House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gruffydd

New Flood Of Immigrants Expected

AT least the government can't claim we will receive only a handfull of immigrants from the East like they did last time so it will be interesting to see how they do spin it.

The really big thing to watch is the number of Roma Gyspies who come. They are widely hated in Eastern Europe and are likely to move here en masse if allowed to. The Romanians will be only too glad to be rid of them as they have the largest population of Roma in Europe -possibly over 1 million.

If there are the homes & jobs available to support this level of immigration there is no reason to be concerned.

If this level of immigration is expected because England is viewed as a 'soft touch' who award free benefits & housing to anybody who fancies it, it needs to be firmly demonstrated that this is not the case.

Sadly at the moment all publicity points to us being soft touch for immigrants, legal or not, at the expense of wage earning contributors to our health, housing & living benefit systems.

The biggest fear is the inclusion of even a small degree of criminal element into our society who are allowed to remain & re-offend due to 'bleeding heart' attitudes that the poor luvvies might actually be punished for their crimes.

This is not a racist view, just practical economy.

Local Authorities will be busy serving eviction notices on their existing tenants? With up to 4 families per dwelling we are going to need many additional homes over the next few years? With high rents the government will need to have some subsidies ready, especially in the West Midlands where jobs are vanishing. :( What if the wave of new people does not keep HPI going--will Gordon regret his open door policy?

http://www.in2perspective.com/nr/2006/05/i...erest-rates.jsp

It seems that migrant workers are here to stay, if businesses have their way. The underlying reason, however, is not dominantly performance related. The deflationary pressure on the economy generated by the willingness of migrant workers to work for minimum wage or less translates into low interest rates. This allows us to borrow money, whether in the form of credit cards, mortgages, loans or otherwise, at new low rates.

One way Gordon is keeping his CPI myth going.

If there are the homes & jobs available to support this level of immigration there is no reason to be concerned.

If this level of immigration is expected because England is viewed as a 'soft touch' who award free benefits & housing to anybody who fancies it, it needs to be firmly demonstrated that this is not the case.

Sadly at the moment all publicity points to us being soft touch for immigrants, legal or not, at the expense of wage earning contributors to our health, housing & living benefit systems.

The biggest fear is the inclusion of even a small degree of criminal element into our society who are allowed to remain & re-offend due to 'bleeding heart' attitudes that the poor luvvies might actually be punished for their crimes.

This is not a racist view, just practical economy.

Panorama last night. They had immigration officers exposing the spinning of objectives. Since the Blair speech (2003 I think ) about failed asylum seekers, everything else has been dropped in order to bring down the number of failed asylum seekers awaiting deportation or illegal in the country. Consequently criminals ( 'scotes', as the unnamed immigration officer interviewed called them ) are ignored, particularly if they come from a country where its impossible to get documents, China was cited. As a result, illegal immigrants who come into contact with the police for commiting criminal offences unrelated to their immigration status are being released from custody without being charged. Its a shambles and the responsibility rest at the top.

Examples given included rapists released - who should have been deported, or at least held in custody until deported as they are a danger to the public. Also, the prime suspect in the shooting of the Bradford policewoman, who was released after serving time for a robbery should have been deported. Strangely, he is now thought to be in Somalia, where he was seeking asylum from.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/4757965.stm

And people wonder why the BNP are gaining support?

If you under pay national insurance contributions during your working life then come retirement your pension is reduced and yet immigrants have their NI topped up on entry to the UK whereas working mothers who have at least contributed some money are penalised.

Fact is all main parties are actively encouraging economic migrants to the country to undercut wages and turn us all into slaves so that they can fill their pockets even more and the argument that we need this to take care of the white trash as they get old is simply stupid as who the hell is going to look after all the millions of foreign workers when they get old and as shown above have better entitlements to benefit then the British people themselves.

The BLT boom was fuelled by a flight of cash from stock shares and the boom in both legal and illegal immigrants flooding the country and I’m sorry but when we can not afford to look after our pensioners or people dieing of cancer in our hospitals I’m dammed if I’ll support the continued flood of these people to take our jobs.

Half the world stops people entering the country to take jobs whilst they have a good number of locals wanting these jobs, I know they must all be racists and want jews gassed and a return to the good old days of Hittler.

Immigration is the biggest economic threat facing the UK today but I bet this thread will find it’s way to the off topic section quite soon.

Half the world stops people entering the country to take jobs whilst they have a good number of locals wanting these jobs, I know they must all be racists and want jews gassed and a return to the good old days of Hittler.

Most countries are unashamedly nationalist, if not downright racist. It's only in the West that looking out for the best interests of your own people makes you a 'Nazi'.

The funny thing is, it's the left who were pushing 'multiculturalism', but it's the poor who suffer the worst effects of that policy: there are always far more unskilled workers in the world to compete with Joe Sixpack than there are skilled workers to compete with John Winebox, PhD.

Panorama was interesting last night.

The emphasis on not dealing with illegal immigrants was hardly suprising because they would have immediately claimed asylum. This would have added to the plus side of the equation at a time when the government was desperate to "tip the balance" (more failed asylum seekers removed from the country than new claims made).

This would of course hindered the IND in meeting it's targets and would have harmed the career of the civil servant involved. The result? Illegal immigrants arrested in the commission of a crime were simply let go.

why cant romanians stay in romania. where they belong.

For the same reason the Poles can't stay in Poland.

If you under pay national insurance contributions during your working life then come retirement your pension is reduced and yet immigrants have their NI topped up on entry to the UK whereas working mothers who have at least contributed some money are penalised.

