House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Boom'n'Bust

Rate Of House Price Inflation Doubles In One Month

http://money.guardian.co.uk/news_/story/0,,1775037,00.html

Rate of house price inflation doubles in one month

House prices have risen by 2% in the past month as the property revival gains momentum, according to a survey published today. The increase recorded by the property website Rightmove pushes up the price of the average British home by £4,150 to nearly £210,000. The increase is nearly twice the level recorded last month and puts house price inflation at 5.6% for the year to May 6.......

Guest muttley

Could the UK do "an Ireland"?

No-one has ever explained to me why house prices haven't crashed in Ireland.

My landlord is from Ireland.

Well you had better take some smelling salts, cos its really happening!!!

On the South Coast everything is selling up fast, there is very little left and prices are going up as a result.

It is pointless burying your heads in the sand, property has taken off this spring with a huge bounce, however the caveat is that the bounce this time round will for sure be the catalyst we have been waiting for.

The housing economy is being funded today by stupidity and greed by the banks to gain share of the market, they will eventually be kicking the backsides of the teenage analysts who have presided over this years lemming run.

Sorry - I just do not believe Rightmove's figures.

Well, Rightmove's figures are based on asking prices, not selling prices.

I wonder, is there any law against putting your house on the market for say, £10,000,000,000,000?

The selling price would no doubt be a lot less (unless things keep going the way they have been for another 20 years :D ).

But rightmove's average price would take an interesting direction B)

Guest The_Oldie

I wonder, is there any law against putting your house on the market for say, £10,000,000,000,000?

The selling price would no doubt be a lot less (unless things keep going the way they have been for another 20 years :D ).

But rightmove's average price would take an interesting direction B)

I don't know of any £10,000,000,000,000 properties on Rightmove, but there are quite a few £multi-million flats and terraced houses listed ;).

Here's one for example..... http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-445...pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

See this thread......... http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=24736

Guest muttley

They claim that they filter out such anomalies, but it doesn't stop some very strange asking prices cropping up on their website.

I consider the Rightmove stats to be one of the least accurate figures.