest Cletus VanDamme

I'm happy to contact my own MP about housing policy (and I have done on a number of occasions), but to email an MP that I've never met on the basis of an anecdotal comment does not strike me as very sensible: 'Dear Mr Hammond, I understand that you mentioned to an unknown person on an internet forum that you were unaware that HPs fell in nominal terms in the 1990s. I would like to correct this misunderstanding ...'

I'd look a right idiot.

BTW I don't think the Tories need to worry about attracting 20-30 yr olds into property. Those that can afford it (and those that can't) are piling in right now, unfortunately.

I remember during the last recession, Labour were arguing that Tory policies had led people into negative equity. But this was not an attempt to dissuade people from entering the housing market. Their argument was that recession had caused house prices to fall (not that prices were returning to more normal levels post-boom), so under a Labour govt. there would be no recession and hence rising house prices. Which is kind of what we got.