House Price Crash Forum
Bubble Pop Electric

Great Post On Money Saving Expert

They're in debt.... ( http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=197070 )

"My problem is this:

I am married, aged 21 and my husband is 28 years old. We have £46K worth of unsecured debt and a £91K mortage, with a £600 deficit each month......... We CAN'T under any circumstances go bankrupt as my husband works in the financial sector so would lose his job, and we would most likely lose our house."

Its just beyond belief. There have been accountants & finacial analysts posting too with amazing amounts of debt.

The wheels have well & truly fallen off!

Guest Guy_Montag

They're in debt.... ( http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=197070 )

"My problem is this:

I am married, aged 21 and my husband is 28 years old. We have £46K worth of unsecured debt and a £91K mortage, with a £600 deficit each month......... We CAN'T under any circumstances go bankrupt as my husband works in the financial sector so would lose his job, and we would most likely lose our house."

Its just beyond belief. There have been accountants & finacial analysts posting too with amazing amounts of debt.

The wheels have well & truly fallen off!

Probably best for all involved if they do go bankrupt, someone like that shouldn't be working in the financial sector. I have no sympathy.

Guest Riser

Why don't they sell their house pay off some of their debts and rent somewhere closer to their work or is that too obvious ?

Once rates go up in the next couple of months they will be left with a devaluing asset and increasing debt repayments which will send them under for sure.

Edited by Riser

Why don't they sell their house pay off some of their debts and rent somewhere closer to their work or is that too obvious ?

Houses arn't selling

Because to them that would mean a loss of status and what's life without status? They'd probably rather top themselves!

Somebody post and tell them they should sell their house and see what reaction you get !

This is a classic and got me rolling around on the floor :lol:

hire purchase is for my motorcycle as its my only form of transport- we have had the HP since November and have around 2 years left I think...

and then, somtime later....

One difficulty is that I can't actually ride my motorbike as I am too short for it- please don't bring this up, I feel bad enough about it as it is and I don't want to go into the situation now....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Deserve everything they get in my opinion MUPPETS :ph34r:

This is a classic and got me rolling around on the floor :lol:

and then, somtime later....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Deserve everything they get in my opinion MUPPETS :ph34r:

This is worrying, I think she is lazy and looking for an easy way out. She earns 231 a month..... even an average office job will probably pay 800 a month.

Cheap Credit

Guest muttley

Somebody post and tell them they should sell their house and see what reaction you get !

She can't. She's on a 10 year fixed mortgage and the can't afford the penalties.

Maybe she could sell the pets. Should I ask her?

She can't. She's on a 10 year fixed mortgage and the can't afford the penalties.

Apparently the only thing that keeps her sane is the dogs, much use the husband is

in one word YES, ask her and then tell her she can't afford, and doesn't deserve pets and she needs to get off her fat ******* ass and pull the dog from between her short stubby legs and get on her bike to get a job like everyone else :angry: :D

or save on the food bill - "Roasted poodle on a bed of wild rice" is quite nice, according to a Korean friend :lol:

Edited by cupidstunt

Her only form of transport is a motorbike that she 'can't get on' because she's too small? :blink:

Call me old fashioned, but if I was going to purchase a motorbike (my only mode of transport) I might through my leg over the thing at least once before I bought it. :D

Her only form of transport is a motorbike that she 'can't get on' because she's too small? :blink:

Call me old fashioned, but if I was going to purchase a motorbike (my only mode of transport) I might through my leg over the thing at least once before I bought it. :D

I'm guessing it was the only one available on 0% finance.

btp

I wouldn't be surprised if someone is having a laugh at the expense of moneysavingexpert.com.

The whole post sounds like a complete wind up :ph34r:

this might sound stupid

but i think the age of legal consent to becomming an independent adult should be raised from 16 to 35 years

i m serious!

People make stupid decisions and act as if they are like children!

/So let's get this right, £46K in debt, of which £20K is university debt - carefully not pointing out whether it's fees, accommodation or p1ssed up a wall (I will cynicaly draw my own conclusion), then a further £26K of debt - she's 21 and he's 28 - now let me guess, they also have a bike they can't sell, can't ride and will end up paying about £3K to settle the finance on (did Yes CAr Credit do bikes ...). I suggest they have had cracking holidays and a geat time - though as she's only 21, how the cluck have they managed to run up that osrt of debt in her three years.....

I despair at some people, they have low incomes, they are short on cash and they fix their mortgage for 10 years (though this usualy means it's portable, so they could downsize (but from a one bed house...... where do you go).

There's no jobs, doubt it - there are jobs almost anywhere - it's why we have a couple of million 'foreigners' here working in our service industry and our factories and fields.

I have to say, if it's not a wind up, they are an example of why credit should be IQ tested.

It's this bit on the student loans that gets me:

"I didn't actually get a student loan stupidly enough I got an unsecured loan as we were buying a house at the time which needed quite a bit of work doing to it (when I was 18) so I decided to pay for my uni fees with that- I know it was stupid but its been done..."

Why would anyone do that! Although here partner being 7 years older is more responsible imho. A student loans company loan would have no real interest (same as inflation) and only 7% of income over 15000 p.a. to pay back - instead of £20 000 at god knows what interest rate.

And who lent so much unsecured to 18 year old student!!!