House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iLegallyBlonde

Ok Financial Whizzes I Need To Generate £6k A Year

I need to invest all of my net salary of about £25k a year for the next three years so it will return £6k a year where do I start ?

EDITED:

no need for what i put :lol:

Edited by theChuz

Oh piss off, I need to generate less than 10% that can't be impossible can it ?

less than 10%?

you want 6K return on 25K for 3 years? or are you saying you want to throw in 75K and have 6K a year on that after the 3 years?

less than 10%?

you want 6K return on 25K for 3 years? or are you saying you want to throw in 75K and have 6K a year on that after the 3 years?

I'm saying £75k over three years and have £6k a year on that after 3 years.

Thats lucky because otherwise you would be asking for a 24% return, which is quite something. If you do find an easy route to it let me know :D With 75K your only looking for 8% which is definately achievable... i'm interested to find out what people suggest too.

right :) a little more achievable but, you wont do it without risk plus you will probably have to pay some sort of tax on whatever .

then its just a matter of how much risk you can take

So you don't need to draw on any of the fund/income until after 3 years? What about risk to capital? A 5% savings account will compound to just under £4k per annum, maybe check what nvesta are offering and some diversification through your ISA allowance is in order? Structure it to utilise both your ISA, capital gain, and child trust fund allowances.

If you want £6k from £25k I can only suggest spread betting or drugs, usually the wreckless hedonism of the latter helps with the former.

Edited by BuyingBear

I need to invest all of my net salary of about £25k a year for the next three years so it will return £6k a year where do I start ?

6kpa on 25k capital is 24% - the risk/reward of an investment vehicle that achieves those sort of returns is unfavaourable, and you're more likely to LOSE money unless you revise your expectations! :)

Guest muttley

I thought you'd quit your job.....because you're pregnant.

Is maternity pay really that generous?

6kpa on 25k capital is 24% - the risk/reward of an investment vehicle that achieves those sort of returns is unfavaourable, and you're more likely to LOSE money unless you revise your expectations! :)

Thats how i read it initially, shes after 6K return after the 3 years, so for the next 3 years she wants to put 25K into *something* so she can get 6K pa after that time (i think)

It can be done terrified but not without risk plus your probably going to want to make more than that if you have to pay tax on it.

Stocks and share ISA of both you and your hubby then cross your fingers :)

Edited by theChuz

I thought you'd quit your job.....because you're pregnant.

Is maternity pay really that generous?

Oh I think I have my own stalker ;)

I didn't quit my job because I am pregnant those happy days were back in the dark ages, these days women have the vote and everything :o

I got another job, how surprising is that, yes I found another before quitting the first, the secrete to my and many others success.

Guest muttley

I didn't quit my job because I am pregnant those happy days were back in the dark ages, these days women have the vote and everything :o

I got another job, how surprising is that, yes I found another before quitting the first, the secrete to my and many others success.

Did you tell them you were pregnant?

Guest muttley

To get those kind of returns, you will have to take risk, and manage the money well.

Have a look at soem of the threads on GEI, and they may acquaint you will some of the pitfalls

in this challenge. But it can be done. My aggressive portfolio is up 40% this year in US dollar terms,

when you convert that into Sterling, it is a good deal less.

I planned to hedge the FX risk around $1.72-74, but never got round to it- too busy on this and that

She shouldn't be difficult to spot, DrB

She'll be the former gold miner with an interest in renewable energy stocks, who just got a job on the MPC enquiring about the creche facilities at the Bank of England.

I would invest the money in a high interest term deposit savings account.

In three years time property will be a dirty word, and It will be heading south in terms of price. Those with hard cash will be the ones to pick up the bargains as the repossissions this time round will be simply astounding.

In five years time I reckon we will have hit rock bottom on prices, that is the time to get your money out and build up a property portfolio, student rents, houseshares, and such like. They take a little more management than your average BTL but the returns are much better and when you want to liquidate your investment you can send in the Builders to spruce the places up.

Property is not always a bad investment, it just so happens we are now nearing peak, so its time to jump ship. But as sure as eggs is eggs, it will return to being the cash cow it was five years ago.

Guest muttley

What's that got to do with my ability to perform the tasks that make up my job description ?

Which job description are we talking about, terrified?

Estate Agent 2004?

Estate Agent 2006?

IT Recruitment?

And now Finance department?*

You could rack up more appearances on "What's My Line?" than Eammon Andrews.

*Was the thread title a question on your recent interview?

The dark ages were not that long ago... I though that you had to inform your employer at 15 weeks. I am sure that you will correct me if I am wrong but would that mean that you were only entitled to OML, which does not equate to £25,000 per year.

There's something fishy about all of this...

Terrified, were you really an estate agent? Or were you just playing with us?

There's something fishy about all of this...

Terrified, were you really an estate agent? Or were you just playing with us?

She is undoubtedly an awful tease, however we have no reason to question her role as an agent of the dark side.

Apologies if I'm speaking out of turn here but I didn't think Terrified was actually pregnant at the moment, just trying. Is there a new law now that you have to tell your employers that you are hoping to have a baby in the near future? <_<