Fact is all main parties are actively encouraging economic migrants to the country to undercut wages and turn us all into slaves so that they can fill their pockets even more and the argument that we need this to take care of the white trash as they get old is simply stupid as who the hell is going to look after all the millions of foreign workers when they get old and as shown above have better entitlements to benefit then the British people themselves.

The BLT boom was fuelled by a flight of cash from stock shares and the boom in both legal and illegal immigrants flooding the country and I’m sorry but when we can not afford to look after our pensioners or people dieing of cancer in our hospitals I’m dammed if I’ll support the continued flood of these people to take our jobs.

Immigration is the biggest economic threat facing the UK today but I bet this thread will find it’s way to the off topic section quite soon.

but we can't debate immigration properly without proponents of it mentioning gas chambers and Nazis...

With regard to Bulgarians and Romanians who'll be allowed into the EU in either 7 or 19 months' time Blair and Brown certainly won't deny them rights of abode it gives to the other accession people...for fear of being discriminatory ...and also it woulkd look like they were admitting it was a mistake to let the Poles and Czechs and Lithuanian lot in.

Noted in passing:

8 of the 11 players in saturday's FA cup winning squad were 'non-British'.

No doubt there are 8 talented British football players languishing on benefits as a result.

Curiously, none of the commentators, nor any of the national newspapers mentioned

this fact.

Presumably it is OK for foreigners to play our football for us, but not OK for them

to unblock our toilets, make our roads, wait in hotels etc.

The proponents of the immigration issue seems to have selective vision.

ABB

Noted in passing:

No doubt there are 8 talented British football players languishing on benefits as a result.

Curiously, none of the commentators, nor any of the national newspapers mentioned

this fact.

Presumably it is OK for foreigners to play our football for us, but not OK for them

ABB

Wait till they get caught "roasting" school girls in their hotel rooms.

Noted in passing:

this fact.

ABB

I saw an advert the other day inviting people to emigrate to Oz, under 45 years old & skilled, mechanics & engineers especially welcomed.

They are practising controlled immigration, this advert was posted in national press, not censored as racist.

In Thailand as an immigrant you cannot start a business if it is in competition with a local, nor can you ever wholly own land. If you ever leave the country ownership of your house reverts back to their government.

These are just a couple of examples of sensible regulatory immigration conditions.

What has England got in place?

What has England got in place?

'Come to Britain and get free stuff. If you can't afford the air fare, hijack a plane!'

Noted in passing:

Who exactly has the selective vision?.

I think it fair to say 8 footballers impact on local-authority housing stock or low skilled jobs will be minimal.

Saying "I think 300000 more immigrants is not what this country needs"

does not equate to "I hate foreigners"

That seems to be the problem whenever this debate is raised.

LOL @ Engerland. Its going to sink under its own weight. Did you know you can fit Engerland into Quebec 7 times, and that it only has 7 million people. Not counting the rest of the country. :lol:

In my slaughterhouse, most of the workers are immigrants.

I once leafletted brochures in various pubs around as we had increased

workload. Not one bristish chav applied.

Now I can imagine how many british chav will be ready to clean and

bath our older generation when papyboom starts.

I guess most here will not need carers in the next few years,

but if you have the chance: try a job caring after old people

and let me know if you'd rather not have immigrants doing that.

I precise that caring for old people might involve cleaning their

faeces, their sexual organs, their vomit and saliva. And strangely

enough the older and more dependent a person becomes, the

more they prefer immigrants as they say ' they are more caring'.

gal_env_agr_09.jpg

post-4795-1147704975.jpg

I once leafletted brochures in various pubs around as we had increased workload. Not one bristish chav applied.

Of course not: they make more money on the dole. Stop the dole flowing and you'll see plenty more people willing to work in low-paid jobs.

In the short term a policy of keeping British workers on the dole and shipping in immigrants to do the jobs instead may increase company profits, but in the long term it's suicidal.

And strangely

enough the older and more dependent a person becomes, the

more they prefer immigrants as they say ' they are more caring'.

gal_env_agr_09.jpg

Surely this is a racist comment?

Is it also not just a tad generalistic?

If you have to take someone to work quasi full time cleaning up after

your parents, would you prefer paying NMW t a caring immigrant

or 2*NMW to a british chav who doesn't care about your old folk?

I know many who at the moment prefer spending NMW on their

old folks.

gal_env_agr_09.jpg

post-4795-1147705890.jpg

Surely this is a racist comment?

Is it also not just a tad generalistic?

I suspect it really means: they are more desperate for money.

Guest Guy_Montag

Of course not: they make more money on the dole. Stop the dole flowing and you'll see plenty more people willing to work in low-paid jobs.

In the short term a policy of keeping British workers on the dole and shipping in immigrants to do the jobs instead may increase company profits, but in the long term it's suicidal.

Rome managed to keep it up for a few centuries.

If you have to take someone to work quasi full time cleaning up after

your parents, would you prefer paying NMW t a caring immigrant

or 2*NMW to a british chav who doesn't care about your old folk?

I know many who at the moment prefer spending NMW on their

old folks.

gal_env_agr_09.jpg

I understand you may only speak from your own experience but I also have experience with a company who employ a large proportion of 'agency' workers in a care environment, many of whom are of foreign origin & I certainly am not able to put all immigrants on one side as 'caring' & all the british nationals on the other side as 'don't give a damn'.

Each worker possesses certain qualities & are tasked & indeed allowed unsupervised activities according to their skills & suitability & not nationality.

If as you infer ALL british are chavs not willing to work for NMW why aren't all care homes & supermarkets staffed only by immigrants.

There appears to be plenty of publicity surrounding immigrants getting benefits not considered due to them, but you see fit to cite selective immigration!

The point is not making sweeping damning generalisations.