House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
laurejon

I Give Up I Am Going To Buy

Having waited five years for a crash, its just not happening I am going to buy.

I have found a property with a great deal of potential, it needs a little updating but is a sea front property and the view in the summer of scantily clad ladies in bikini's is just too much to turn away.

The agent is asking for offers in excess of, so I guess 30k would maybe seal it, what do you think.

My Webpage

I think £30k is a bargain if you get all those plastic chairs thrown in too! Doesn't look too sandy though ... do you need binoculars for the beach view? Not sure of the quality of skin in those bikinis either ... lots of retirement homes down that way! Urgh, I think I'm going to be ill... :blink:

That's beautiful! I hear they have wooden properties in Canada just like that for around the same kind of money. You'll double your money in five years when it will most likely have a step in bath fitted as standard. ;)

Remember the film "Something about Mary" and the old lady ?...............Well that is what the neighbours look like. But I reckon its an up and coming area. Across the road is a cafe, currently selling sandwiches and plastic cricket sets, now when the smart set move in this could well be a first rate resaurant.

I am setting aside a budget of 20K to cover the refurbishment works, I reckon to have a dormer installed in the roof to create an additional two bedrooms, and having watched many makeover programmes I know that I will have to spend at least 7k on a quality kitchen and some laminate flooring.

The kids are really excited about the prospect of living in a tent whilst I carry out the development and I have no doubts that when it is complete it will be a flagship development.

Edited by laurejon

Guest Winners and Losers

I have found a property with a great deal of potential, it needs a little updating but is a sea front property and the view in the summer of scantily clad ladies in bikini's is just too much to turn away.

The agent is asking for offers in excess of, so I guess 30k would maybe seal it, what do you think.

My Webpage

Naughty LJ had WAL worried for a minute. ;)

Surely you could knock one up yourself for a tenner? I know, its Location, Location, Location. :rolleyes:

You've done me a favour with this one LJ. My problem is I've got my parents and the gf pressing me to commit to buying a place. The missus has just enquired why I'm in hysterics in front of the computer. I've just shown her. Even she now thinks house prices are overvalued.

:lol::lol:

I actually found one for..........would you believe £79,000!!!!

They are like gold dust, and with neighbours like Mick Jagger a mere stones throw away its a cast iron investment.

I will be getting the best commute in the world, no road toll charges for me, I will be on me jetski to pompey each day, Winter will be tough but a nice Parka and I will be well away.

Buying has to be cheaper than renting, get a load of this

http://www.beach-huts.com/

If I let this property out, I could expect to get around 80 quid a week in rental income, now if I were to buy say 400 beach huts, just imagine, Van Hoogstraten would look lightweight by comparison. The potential is endless,with a Mr Whippy Franchise I reckon I would be a mirrionair within 6 months, and rodney finks the same.

Actually, as it happens Nick Lyndhurst does live not very far from that beach hut.

If I let this property out, I could expect to get around 80 quid a week in rental income,

£80 a week?

Isn't that priced a bit low?

Do a search for Poole on that website, one of those is asking £150 a week rent on a beach hut.

I think you should raise the rents. :P

Guest Winners and Losers

I will be getting the best commute in the world, no road toll charges for me, I will be on me jetski to pompey each day, Winter will be tough but a nice Parka and I will be well away.

If I let this property out, I could expect to get around 80 quid a week in rental income, now if I were to buy say 400 beach huts, just imagine, Van Hoogstraten would look lightweight by comparison. The potential is endless,with a Mr Whippy Franchise I reckon I would be a mirrionair within 6 months, and rodney finks the same.

Actually, as it happens Nick Lyndhurst does live not very far from that beach hut.

Pompei (actually). :rolleyes:

Parka? That's like TTRTR saying 'Fabbo'. ;)

Do they call Mr Whippy, Mr Whippy in the UK? People might think you are talking about Right Fred's Dead if you're not careful. :ph34r:

My Webpage

Hi,

Isn't that one of prescot's affordable housing scheme developments?

Yes, I would go for it. Renting is dead money, property always goes up, houses like that will cost a million pounds ten years from now, you have to be on the ladder or you're doomed.

Edited by boom_and_bust

Hi,

Isn't that one of prescot's affordable housing scheme developments?

Yes, I would go for it. Renting is dead money, property always goes up, houses like that will cost a million pounds ten years from now, you have to be on the ladder or you're doomed.

Joking aside, that looks like good value compared to some UK property.

SW17

This is a 2 minute walk from where 2 brothers were stabbed to death on the street a few weeks ago.

Edited by Smell the Fear

Guest Winners and Losers

Joking aside, that looks like good value compared to some UK property.

SW17

This is a 2 minute walk from where 2 brothers were stabbed to death on the street a few weeks ago.

Saarf London I see. :rolleyes:

Naughty LJ had WAL worried for a minute. ;)

Surely you could knock one up yourself for a tenner? I know, its Location, Location, Location. :rolleyes:

The old rogue had me worried too WAL.............I thought he really had crumbled

Edited by Michael

My Webpage

You crack me up :lol::DB)

Ya goob!